PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Miserable Sod Alert
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Miserable Sod Alert  (Read 8480 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Miserable Sod Alert
« on: September 30, 2014, 11:00:04 PM »

Firstly I am over the moon with the result.

I'm not going to ask where Jamie at al are at present after their diatrobes on Saturday as that would be churlish. I will compliment Ollie on his post tonight too.

Onto the reason for my moan.

Another big game - another flare and then either it's thrown back on or a second one is thrown on.

These events are reported to the League, The FA and the Licensing Authorities and can have very significant implications.

I don't know but I would not be surprised if a fine were to be levied against the Club by the League. Potentially of more concern over the piece could be the possibility of additional requirements upon the Club from Trafford. They can put all manner of conditions on the licence which could cost the Club significant amounts.

Flares ARE illegal so, if you know who brought it in, at least tell them not to ever do it again please as that sort of thing is NOT welcome at Moss Lane

Miserable Tw@t rant over

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Miserable Sod Alert
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 11:05:58 PM »

Smoke canister, not a flare. Not as dangerous, but certainly very annoying for people that don't want to breathe it in.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 11:12:16 PM »

Still just as illegal Ian

Still reportable

Still has ramifications

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 11:14:26 PM »

The police in the ground didn't seem to bothered about it, Yes i agree than can get the club a fine
Big campaign going on from Premiership downwards
@AltyDaz

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 11:15:56 PM »

I think it's one person or group that come out for the big games specifically and decide to bring these things. The only one that was brought and that Alty fans knew about beforehand was Brackley at home as far as I know.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 11:17:53 PM »

So we can keep the moans in a single thread, may I ask why 1/3 of the pop side was closed off?
Quite unnecessary to inconvenience regular supporters like that. If we need to stop knobs from the away end trying to get all Danny Dyer on us then position the police in the sterile area in the corner between the pop side and chequers end.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 11:19:17 PM »

The Brackley one was a flare. There was also a smoke canister let off at Hednesford.

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 11:20:40 PM »

The Brackley one was a flare. There was also a smoke canister let off at Hednesford.

also at County away last season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 11:30:05 PM »

I'll try and clear a few things up.

The only flare that has been common knowledge to those who frequent Moss Lane was indeed the one that was used during the Brackley game in the 2012/2013 season. I know that because I attended the game with those responsible, and I'd say on that day there were about 20-30 who knew about it. After the mixed response on the forum after that game, there has not been any such item brought in by a regular Altrincham fan and I can say that with assurance.

There was a red smokebomb let off away at Stockport towards the end of last season and as far as I am aware that was brought in and used by a group of lads who do not regularly attend Altrincham matches. They were stood right away from the core bulk of Altrincham fans and that is always a strong indication.

The green (and I still don't understand why it was green) smokebomb that was let off during the home leg of the play-off semi-final against Hednesford was also done so by fans who do not regularly attend Altrincham matches.

Again, tonight, there was one red smokebomb and it was set off by fans who I don't believe to be Altrincham regulars. It was brought in by a group of teenage lads. I noticed they were planning it well before the second half started and I told them that if they were going to do it then they'd better make sure it was done "properly." By that I mean do not throw it on the pitch. Unfortunately they did that.

There were not two smokebombs tonight, only the one. Also I'm pretty sure that the Macclesfield fan who came bounding over was the one who threw it back onto the pitch but I cannot confirm that.

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 11:35:00 PM »

They were stood right away from the core bulk of Altrincham fans and that is always a strong indication.

Correct.  There were plenty of Alty fans there that day and the lads with the rather crappy smokebomb  were stood / sat at one side well away from the main core.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 11:38:06 PM »

The police in the ground didn't seem to bothered about it, Yes i agree than can get the club a fine

They were also quite disinterested in the Macc fans swinging from the netting under your Camera point Darre

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 11:40:59 PM »

Thanks that's fine  but the fact that they aren't "regular" alty fans would not save us from any sanction

All I am saying and trying not to be a killjoy in the process, is that these sort of things can have ramifications which the perpetrators etc may not have any cognisance of, otherwise they probably wouldn't do it

markecky

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 11:50:28 PM »

It's a valid point Phil but I reckon whoever did it will have just come for the Macc game.  They won't be on here and they won't be bothered mate sorry to say.

We know it's wrong.

On another note I'd like to praise the stewarding tonight. We are quick to jump on it when things go wrong like Chester and Wrexham. A lot of planning goes into these games that we don't see.  On my way to the game in the car and there was groups of Macc fans stopping traffic singing anti Alty songs ( thought they weren't arsed about us  } outside the sports centre and coming down from the King George.

I think it was the right decision to move the segregation back as if we had scored that goal up against the wall then more than one nutter would have been over it and that would be the talk tonight.  Not sure how he got as far as he did but overall it was very well run and a top night.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 11:59:08 PM »

They were also quite disinterested in the Macc fans swinging from the netting under your Camera point Darre

Didn't really affect me after i stood my ground with the ones trying to climb the ladder
@AltyDaz

andrewflynn

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 12:13:01 AM »

Fully understand the trouble it can get the club in but like Ecky says, those who were responsible won't be bothered by that.

I fear with more high profile games we will attract similar types of people, attending our games to do similar things.

We all know it is an in-thing at the moment and people would much rather do it at Moss Lane than Old Trafford.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Miserable Sod Alert