PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer deadline day updates for Altrincham
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Transfer deadline day updates for Altrincham  (Read 7935 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer deadline day updates for Altrincham
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 11:38:51 PM »

Deadline now passed

HEADLINE . Man United sign Falcao.
                      Alty sign f**k Allo  :D

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 11:45:29 PM »

ATS, you're missing the point as always. The fact is they are clearly not up to the task after the first 6 games.

"as always" Another sweeping generalisation with very little factual evidence to support it.

So, if they now have seven consecutive absolute blinders does that absolve them?

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 11:56:03 PM »

Erm I think the first comment speaks for itself and secondly let's see about those 7 blinders shall we? In 7 games time lets see where we are?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 07:30:58 AM »

Futious !
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 08:32:34 AM »

In our last Conference spell, we improved steadily year-on-year through consolidation (a couple in, a couple out) - this largely worked until the minor exodus at the start of the relegation season.

Now you COULD say that we brought quite a few in when we got promoted, and some did a job (Joe O'Neill) but most didn't (Nehru McKenzie anyone?)

I stand by the fact that we've made some decent acquisitions this summer, ones that can keep us in this league. But momentum is a killer, and at the moment we need to stop the rot.

After half a dozen games, I don't think the post mortem starts just yet.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 09:14:56 AM »

In December last year some people on this forum were declaring our season to be over and demanding Sinnott's head. We know what then happened in May.

Clearly not good enough so far but there is a long long way to go.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 10:37:29 AM »

I can see both points of view to some extent. On the one hand, we're in a situation where we can ill afford to lose any ground in what was always going to be a tough return to this league. Therefore, any perceived selection and/or tactical errors are going to be extremely frustrating to us as fans. It is also apparent (and not entirely surprising) that we have players in our squad who, despite their best efforts, are probably not cut out for playing at this level, something which will need to be addressed somehow if we are to prosper in this league. The manager certainly needs to earn his corn there.

On the flip side of that, every defeat/mistake is not necessarily directly Lee Sinnott's fault and the players have to shoulder their share of the blame sometimes too. I think most fair-minded people can see that Lee does make errors sometimes, but the clamour amongst a few people for him to be shown the door every time we have a few bad results is unbalanced, in that a series of good results is not met with equal praise. Surely if the manager is culpable when we lose, then equally he should receive fair praise when we win? It has been proven on this forum numerous times that this does not always happen.

I don't think the guy is perfect by any means and he has his work cut out for him over the coming months. In my opinion, he deserves the chance to turn things around and he should rightly be judged on the merits of that come the end of the season. I do feel, though, that some people have had the knives out for LS since day one, and if him getting us promoted didn't win them over, then nothing probably will. 

Let's hope we get things back on track, starting on Saturday!
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 11:11:40 AM »

On Saturday we put out a side that on paper at least should have beaten Nuneaton, they were nervous to start and overall a poor side. We've been in most games so far and are getting punished by mistakes. What we are definitely missing is walshaws mean streak. We are too nice, and you cannot be in this league. We saw the antics of the laughing Nuneaton goalkeeper on Saturday and we've got to wise up and pretty damn quick. Its not nice but its what happens in this league. Secondly at 0-2 down on Saturday we  should have employed two wingers against a still nervy Nuneaton outfit. We should have just gone at the from both flanks for 20 minutes, the game was up anyway.

We sulked after that first goal went in and the players have to take some responsibility for that. We do need a couple of seasoned conference regulars in on loan, if for nothing else but to teach our lads to be more ruthless in all areas of the park, of someone hits you on the edge of the box then hit the deck. If we are winding the clock down, the hit the deck and get alan on the pitch. Its not cricket, but its how the game operates at this level, we saw this last time. Winners aren't nice.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 12:40:31 PM »

.....We do need a couple of seasoned conference regulars in on loan, if for nothing else but to teach our lads to be more ruthless in all areas of the park, of someone hits you on the edge of the box then hit the deck. If we are winding the clock down, the hit the deck and get alan on the pitch.........

Point taken, but shouldn't seasoned football league players such as Gillespie and Cavanagh have that potential? Additionally how much more seasoned do you want to get after Coburn, Reeves, Densmore, Perry, Marshall, Havern et al?

