PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Re: Altrincham Town
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re: Altrincham Town  (Read 8290 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 15, 2014, 06:27:03 PM »

FFS !
Full time and proud of it

ForeverAlty

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 06:45:24 PM »

Are they just trying to annoy us now?

anglo alty

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »

We are comming to that time of year again where the major Tv channels dip theire prevebial toes in the non league pool.They are getting earlier this year like shops getting ready for Christmas This latest indignation is worse than refering to non lge players as butchers bakers and candlestick makers. Its not premiership so it doesn't matter mentality is alive and well in the BBC newsroom as well as whats left of its sports dept. Imagine the outrage if they refered to the Prime minister as David Farrage nearly right well its close enough

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 08:23:53 PM »

We are comming to that time of year again where the major Tv channels dip theire prevebial toes in the non league pool.They are getting earlier this year like shops getting ready for Christmas This latest indignation is worse than refering to non lge players as butchers bakers and candlestick makers. Its not premiership so it doesn't matter mentality is alive and well in the BBC newsroom as well as whats left of its sports dept. Imagine the outrage if they refered to the Prime minister as David Farrage nearly right well its close enough

Not just the BBC - didn't somebody post on here that talksport did the same thing last week?

It's ignorance in my opinion.

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 09:50:30 PM »

Not just the BBC - didn't somebody post on here that talksport did the same thing last week?

Talk sport is BBC. ;D

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 10:00:16 PM »

Sloppy lazy journalism
ParkINson's red and white army

Alex

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 10:28:08 PM »

Talk sport is BBC. ;D

Talk sport is owned by UTV radio, honestly the lazy posting on this forum is astounding

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 10:31:07 PM »

yes, they did, this week actually. after trying to sound as if he was the resident non-league expert during the draw on monday, colin murray referred to altrincham town. there was a separate thread about it on this forum at the time. I said then, and I'll say it again now, it is unforgivable and unacceptable for national broadcasters to make such a basic mistake. i mean, we're not exactly unknowns in fa cup circles, are we? now it's bbc tv, and their newly-appointed sports editor. I'm sure we all appreciated dan roan choosing us to illustrate the appeal of non-league football, but altrincham town, for heaven's sake? not once, but twice. it was repeated on the 10 o'clock bulletin. i think we have a right to expect better.quote]

Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 10:34:09 PM »

"Dear Points of View!"

Dan Roan actually lives in Altrincham, he really should know better.

On the plus side, at least he didn't broadcast the result!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:33:52 PM by Hamilton »

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 11:32:56 PM »

"Dear Points of View!"

Just don't get Barry Tooks name wrong... It rhymed with Took...

markecky

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 11:00:28 AM »

Where did it first come from though? 

Just weird, it's not like we have had 2/3 identities like some clubs.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »

I remember when it was on Goodwins Coaches website many moons ago ...

Could be worse could bring out the "plays at Moss Road" or even worse "Moss R*se" which has been put in before !!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 10:40:54 AM »

Could be worse could bring out the "plays at Moss Road" or even worse "Moss R*se" which has been put in before !!

I can remember a cringeworthy Stuart Hall pre-match radio report on the Altrincham/Rotherham cup game were every other sentence seemed to refer to the "Moss Rose".

Having just read on the website that the Braintree Bugle and Advertiser has also reffered to Altrincham "Town", I wonder if the fault lies in the GM Vauxhall Conference press pack.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:46:04 AM by Ian Harwood »

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »

I can remember a cringeworthy Stuart Hall pre-match radio report on the Altrincham/Rotherham cup game were every other sentence seemed to refer to the "Moss Rose".

Having just read on the website that the Braintree Bugle and Advertiser has also reffered to Altrincham "Town", I wonder if the fault lies in the GM Vauxhall Conference press pack.

Surely that should be Vanarama Conference press pack

Cringeworthy !

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 01:27:12 PM »

Surely that should be Vanarama Conference press pack

Cringeworthy !
What, GM Vauxhall have stopped sponsoring the Gola league?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team