PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Macclesfield match thread  (Read 32122 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Macclesfield match thread
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2014, 04:55:22 PM »

I never buy a programme. I'd expect information like that to be included in the online match report.

Jimmy

« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2014, 05:46:24 PM »

A performance with such determenation and heart the lads did us proud

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2014, 06:44:37 PM »

I never buy a programme. I'd expect information like that to be included in the online match report.

There was a time when I bought a programme religiously and it would even sour my day if I failed to get one. Once it was about the only way to find out what is going on but the internet arrived and grew and now you can find out and experience stuff that would be of dreams 10 or 15 years ago. When I moved away from the area so couldn't get a Pink anymore the only way sometimes of finding out just the score was in the Sunday papers and often midweek, well forget it.
I still have my collection of programmes, many of which are real nostalgia jolters, but I don't get one these days. I'd be interested to know how sales have held up compared to say 10 years ago but I imagine such stats don't exist.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

York Alty

« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2014, 07:11:12 PM »

There was a time when I bought a programme religiously and it would even sour my day if I failed to get one. Once it was about the only way to find out what is going on but the internet arrived and grew and now you can find out and experience stuff that would be of dreams 10 or 15 years ago. When I moved away from the area so couldn't get a Pink anymore the only way sometimes of finding out just the score was in the Sunday papers and often midweek, well forget it.
I still have my collection of programmes, many of which are real nostalgia jolters, but I don't get one these days. I'd be interested to know how sales have held up compared to say 10 years ago but I imagine such stats don't exist.

Great post.

I don't buy a programme on my visits to Moss Lane any more.  I would buy one for a decent cup tie or a trophy qtr final onwards as a souvenir, but for a normal league game it's not got the same appeal now we have this site, the main site etc.  The 0891 info numbers died because of the web so its possibly time to rethink the programme too.  Even the word programme is a bit misleading - we all know the "programme" of events, what happens when.  Whilst I would be sad to see the demise of the Robins Review it has to at least break even.  How many are sold these days?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2014, 07:24:22 PM »

Great post.

I don't buy a programme on my visits to Moss Lane any more.  I would buy one for a decent cup tie or a trophy qtr final onwards as a souvenir, but for a normal league game it's not got the same appeal now we have this site, the main site etc.  The 0891 info numbers died because of the web so its possibly time to rethink the programme too.  Even the word programme is a bit misleading - we all know the "programme" of events, what happens when.  Whilst I would be sad to see the demise of the Robins Review it has to at least break even.  How many are sold these days?

Is it not now called a Matchday Magazine?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2014, 10:29:19 PM »

Great post.

Is it not now called a Matchday Magazine?

Actually it says  'Official Matchday Programme ' on the one I bought last night
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield match thread