PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Relegation without changes
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Relegation without changes  (Read 6111 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Relegation without changes
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 06:34:08 PM »

Wasn't there work in mornings , but once again loose bye narrow margin , think we miss Dens more than we thought , may be cav , should play in his position letting Scott back in centre , seems to be that Marshall is getting caught out .

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 07:23:43 PM »

Just got home from the game and that was as bad a game I've seen in years of watching Alty, even in Conf north. No need to panic after 6 games but the next two games are massive, if we're still on 3/4 points after those then I really will start worrying.

Bath Alty

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 07:28:25 PM »

agreed,  that was a terrible match.  Scott and Reeves tried hard but other than that nothing to be positive about at all.  Nuneaton were terrible and yet we still managed to lose without any fight at all apart from the last 10 minutes when it was far too late.  We should how bad they were in that last 10 minutes, if we can't take points of them we are in trouble.

Kyle did well when he came on.  Why the hell does Crowther play on the left - he is so right footed it's not true.  He got free moments after coming on and it was crying out for a first time cross but he had to come back inside to cross with his right by which time their defence was back in position and crossing it to Reeves, who was giving away at least 6 inches to both centre halves was a waste of time.

Two hours travel each way to watch that dross was a complete waste.

Very depressed this evening

brian1925

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 08:47:28 AM »

Yesterday was one of the most turgid 'games' of football I have ever witnessed. Speaking to some Nuneaton fans on the way back to my car, it seems they are already resigned to their fate. I got the impression they were actually embarrassed to have won! We were terrible. As Bath Alty mentioned, Scott and Reeves did try hard and Kyle did make a massive difference when he came on. Some of our players are simply not good enough at National level - not even against fellow poor sides. It's desperate now, and the only thing I can think of is going to Morecambe and Fleetwood with a begging bowl and taking some of their fringe players on loan - that's if we can.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 10:10:50 AM »

Yesterday was one of the most turgid 'games' of football I have ever witnessed. Speaking to some Nuneaton fans on the way back to my car, it seems they are already resigned to their fate. I got the impression they were actually embarrassed to have won! We were terrible. As Bath Alty mentioned, Scott and Reeves did try hard and Kyle did make a massive difference when he came on. Some of our players are simply not good enough at National level - not even against fellow poor sides. It's desperate now, and the only thing I can think of is going to Morecambe and Fleetwood with a begging bowl and taking some of their fringe players on loan - that's if we can.

Why just Morecambe & Fleetwood. There are lots of clubs around the N. West who I reckon we should be enquiring into getting players from on loan etc.

It is still early days still, but the signs are a bit worrying and we need to get some more points on the board.

Jimmy

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 10:53:41 AM »

When season started I was fairly confident of a fair season but after last 2 games I'm very worried

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 09:59:50 PM »

Been away on holiday and picked up the score late yesterday evening.......very disappointed of course but thought maybe something 'had gone wrong' teamwise e.g. a sending off, injury during the warm up etc..............just got back and seen the starting eleven and that has caused some worry I must say.

Hopefully things will improve, but maybe this season we will find out whether we are genuinely a Conference Premier club or Conference North club..........Need to avoid my Macc Town workmate once again this coming Monday.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 10:02:09 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

catherinestreet

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 08:53:38 AM »

I fear for you already, I really do. The results aren't coming and you are going to have to have a decent September or you will really be in the mire.

As a Macc fan, I hope you stay up - the derbies have been non-existent for too long.

Best of luck, until the 30th  ;)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 04:36:04 PM »

6 1/2 hours left to get someone in (if we are able to)

York Alty

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 07:14:13 PM »

6 1/2 hours left to get someone in (if we are able to)

don't hold your breath.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Relegation without changes