PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Macclesfield match thread  (Read 32124 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Macclesfield match thread
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2014, 12:48:47 AM »

1 to 11 were outstanding tonight. Scott Leather, Jake Moult and Damian Reeves were amazing. Just shows what a strong core playing well can do. Williams ran himself into the ground and was possibly subbed 5/10 minutes too late but it doesn't matter in the end. Clee provided an outlet but his final ball was awful. Correct decision to sub him, and definitely at the right time too. James Lawrie proved what a lot of people hae said on here. His best position is behind the striker. He played well, was direct, and what a pearler for the goal!

So proud of all the boys tonight. Well done to Lee and co for setting them up the right way, and well done the lads for executing it perfectly.

Macc were poor upfront but very organised and very well drilled in defence. You can tell why they don't leak goals. We didn't give them an inch. Fabulous scenes!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2014, 01:09:12 AM »

Shame none came into the bar  ??? James Lawrie would've been carried shoulder high down Moss Lane!

Luca was in the bar talking to his Dad and I also saw Nicky Clee briefly........Damian's Mum was in the bar as well so maybe he came in at some time during the evening.........although I fully take your point when it comes to players coming in the bar and chatting to supporters, especially those who regularly follow the team both home and away
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:11:22 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2014, 01:22:11 AM »

Shame none came into the bar  ??? James Lawrie would've been carried shoulder high down Moss Lane!

Luca was in the bar talking to his Dad and I also saw Nicky Clee briefly........Damian's Mum was in the bar as well so maybe he came in at some time during the evening.........although I fully take your point when it comes to players coming in the bar and chatting to supporters, especially those who regularly follow the team both home and away

Sorry, I say none, I meant none 'really'.I congratulated Luca, I know Nicky and Damian always come in and I understand if none of them can show their face after losing 0-4 at home to Welling but Jesus, tonight was your floor lads... don't be afraid of your chanting being heard thru the wall of the away dressing room...

arnald

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2014, 07:07:47 AM »

Good morning altrincham oh also good morning to Cathy street
And silly man life is good the robins are singing

Mr Woolf

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2014, 09:00:41 AM »

What a thoroughly enjoyable evening all round! My highlights were the result, the goal, the resolute defence, Coburn, them being very bothered, the smoke bomb and last of all me celebrating like a man possessed with four Macc fans around me below the gantry

M17

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2014, 09:26:59 AM »

Get in great result now let's do it again on Saturday  ;D

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »

Like a different team. Defended far better.

Biggest improvement was the pressing and harrieing in midfield. much as I like Cavanagh we need the energy of Richman, Williams and Moult in there.

Might go Halifax now
Full time and proud of it

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2014, 10:18:12 AM »

Macc's forum funny now. Reduced to saying we fiddled the gate and willy waving about their support and stating we weren't in the pubs before kick off. Sadly for them this does not disguise the fact that on and off the pitch, our grant fiddling inbred wool neighbours were second best.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2014, 10:25:55 AM »

Just because farmers, milkmen and the unemployed can get in the pub for 3pm on a tuesday, the rest of the country has to go to work. For a club "aren't our rivals anymore" they've made some hype out of this game for the last month

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2014, 12:26:54 PM »

Regarding the website match report, Wilkinson was booked for an earlier foul where the ref had let Macclesfield play advantage, and the free-kick for the backpass had to be taken short as it was indirect. Any reason why Gillespie was dropped altogether?

Beaver

« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2014, 12:29:17 PM »

Just because farmers, milkmen and the unemployed can get in the pub for 3pm on a tuesday, the rest of the country has to go to work. For a club "aren't our rivals anymore" they've made some hype out of this game for the last month

Judging by the state our very own Rimmer was in last night he made it to the pub at 3pm last Tuesday

catherinestreet

« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2014, 12:36:02 PM »

Good morning altrincham oh also good morning to Cathy street
And silly man life is good the robins are singing

Hiya. Hope you're enjoying the warm glow of victory. I know I would be if situations were reversed.

All the best 😊

arnald

« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2014, 03:18:10 PM »

17 years far to long to wait and the manner in which we celebrated probably
Shows the two macc fans on this forum that they played there part
But on a night ware we decided to tighten it up and take a wonder goal
Good crowd might start the belief again

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2014, 03:29:50 PM »

I've been waiting for Jeremy Beadle and a film crew to turn up all day. That really happened didnt it?! Truly outstanding spirit belief and character shown by all last night. And a special mention for my grandad Stuart Coburn, wonderful save near the end at 0-0

roytonmike

« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »

Regarding the website match report, Wilkinson was booked for an earlier foul where the ref had let Macclesfield play advantage, and the free-kick for the backpass had to be taken short as it was indirect. Any reason why Gillespie was dropped altogether?
According to the Therapy Talk in the programme "Steven Gillespie has managed to disrupt some muscle fibres in his calf" and was due for a late fitness test, which he obviously failed. At the risk of seeming to promote a product in which I have an interest might I suggest buying & reading the club programme?
A massive improvement on which the management and players deserve every congratulation. For me personally some of the gloss was taken off a great night by the shenanigans at the end - it may be a minority view on here, but I'm entirely supportive of ATS in his comments on another thread - but for 90 of the 94+ minutes that was all that a derby match should be; passion, grit, determination, honest endeavour and a little bit of wonder to cap it all off. One question, though - have Macc sold themselves so far down the commercial river in the matter of kit that they have to turn up looking like the mob from the salt mines? Isn't royal blue & white good enough for them? 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:26:48 PM by roytonmike »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield match thread