Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: why  (Read 11450 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
why
« on: August 25, 2014, 05:55:02 PM »

One up front , ok try it  but when it obviously isn't working change it , Reeves must be knackered after that game .

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: why
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 06:03:25 PM »

It would be good if we new which players were injured.
Then we could understand the team selections.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 06:10:10 PM »

I can see why he did it , they are very strong on midfield we packed it and tbh they did ok very few chances and don't forget it a new one to them and will take time to improve it
FFS

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 06:14:06 PM »

clee still injured ? presume crowther is ? one shot on target but seeing the starting line up no great surprise

eightiesrobin

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 06:18:30 PM »

Yes, it looked a very cobbled-together line up today.

They deserved the result  but I was expecting something more. They were well organised, and closed us down quickly (where have I heard that before?) but not much else. Didn't see what exactly happened for their goal, seemed to start when Griffin's man got behind him.

We didn't look like scoring IMO. A depressing afternoon.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 06:20:46 PM »

Not sure how he can tell people about injuries, certainly doesn't want to be giving any more away than we have to pre match.  

I'm not sure if Gillespies hamstrings will do 2 games in 3 days so that may have influenced his thinking?

Can't comment on the game too much as can only go off what I heard on Radio Robins as was ill ( hate missing games).  However when he knew he would be missing Clee and Crowther I think he was right to go for a solid formation.

We need points on the board but we are losing by the odd goal and that can be turned around, starting Saturday.

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 06:34:51 PM »

Probably did right with the 5 but at half time and losing shouldev made the change if you have 1 up front the 2 wide players shouldev done more to help reeves they were better than us not to many complaints just a little timid

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 06:39:02 PM »

Not sure how he can tell people about injuries, certainly doesn't want to be giving any more away than we have to pre match.  

I'm not sure if Gillespies hamstrings will do 2 games in 3 days so that may have influenced his thinking?

Can't comment on the game too much as can only go off what I heard on Radio Robins as was ill ( hate missing games).  However when he knew he would be missing Clee and Crowther I think he was right to go for a solid formation.

We need points on the board but we are losing by the odd goal and that can be turned around, starting Saturday.

The point I was trying to say Mark was, nobody new Crowther was injured.
When the team sheet went up, we all thought, where is a winger????

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 06:41:24 PM »

No complaints.....we were edged out by the better side. Clark at no.6 was massive for them. I am just a little concerned about the lack of firepower, but if we keep making the openings it'll come.

Onwards to Nuneaton on Saturday........they haven't scored a goal in seven and a half hours.

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 06:46:54 PM »

No complaints today but bit. Concerned that without clee we have very little hope of winning

mortlakebob

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 06:48:31 PM »

Thought we gave it a decent go against a good side. Hard to argue against 4 5 1 but probably should have brought perry on 15 mins earlier to give us bit more chance. We've got a good squad but its a small squad, too small if we want to give ourselves a much better chance of staying up. We really need one more wide player to give us another option. We struggle to be creative out wide when clee is out.  Thought we matched a good midfield throughout in the centre - cavanagh very good. Next 2 games important now. Enough positives from 5 games to suggest we can stay up. On this weekend 2 years ago we were being outplayed by vauxhall motors so keep the faith.

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 06:52:38 PM »

I'd prefer a small squad the more options the more mistakes lee makes

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 06:53:53 PM »

with the lack of wide players available I think Lee kind of got it right initially....we were maybe unlucky to concede right on half time.

Think Lee left it far too late to bring on Kyle who managed to hold up the high balls previously sailing over Damian's head.....a ludicrous tactic....

Stu didn't play so lee will have to find another scapegoat...probably drop reeves next.....Parton had a fairly solid debut, one brilliant save but for once marshall and havern came for and got more or less everything.....he does run across his line a bit headless chicken less...think he is going to give us a few heart stopping moments!!

We missed Buzz today!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 06:54:20 PM »

I'd prefer a small squad the more options the more mistakes lee makes

;D

Bath Alty

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 06:55:26 PM »

I don't think it's too small.

We have two defenders injured, both wingers injured and turned out two decent XI's in three days.  If you want a squad with options on the bench and 4 first teamers out then there will be too many not getting game time through the season and I'd rather play the best XI more than LS seems to want to in order to keep them fresh etc
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 why