PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Macclesfield match thread  (Read 32384 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Macclesfield match thread
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 02:36:09 PM »

I'm not naive at all, I've been going to these derbies since the early 90's and cannot remember much violence at any of the games I've been to. A lot of needle, yes, but not actual violence. That match you referred to at Witton was very poorly organised from a safety point of view and I know for a fact that Moss Lane tomorrow will be a much safer place to be than Wincham Park was that night. I also don't recall any violence outside the ground that night, but I'm not denying it took place.
Come on Alty!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 02:37:08 PM »

Our goalkeeper from that night has now been promoted to kit man.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 02:52:48 PM »

Most macc fans are ok but if they do have a small "firm " nowdays lets hope the police will be there and not just onstandby.Would hate to see another Chester game scenario.

Beaver

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 03:39:47 PM »

I think we'll get soundly beaten. I can't imagine Parton will have recovered, so we are stuck with Coburn. Nor can I see Crowther managing 90 minutes after all that time off. I'm glad Marshall is unavailable, but I have a horrible feeling Perry will start.

I won't be going. It's not because I think we'll be beaten, but because I don't really want to take my son to a game where I fear there is a risk of violence, if not in the ground, then outside afterwards. Radio Robins for me.

Why on earth is there a risk of violence over many other games we'll play? We want a bit of banter and no doubt we will give each other loads and the players alike but I am not sure any of us and any of them want it to be violent.

This is a massive local derby game which the younger ones won't have seen the like of. When you grow up as a football fan who actually goes the match these are the occasions that you remember all your life, and not because you've seen any violence.

You can't avoid a game like this because there might be a few idiots in the crowd.

I think you're being a little naive to think there is as much likelihood of trouble tomorrow, as against Bristol Rovers or Barnet for example.
I don't fancy walking my son back to the car past the chequers end, through what may well be an ugly crowd of Macc fans.

Sorry, my point is more along the line of Hughesy. The increased risk is met with increased measures, there's not the same atmosphere surrounding this game either. I havent seen any threads for example treating this as a massive day out with pub crawls, all day drinking, flares (not the trouser type) and confetti being mentioned. Most of us are cringing already.

I've got kids, i'm not taking them because one of them is too young to be awake at that time and the other is more interested in making bracelets out of loom bands. I wouldn't worry about taking them though, I meant just take my own precautions like where i stand in the ground and not parking so i walk past away fans.

Its a bit extreme to avoid a game because of a risk of violence when Alty is involved and I hope others don't read the thread and suddenly think there might be trouble.

Now on the other hand if you dont like colourful language then stay in and watch 'Im strictly a celebrity on ice' or whatever family friendly tripe theyre rolling out these days.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 03:52:57 PM »

............................Parton
Densmore....Havern.....Leather.....Griffin
Crowther.....Williams....Wilkinson...Clee
....................Reeves.....Gillespie

This on the previso we haven't managed to get some in on loan by tomorrow and
Richman in for williams if he's not fit

Altrincham 2-2 Macclesfield

Att 1,827

Judging by Sean Williams' disgruntled gestures towards the Alty bench when he was substituted against Welling United last Saturday, I don't think that he thought that there was any problem with his fitness.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 03:59:04 PM »

There was no trouble outside witton it was teeming with police and police dogs after the can throwing incident at halftime, so i wouldn't whip things up catherine street if I were you, its a bit naughty. If anyone wants to come with the intention of causing trouble then they need to be aware this is an a graded football stadium, not some field somewhere, and they'll get nicked and a banning order, simple.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 04:00:51 PM »

I don't fancy walking my son back to the car past the chequers end, through what may well be an ugly crowd of Macc fans.

Genetics dictates that all Macc fans are ugly.

Only setting up a cut-price cosmetic surgery practice on Chestergate in the town centre can address that long-standing issue.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 04:45:21 PM »

Is the match definately on?  The posters outside the J Davidson haven't been updated from the Welling match yet  ???

catherinestreet

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 04:59:17 PM »

There was no trouble outside witton it was teeming with police and police dogs after the can throwing incident at halftime, so i wouldn't whip things up catherine street if I were you, its a bit naughty. If anyone wants to come with the intention of causing trouble then they need to be aware this is an a graded football stadium, not some field somewhere, and they'll get nicked and a banning order, simple.

You must be related to God if you have the ability to see outside all four sides of a football ground at the same time  ::)

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 06:02:37 PM »

............................Parton

This on the previso we haven't managed to get some in on loan by tomorrow and
Richman in for williams if he's not fit

Altrincham 2-2 Macclesfield

Att 1,827
If they are all fit I'd go for that and just swap richman for Gillespie just to try 4 3 3 with crowther if fit and clee up with reeves and wilko infront of richman and Williams but an attacking 4 3 3 like Chelsea at home rather than Chelsea away to a decent side just swap cav for richman and I'd try that side if the whole squad were fit
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 06:20:01 PM by Jimmy »

Jimmy

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 06:07:05 PM »

You must be related to God if you have the ability to see outside all four sides of a football ground at the same time  ::)
I think you know you will win this game that's why your on here a lot there will be to many police for trouble the club learnt the lesson after Chester I hope as for the Cheshire cup I saw no fighting but if you did fair enough

Silkyman23

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 06:20:45 PM »

I think the only violence at the game will be the stuff that is made up on the messageboards after. We're not a bunch of knuckledragging neanderthals FFS.

I remember the CSC game and I think I was about 20 yards from where it 'kicked off' and bar a bit of shouting, didn't know anything had happened until the war stories of something like Millwall v Chelsea from 1975 from the keyboard warriors emerged later.

We sound like we're still going to be missing a couple at the back. I always worry about playing sides in as bad a run as your last three. We've got a track record of giving clubs a kickstart.

Alty_22

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 06:35:16 PM »

............................Coburn

CountyFan

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 06:47:28 PM »

Genetics dictates that all Macc fans are ugly.

Only setting up a cut-price cosmetic surgery practice on Chestergate in the town centre can address that long-standing issue.

Macc fans are quite an ugly bunch but they only have a very small gene pool, seriously though they're not a bad bunch their firm consists of a couple of old blokes, 7 or 8 daft kids and a scary girl with glasses, the vast majority are sound.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 07:50:45 PM »

The nasty incident at the CSC final occurred when fans were trying to change ends at half time through a narrow gate. I recall someone throwing a Pepsi can that hit someone on the head. It was all very something and nothing and wouldn't have happened if the match had been segregated, or the gate wasn't so narrow. The Northwich plod arrived looking for something that wasn't actually happening anymore and got a bit overexcited.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield match thread