PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Changes needed
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Changes needed  (Read 4983 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Changes needed
« on: September 20, 2014, 07:01:00 PM »

Get Havern and leather back as the centre backs
Offer Walshaw/Harrogate the world to get him back on loan
Get a pacey winger on loan

Alfreton in the midlands (top of the form table) getting a decent striker on loan from oldham (15 miles from here) whilst we are carrying on like this doesn't make sense

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Changes needed
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 07:51:29 PM »

Always puzzled me why we don't get a fair few more players on loan from league clubs within the northwest.

The problem is we may have a squad of twenty or so players but in reality there are a few of them who wont get anywhere  near playing for the first team unless we have an outbreak of Ebola

eightiesrobin

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 08:06:22 PM »

Greg Wilkinson is a case in point. Since his last league start on 4th Feb, we have played 24 games. He has been on the bench 18 times. 9 of those games, he hasn't got on, with another 6 games where he didn't even make the bench. He couldn't get near today, even with Richman, Williams and Crowther MIA, and Clee apparently having a stinker.

From those stats, it's safe to assume Lee doesn't trust him, so why give him another contract? Surely, it's no good for him, and it's money wasted for the club.

Mike Williams is another. Out for 12 months now.  Assuming he's contracted so therefore getting paid, then that's more money down the drain.

I agree with distancetraveller, why no loan action? Stockport County seem to be able to drum up loan players for the division below. I'm not even going there with Kyle.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 08:34:22 PM »

Alfreton in the midlands (top of the form table) getting a decent striker on loan from oldham (15 miles from here) whilst we are carrying on like this doesn't make sense

If you mean Joe Ironside, he's actually on loan from Sheffield United, which is practically on their doorstep.......but I take your points (as usual).

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 10:31:23 PM »

Always puzzled me why we don't get a fair few more players on loan from league clubs within the northwest.

The problem is we may have a squad of twenty or so players but in reality there are a few of them who wont get anywhere  near playing for the first team unless we have an outbreak of Ebola

or food poisoning!

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 12:16:24 AM »

If you mean Joe Ironside, he's actually on loan from Sheffield United, which is practically on their doorstep.......but I take your points (as usual).
No phil I think he means Mellor who scored today and is from Oldham

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 08:53:36 AM »

No phil I think he means Mellor who scored today and is from Oldham

Thanks Jim.....didn't know about Mellor.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 09:40:48 AM »

We need a freshen up and quick after two hidings. Welling Macc and Halifax next up, if we go into our first derby match in 17 years in this vein of form it will be very disappointing, we've waited a long time and taken near on two decades of flack waiting for this

Any players that need fitness need to be playing in the reserves, Cheshire league or not get them some match time. We are desperate for an injection of pace and need our centre back pairing back together sharpish 

Strongest 11 at present as I see it

Coburn
Densmore
Havern
Leather
Griffin
Crowther
Williams
Cavannagh
Clee
Reeves
Gillespie

If we aren't going to add anyone on loan we need to strive to have the above 11 fit and raring to go

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 10:35:37 AM »

We cannot afford any passengers in this league....even less so than the last time we were in the conference......

so if a quality player is injured we need a loan in rather than a square inferior peg in the round hole....

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 10:37:50 AM »

Id agree with that team. That's comfortably our strongest 11. What's the story with Gillespie? He must have been really poor at Nuneaton for Kyle to be keeping him out.
Scott Leather needs to be put back in at centre half. Marshall has done ok, but leather is better. Simple.
A couple on loan would be nice, if we need to free up funds then I'd allow wilkinson and moult to leave. Neither are up to the required standard.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 10:50:16 AM »

spot on

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »

I thought Gillespie played quite well behind the two strikers yesterday, a point that Lawrence alluded to on Radio Robins. If LS is thinking of playing somebody there (as he has done with James Lawrie) then that could fit Gillespie nicely.

As an aside, I agree with moving Leather to CB. I do think that Sinnott has had his hands tied with that though.

Tom Marshall is a better CB than Simon Richman/Jake Moult is a RB. So whilst it isn't ideal to play Scott at RB it is more or less the only option I think.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 10:51:17 AM »

We need a freshen up and quick after two hidings. Welling Macc and Halifax next up, if we go into our first derby match in 17 years in this vein of form it will be very disappointing, we've waited a long time and taken near on two decades of flack waiting for this

Any players that need fitness need to be playing in the reserves, Cheshire league or not get them some match time. We are desperate for an injection of pace and need our centre back pairing back together sharpish 

Strongest 11 at present as I see it

Coburn
Densmore
Havern
Leather
Griffin
Crowther
Williams
Cavannagh
Clee
Reeves
Gillespie

If we aren't going to add anyone on loan we need to strive to have the above 11 fit and raring to go
Spot on again

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 10:51:42 AM »

You could be right about wilkinson but he hasn't been given the chance and what I would say is when saw Wilkinson against us for staylebridge he looked more impressive than moult lawrie and richman

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »

Scott Leather needs to be put back in at centre half. Marshall has done ok, but leather is better. Simple.

And what about Luca? It would be unpopular on here, but for me I'd play Marshall and Leather, dropping Havern. He hasn't yet stepped up to the level we know he can play, while Marshall has and looks like what he is,a Conference National experienced centre half.

After getting 45 minutes yesterday, I would think Densmore would start next week. Reason Leather has been playing right back is our other natural right back is far too important to move out of central midfield, Cavannagh.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Changes needed