GB Alty

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 08:45:20 PM »

I can see both points of view to some extent. On the one hand, we're in a situation where we can ill afford to lose any ground in what was always going to be a tough return to this league. Therefore, any perceived selection and/or tactical errors are going to be extremely frustrating to us as fans. It is also apparent (and not entirely surprising) that we have players in our squad who, despite their best efforts, are probably not cut out for playing at this level, something which will need to be addressed somehow if we are to prosper in this league. The manager certainly needs to earn his corn there.

On the flip side of that, every defeat/mistake is not necessarily directly Lee Sinnott's fault and the players have to shoulder their share of the blame sometimes too. I think most fair-minded people can see that Lee does make errors sometimes, but the clamour amongst a few people for him to be shown the door every time we have a few bad results is unbalanced, in that a series of good results is not met with equal praise. Surely if the manager is culpable when we lose, then equally he should receive fair praise when we win? It has been proven on this forum numerous times that this does not always happen.

I don't think the guy is perfect by any means and he has his work cut out for him over the coming months. In my opinion, he deserves the chance to turn things around and he should rightly be judged on the merits of that come the end of the season. I do feel, though, that some people have had the knives out for LS since day one, and if him getting us promoted didn't win them over, then nothing probably will. 

Let's hope we get things back on track, starting on Saturday!
It's a poor manager that hides behind his players

The key fact is last season we got promoted despite LS not because of him

It is now showing that he is well out of his depth - we need to make the change before it's to late

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 09:06:52 PM »

As Pete said, everyone who saw that starting 11 on Saturday thought that was pretty much our strongest 11. On one hand it's worrying our strongest lost. But on the other, how many of them could say they have so far played as well or better than last season?? About 3 or 4 I'd say. And can say the buck stops with the manager, but players at most football clubs get away IMO. Particularly here, where in 20 years of supporting this club I could probably count on 1 hand the number of times fans have turned on the players.

It's upto everyone; Sinnott, Tolson, players, staff and fans, to do everything possible to do as well as we can in this league, starting with a win on Saturday.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 10:04:43 PM »

I have to disagree with the sentiment that we got promoted despite Lee Sinnott.

We are following the same pattern as previous seasons here where we start behind the pace but improve markedly as the season progresses.  Lee seems to be a thoughtful manager, and one who does make mistakes but does learn from them.  His additions to the squad over time have strengthened it since the team he inherited and he has not been scared to take tough decisions (Danylyk and Lawton, and now Stu too).  He also managed to  build on the loss of both Watmore and Boshell last season, learning the playoff lessons from th year before.  And the team showed it had a strong spine towards the end of last season - late equaliser with Ferriby, coming from behind against Hednesford in the playoffs and of course the Guiseley game.

This will be a long tough season for sure, and one that has been disrupted early on with the loss of Dens.  But we have had none of the 0-4 and 0-5 capitulations that have categorised our time in the Conference this century, and we continue to play attractive football.

All of us would prefer results and performances to be better than we have seen but the level of vitriol I am seeing towards the manager and many of the players is not the Alty way.

Can we please get behind the team and the manager and at least try to be supportive of what we, as a club are hoping to achieve?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 10:07:48 PM »

The key fact is last season we got promoted despite LS not because of him

That's not a "fact" at all, it's your opinion. How can you possibly attribute everything bad about a season to the manager and yet at the same time say that everything good happened in spite of him? That is totally ridiculous by anybody's standards. Nobody is saying he didn't make mistakes and some people put forward very credible arguments that our season might have been even more successful last year had he not made certain errors of judgement, but to say we got promoted in spite of him is grossly unfair and I think in your heart of hearts you must realise this. You're not a stupid man and, even if you don't like LS, which is your right as an individual, you must at least acknowledge that he had a big influence on our eventual success last season.

Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 10:23:23 PM »

As one window closes, another trapdoor opens......

ripleym

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 06:40:15 AM »

Lee seems to be a thoughtful manager, and one who does make mistakes but does learn from them. 

Fail often and fail early is the message I try to drum into my application development team.  I accept that mistakes will be made, and no project ever runs according to plan, however mistakes are much easier to correct and learn from if they happen sooner, that way minimising the risk to overall project delivery.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer deadline day updates for Altrincham