PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The most unwelcoming place I've ever been
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: The most unwelcoming place I've ever been  (Read 20008 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The most unwelcoming place I've ever been
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 10:58:42 PM »

I was warned about this by a mate who follows Dartford, apparently they were treated so badly the first season they went hardly anyone went back this season. They are utter utter c*nts who should be ashamed and I think if everyone sends letters to both the club and the Conference it is the least we can do.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 11:08:08 PM »

I was going to post a reply on their forum but as you would expect it is a hide behind your arse registration only one. They are commenting on here, utter wankers, no class, we will treat their fans decently when they come to us. What a bunch of utter Tuesdays. F off Barnet, really F off. I don't spend my money and weekend to be treated like that.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

BeesKnees

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 12:04:01 AM »

Sorry you didnt have a pleasant visit.  
The police are very hot about illegally bringing alcohol on supporters coaches.  Not sure what else went on as I didn't see anything from the home end.

I didn't see any poor refereeing decisions that gifted goals but all the best for the rest of the season and hopefully you will get some results against our rivals on the way.

No one bought any alcohol illegally, the bar was "raided" by the met at half time and people who had no idea what was happening were accused of taking drugs in the toilets,until it turned out the white marks or whatever on the hand dryers were paint speckles that had been there since that mobile stadium was hastily assembled , a complete embarrassment and shambles to both barnet fc and the police. I won't mention those refused entry for no apparent reason.No wonder no one goes.

I wasnt claiming anyone brought alcohol illegally,  only that the police search supporters coaches because they are hot on it.  As a Barnet fan I find it sad that you felt poorly treated. 

BeesKnees

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 12:07:17 AM »

I was going to post a reply on their forum but as you would expect it is a hide behind your arse registration only one. They are commenting on here, utter wankers, no class, we will treat their fans decently when they come to us. What a bunch of utter Tuesdays. F off Barnet, really F off. I don't spend my money and weekend to be treated like that.

Tell me what you want to say and I will quote it directly for you.  There is nothing stopping you registering on our forum if you want to make the statement yourself, no different to what I had to do to post here. 

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 09:17:38 AM »

All a bit heavy handed from what I saw.

No excuses on the pitch, absolutely outplayed by a stronger, more competitive side. Cavanagh continues to impress but I can't say that about other players today. To go in at half time already well beaten was the most dissapointing thing for me. Need to see improvement quicky especially away from home....

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 09:51:20 AM »

One of my nearest grounds so it is a shame but I'm not going back there again.

My worst experience at ALL levels of football in over 30 years of attending.

I've been in a riot at Millwall and was treated better.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

brian1925

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2014, 10:17:24 AM »

I didn't like to say before the game, but a mate of mine warned me about Barnet. Probably best just not to go to the place again and warn others.

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2014, 10:31:37 AM »

All a bit odd it's not good form to check innocent people for cocain because the was dust on a hand dryer

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 11:52:09 AM »

It,s the Met.........we had them round our way in '84 dressed as local policemen......their commanders let them behave how they like, which from my experience was like what i expected of some east european police statel.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 12:01:19 PM »

It's a shame for London Alty as we were all looking forward to one of our closest games but as John says I doubt (if were both still in the same league) we'll go next year.

Two of our number declared  openly to the stewards outside the turnstiles that they had some unopened cans of lager which we hadn't had time to drink on the way to the ground. Stewards confiscated them (fine, obviously) and were going to let the two lads in with a ticking off but then the Police got involved, took their details, radioed back to check if they had a record (neither of them did) but then decided that they were not going to be let in and in the words of the officer in charge 'were lucky not to be arrested'. So the two of them had to walk back to Edgware then went back into town for the afternoon.

At HT, three Alty fans were accused by the Police (on the say so of a member of the bar staff) of doing cocaine in the toilets, this was without a shred of proof. Subsequently it was found, unsurprisingly, to be total BS.

After the game when the remainder of London Alty went in the main bar for a pint and had just ordered our drinks we were informed by security that they shouldn't have served us as it's home fans only and we should finish our drinks and leave immediately after that.

Barnet also seemed to have one steward for about every five Alty fans and their security operation was oppressive and way OTT more generally. On the pitch tbf we were totally outclassed and they will be right up there at the end. A very good team.

Will be interested to see what the Barnet fan who has been posting on here makes of it but the 'welcome' afforded to away fans at your club is an utter disgrace and I will not give your club a penny in subsequent matches.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 12:56:13 PM »

Good summary Russ. There were 96 alty fans there and probably 10 stewards plus police just for us. Bearing in mind it was obviously an external security firm, how can they afford the expense on total crowds of 1500. If non league supporters can't be treated as valued customers rather than universally mistrusted then why bother. Wonder how they'll get on with say Bristol Rovers? anyway, f**k em and let's move on.

BeesKnees

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 01:31:26 PM »

Actually Bristol Rovers and Wrexham enjoyed their visits and I heard no complaints.  I guess they are more used to coming to a club whose safety licence was obtained while in League 2 and therefore forces segregation for all games. 

As to the East bar, I can only say I warned you

No problem,  all the Pubs are 15-20min walk to the ground.  There is also a bar for away fans in the West stand that you can get to after going through the turnstyles.

Sadly The Hive tend to prevent away fans using the Bar in the East stand.  Have a safe journey and lets hope for a decent game.

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 01:40:07 PM »

Are you justifying people being accused of taking cocain with no evidence

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »

I think what annoyed me the most was that, while you could understand the set-up if it was a club like Torquay or Grimsby, this was Barnet - a non-league club for the vast majority of its existence but who now behave as if they're slumming it in the Conference. I'm sometimes a little cynical about the whole 'we're all friends together' idea of non-league football supporting but the hostility and rudeness with which we were treated was as far away from that ideal as could be, and from a club that should know better.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 03:37:35 PM by Leon »

BeesKnees

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2014, 02:10:50 PM »

Are you justifying people being accused of taking cocain with no evidence

Do you think I am? 
I've already apologised on behalf of Barnet fans that you didn't enjoy your visit.  The Hive isn't Barnet fans and it saddens us all when away fans feel they haven't been treated fairly. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The most unwelcoming place I've ever been