PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Happy Clappers
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Happy Clappers  (Read 4545 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Happy Clappers
« on: August 31, 2014, 12:20:21 AM »

After today, I am one. We're playing the right way but lack pace and physicality esp up front. Let's be clear, for us to "out Nuneaton Nuneaton"  Nicky Clee, Simon Richman, Ryan Crowther, Jake Moult and Adam Griffiths need to be shipped out. Personally, I think that would be daft, were playing decent stuff, my fear is we'll become everyone's fav team to play against. That said, I've more faith in LS at this standard than for the last 3 years. At this stage we've got to suck it up and see - no easy answers IMHO

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Clappers
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 07:48:17 AM »

The reality is that we need points on the board. We are already in a mini relegation fight having lost to 2 teams that we should expect to be below us come the end of the season (Nuneaton and Scouseport).
I dont think anything has changed. We needed 6 quality players to add to last seasons team - and we dont have a magic wand.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 09:36:59 AM »

Dont agree with clee being shipped out and crowther hasntbeen given time.would you keep wilkinson and lawrie ?

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 09:55:52 AM »

Crowther  has potential , lets get behind the new players and give them a chance , its going to be hard this season , surely people didn't expect us to come into this division and walk it , we will be lucky to avoid relegation , its frustrating but we all knew being part time in a mainly full time league would be a hell of a test for us , keep the faith  . 

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 10:01:10 AM »

Halifax and Woking are part time

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 10:24:46 AM »

Dont agree with clee being shipped out and crowther hasntbeen given time.would you keep wilkinson and lawrie ?

I think they all should stay! LS has a style of play diametrically different to the Nuneatons of this world, that was my point.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 11:35:12 AM »

I don't think anyone's going to be accusing Altrincham of parking the bus in this campaign.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 02:17:52 PM »

Perry will be our savour - I know i am banging his drum but I honestly believe it.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »

Perry will be our savour - I know i am banging his drum but I honestly believe it.

Hello there.....I have inherited £19.6 million from my great uncle, who was a high-ranking government minister in Nigeria. You may be asking yourself, "what does this have to do with me?" Well, my friend,  due to money-laundering regulations, the Nigerian high commission needs a payment of £20,000 from a UK bank before it will release the funds. If you do this for me I will GIVE you half of my inheritance money. Please transfer the money to my my Paypal account, marked as "gift". Thank you so much, I hope to hear from you soon.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 04:27:50 PM »

I was aware of him being in a band. Didn't know he was a drummer.   ;)

Hope your belief comes true but I doubt it.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 08:17:57 PM »

Hello there.....I have inherited £19.6 million from my great uncle, who was a high-ranking government minister in Nigeria. You may be asking yourself, "what does this have to do with me?" Well, my friend,  due to money-laundering regulations, the Nigerian high commission needs a payment of £20,000 from a UK bank before it will release the funds. If you do this for me I will GIVE you half of my inheritance money. Please transfer the money to my my Paypal account, marked as "gift". Thank you so much, I hope to hear from you soon.

You might find this amusing but this actually happens in reality and people not only get caught but get killed. When I left South Africa the SAP were investigating 6 murders relating to the 419 scam. I was getting these letters on Nigerian Government letterheads by Fax almost on a daily basis and just ignored them.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 08:21:27 PM »

I know, I was taking the piss. I was trying to illustrate how I felt Chris Senior's belief in KP to save us was sheer folly, rather like believing in the Nigerian 419 scam. Never mind.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:23:53 PM by eightiesrobin »

bumble

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 08:36:38 PM »

It was only a brief cameo..but he changed the game completely. Created 2 chances for Reeves in 2 minutes (one leading to the goal)

Probably should have come.on 10 minutes earlier.

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 10:06:23 PM »

It was only a brief cameo..but he changed the game completely. Created 2 chances for Reeves in 2 minutes (one leading to the goal)

Probably should have come.on 10 minutes earlier.

We've heard that from fans after every game this season. LS played Kule undeservedly last year, yet won't play him deservedly this year. That's how it seems anyway.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 11:04:59 PM »

Do you really believe that KP could last for 90 mins ?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Happy Clappers