• View Profile
Re: team
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 04:34:41 PM »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »

Its not fact we've lost to a good Barnet team, its the fact he set the team up in scuch a fashion the result was inevitable
Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »

Here we go again. Losing away to a team expected to be promoted and armchair fans looking for a scapegoat. We're clearly not as good as Barnet, our situation means we cannot compensate for missing players and to top it all it appears we have yet another toss ref. I'm not saying that things can't improve. One or two of our lads are not Conference National standard, but I don't think bleeting over a keyboard when we lose at Barnet is helpful. I'd say, Lee needs to bring one or two loan defenders in to the club and set up a bit more conservatively away from home, or bigger and better professional clubs are going to pick us off at will.

It's not matches at Barnet that will dictate our fate, it's the Wellings at home that will do that.

Or the away games at Southport and Nuneaton.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

brian1925

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 05:32:40 PM »

Putting things into context a bit. A win at home to Welling would mean two wins at home to the bottom teams and two losses and a draw away. Whether we like it or not, we are in a little mini league of about 8 teams. Only Alfreton won today and that was at home to Nuneaton! It's not quite time to throw ourselves in the canal yet, but as someone mentioned who actually went to the match today, we do need a few loanees, preferably defenders to freshen things up a bit. It was only last Saturday we were saying how unlucky we were to drop points against Eastleigh.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 05:36:55 PM »

Here we go again. Losing away to a team expected to be promoted and armchair fans looking for a scapegoat. We're clearly not as good as Barnet, our situation means we cannot compensate for missing players and to top it all it appears we have yet another toss ref. I'm not saying that things can't improve. One or two of our lads are not Conference National standard, but I don't think bleeting over a keyboard when we lose at Barnet is helpful. I'd say, Lee needs to bring one or two loan defenders in to the club and set up a bit more conservatively away from home, or bigger and better professional clubs are going to pick us off at will.

It's not matches at Barnet that will dictate our fate, it's the Wellings at home that will do that.

Or the away games at Southport and Nuneaton.

the wind cost us at Southport
ParkINson's red and white army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 06:28:16 PM »

Putting things into context a bit. A win at home to Welling would mean two wins at home to the bottom teams and two losses and a draw away. Whether we like it or not, we are in a little mini league of about 8 teams. Only Alfreton won today and that was at home to Nuneaton! It's not quite time to throw ourselves in the canal yet, but as someone mentioned who actually went to the match today, we do need a few loanees, preferably defenders to freshen things up a bit. It was only last Saturday we were saying how unlucky we were to drop points against Eastleigh.

We said that last Saturday because we actually were unfortunate not to get a win.

Sadly Kiddy and Barnet gave us a wakeup call.

I still say until Leathers back in the centre of our defence we will keep shipping goals at an alarming rate.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 team