PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield match thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Macclesfield match thread  (Read 32351 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 29, 2014, 10:33:10 AM »

............................Parton
Densmore....Havern.....Leather.....Griffin
Crowther.....Williams....Wilkinson...Clee
....................Reeves.....Gillespie

This on the previso we haven't managed to get some in on loan by tomorrow and
Richman in for williams if he's not fit

Altrincham 2-2 Macclesfield

Att 1,827

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Macclesfield match thread
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 10:47:07 AM »

Alty 0-3 Sheepshaggers

Att: 1635

I expect us to improve from Saturday at least in terms of overall effort. However, Turnbull will boss the midfield for them against our makeshift lineup and they will be too strong.

Sorry to be so negative, but that's just how I see it happening. Please prove me wrong lads, because I so badly want to win this!!
Come on Alty!

catherinestreet

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 11:05:47 AM »

Agree with the 3-0 Macc prediction. Not because we are that good, but because your home form is very poor. Plus we have been pretty tight defensively so far. Sorry!

Having said that, it's a derby and anything could happen.

Like the sheepshaggers nickname, very inventive! I can see your away support now at the Moss Rose - "ooooh, look, some hills"  ;D

Beaver

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 11:09:47 AM »

I dare to dream (otherwise i'm doing a 350 mile round trip for little more than sheepbotherer baiting)

Altrincham 3-2 Sheep Mithering Rural Interbreeders

Don't care who scores as long as we score last.

Don't care how many go as long as its over 1800 and no blood is spilt off the pitch.

Cant wait

roytonmike

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 11:30:39 AM »

Have to agree with the realists/pessimists; I can't see anything but an away win, tho' I would be over the moon to be proved wrong. Team-wise, assuming no loan signings, Parton still out, S. Williams unfit & both Cavanagh & Marshall suspended I foresee Coburn; Densmore, Havern, Leather, Griffin; Lawrie or Crowther, Richman, Moult or Wilkinson, Clee; Gillespie, Reeves. Bench - two of Crowther, Lawrie, Moult & Wilkinson plus Perry, M. Williams & Samberg. If the gate is less than 1500 both clubs have problems!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 12:45:17 PM »

I think we'll get soundly beaten. I can't imagine Parton will have recovered, so we are stuck with Coburn. Nor can I see Crowther managing 90 minutes after all that time off. I'm glad Marshall is unavailable, but I have a horrible feeling Perry will start.

I won't be going. It's not because I think we'll be beaten, but because I don't really want to take my son to a game where I fear there is a risk of violence, if not in the ground, then outside afterwards. Radio Robins for me.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »

Risk of violence? Not from the Alty fans anyway.

Beaver

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 01:24:53 PM »

I think we'll get soundly beaten. I can't imagine Parton will have recovered, so we are stuck with Coburn. Nor can I see Crowther managing 90 minutes after all that time off. I'm glad Marshall is unavailable, but I have a horrible feeling Perry will start.

I won't be going. It's not because I think we'll be beaten, but because I don't really want to take my son to a game where I fear there is a risk of violence, if not in the ground, then outside afterwards. Radio Robins for me.

Why on earth is there a risk of violence over many other games we'll play? We want a bit of banter and no doubt we will give each other loads and the players alike but I am not sure any of us and any of them want it to be violent.

This is a massive local derby game which the younger ones won't have seen the like of. When you grow up as a football fan who actually goes the match these are the occasions that you remember all your life, and not because you've seen any violence.

You can't avoid a game like this because there might be a few idiots in the crowd.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 01:25:21 PM »

Risk of violence? Not from the Alty fans anyway.

Not the Alty fans I'm worried about, obviously.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 01:31:12 PM »

Why on earth is there a risk of violence over many other games we'll play? We want a bit of banter and no doubt we will give each other loads and the players alike but I am not sure any of us and any of them want it to be violent.

This is a massive local derby game which the younger ones won't have seen the like of. When you grow up as a football fan who actually goes the match these are the occasions that you remember all your life, and not because you've seen any violence.

You can't avoid a game like this because there might be a few idiots in the crowd.

I think you're being a little naive to think there is as much likelihood of trouble tomorrow, as against Bristol Rovers or Barnet for example.
I don't fancy walking my son back to the car past the chequers end, through what may well be an ugly crowd of Macc fans.

catherinestreet

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 01:36:07 PM »

I think I'm correct in thinking that the last competitive fixture between us was the Cheshire senior cup final at Witton in 2000?

Plenty of idiots fighting that night.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 01:39:49 PM »

I think I'm correct in thinking that the last competitive fixture between us was the Cheshire senior cup final at Witton in 2000?

Exactly, these things have a habit of getting out of hand. If I was going alone, I'd take my chances, but not with a 10-year old in tow.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 01:49:59 PM »

The police are all over it, both in town and at the game, there will be no chance of any trouble, don't deny yourself for something that's not going to happen. Even any 'early arrivals' will be being monitored. It isn't the first time the town/club has hosted a football match...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 02:03:31 PM »

There was a bit of argy-bargy at half time, because the idiots didn't segregate the game. It was hardly Green Street!

There won't be any aggro tomorrow night and people should not be afraid to go along. Just don't stand near the segregation if you're that worried.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:16:32 PM by Paul Cain's Chip Pan »
Come on Alty!

catherinestreet

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 02:31:02 PM »

There was a bit of argy-bargy at half time, because the idiots didn't segregate the game. It was hardly Green Street!

There won't be any aggro tomorrow night and people should not be afraid to go along. Just don't stand near the segregation if you're that worried.

Saying it was "hardly Green St" is missing the point totally. Had I been a parent at the time I wouldn't have wanted my kids near any violence however serious or not.

Two things aside from half time I remember from that match were fans (on both sides)coming into the bar and being extremely aggressive towards their opposite numbers before the game, totally unprovoked. And then fans - both sides - afterwards outside the ground punching and kicking their opposite numbers unprovoked as well.

It was disgraceful to see, and lots of people on the receiving end were totally innocent and had just gone for the game with their families.

I don't know if you saw any of that, but if you had maybe you wouldn't be so confident of a quiet night tomorrow. You certainly can never say that you know there'll definitely not be trouble, that is stunningly touchingly naive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team