News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "United-Supporteren"

Author Topic: "United-Supporteren"  (Read 3148 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"United-Supporteren"
« on: August 28, 2014, 05:22:27 PM »

If anyone is interested in completing this by tomorrow night, please reply on this thread or send me a Personal Message via this forum:-

Hi!

My name is Bjarte Valen and I`m a UK based journalist at the magazine of the Scandinavian Manchester United Supporters Club "United-Supporteren".

For the next edition we are looking to do something different, we are going to run a story on other clubs in and around Manchester and that`s why we need your help and your insight to your club.

If you could spare a few minutes to answer the questions below that would be highly appreciated.

All the best for this season for you and your team.

Best Wishes

Bjarte Valen
UK corresepondent - United-Supporteren

Your name:
Your organization

What is your stadium like (Why do you like/dislike it)?

What is the atmosphere like?

Favourite banter amongst the crowd is...

What is it like for families?

Anything in particular you would recommend to football fans travelling to your ground for the first time?

Why would a Scandinavian Manchester United Supporter like a day out at your stadium?

What is the food like at the ground? What would you like to recommend?

A good advise on what NOT to do at your ground...?

Expectations for the new season: What is the best you can expect? And what do you fear?

Any good pubs for a prematch drink or two?

Anyone you would recoment to follow on twitter to get news on your club?

Any funny/quirky stories about your stadium that spring to your mind?

Any particular memories from when Manchester United visited your ground?

Hamilton

Re: "United-Supporteren"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:43:25 PM »

What is your stadium like (Why do you like/dislike it)? -  Old fashioned, quite ramshackle in a way, but compact, atmospheric, close to the pitch and very easy to get around.

What is the atmosphere like? - Tends to be very good. Always friendly and welcoming.

Favourite banter amongst the crowd is... - I like the odd random humerous shout from a wag or 2 in the crowd and legendary fan Kenny Palin shouting, "Get yer subs on!"

What is it like for families?  - Excellent. The family stand is easy to get to, close to the entrance/exit and close to facilities. If you need to get round to the other end of the ground with pushchair (or wheelchair) the stewards are very accomodating.

Anything in particular you would recommend to football fans travelling to your ground for the first time? - Visit the club bar, have a mosey oin the shop and chat to the locals. The average Alty fan is very friendly and knowledgeable, loves a chat or a bit of banter.

Why would a Scandinavian Manchester United Supporter like a day out at your stadium? - Very very friendly and a decent ground and fans with what will be a good, large new bar and a decent town to have a drink and/or meal in with some excellent local ales and top quality food

What is the food like at the ground? What would you like to recommend? - Reasonable food, good value. Always enjoyed a puie before the game and a hot dog at half time!

A good advise on what NOT to do at your ground...? - Outside the illegal or indecent it is a great place to enjoy yourself.

Expectations for the new season: What is the best you can expect? And what do you fear? - Fear is relegation. Expect safety, hopeful of mid-table.

Any good pubs for a prematch drink or two? - Costellos is the one that springs to mind. there is also a good pub uin the old market place and the King George - a stones throw from the ground.

Anyone you would recoment to follow on twitter to get news on your club? - The club twitter site and work from there.

Any funny/quirky stories about your stadium that spring to your mind? - I used to take a wheelchair bound lass top games and we used to watch from a shelter very prominently at the side of the pitch. One particularl Saturday I had left work early to go to a match - 30 miles away from where I lived and worked. I got to work the next day only to discover that a friend of one of my bosses happened to see me that day...cue right old bollocking! Considering the chances of one of my bosses in Chester happening to know an Alty fan must be quite remote!

Any particular memories from when Manchester United visited your ground? - No.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 07:34:42 AM »

What is your stadium like (Why do you like/dislike it)? -  Old fashioned, quite ramshackle in a way, but compact, atmospheric, close to the pitch and very easy to get around.

What is the atmosphere like? - Tends to be very good. Always friendly and welcoming.

Favourite banter amongst the crowd is... - I like the odd random humerous shout from a wag or 2 in the crowd and legendary fan Kenny Palin shouting, "Get yer subs on!"

What is it like for families?  - Excellent. The family stand is easy to get to, close to the entrance/exit and close to facilities. If you need to get round to the other end of the ground with pushchair (or wheelchair) the stewards are very accomodating.

Anything in particular you would recommend to football fans travelling to your ground for the first time? - Visit the club bar, have a mosey oin the shop and chat to the locals. The average Alty fan is very friendly and knowledgeable, loves a chat or a bit of banter.

Why would a Scandinavian Manchester United Supporter like a day out at your stadium? - Very very friendly and a decent ground and fans with what will be a good, large new bar and a decent town to have a drink and/or meal in with some excellent local ales and top quality food

What is the food like at the ground? What would you like to recommend? - Reasonable food, good value. Always enjoyed a puie before the game and a hot dog at half time!

A good advise on what NOT to do at your ground...? - Outside the illegal or indecent it is a great place to enjoy yourself.

Expectations for the new season: What is the best you can expect? And what do you fear? - Fear is relegation. Expect safety, hopeful of mid-table.

Any good pubs for a prematch drink or two? - Costellos is the one that springs to mind. there is also a good pub uin the old market place and the King George - a stones throw from the ground.

Anyone you would recoment to follow on twitter to get news on your club? - The club twitter site and work from there.

Any funny/quirky stories about your stadium that spring to your mind? - I used to take a wheelchair bound lass top games and we used to watch from a shelter very prominently at the side of the pitch. One particularl Saturday I had left work early to go to a match - 30 miles away from where I lived and worked. I got to work the next day only to discover that a friend of one of my bosses happened to see me that day...cue right old bollocking! Considering the chances of one of my bosses in Chester happening to know an Alty fan must be quite remote!

Thanks very much Hamilton, I will submit this now for publication.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 10:58:22 AM »

Hamilton......Bjarte asked me to pass on his thanks to you for completing this.

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 01:34:08 PM »

Your/he's welcome.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "United-Supporteren"