PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ched Evans
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 10692 times)

RocketDan

Ched Evans
« on: October 22, 2014, 07:17:18 PM »

Hypothetical situation - would you have him at Alty?

York Alty

Re: Ched Evans
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:22:01 PM »

A debate likely to set off a real row that one. 

For me - no.  Simply because of the bad reactions he'd get from oppo fans.  He has a right to work in his trade, personally I'd rather he kept a low profile and maybe worked as a coach with U21s or something similar (not children).

We have had other criminals turn out for us but a sex offender these days attracts such vitriol I'd say no thanks Ched.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 07:23:28 PM »

Anyone who serves their sentence should be free to pursue their choice of career unless they come into contact with kids.  For me yes
Bernard Taylors barmy army

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 08:10:32 PM »

This will quite likely get some sort of reaction but personally I don't think he should be allowed back into the game

Just an opinion

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 08:17:04 PM »

This will quite likely get some sort of reaction but personally I don't think he should be allowed back into the game

Just an opinion

I think it's bit of a tough one. He is adamant he did nothing wrong and wants to clear his name. However, he has been found guilty of the offence in eyes of the law.

Either way, I think he will play again and it will blow over. The actions of Luke McCormack and Lee Hughes cost people's lives,but they were signed back on amid a storm,and still playing now.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 08:24:57 PM »

Just an opinion

Why?

Beaver

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 08:53:02 PM »

Whether what he did was rape or not he treated that girl like a piece of meat who had no worth. He can plead innocence all he likes but he still needs to come out and accept some responsibility for putting himself in that situation, taking advantage of someone who wasnt 100% and deciding its acceptable to prowl around using his profile to detrimental effect.

So far he seems to be acting like innocence of rape advocates every other act that occurred that night. if thats his take on it then his girlfriend is a mug for supporting him.

Apparently he will make a 'profound statement from his website' this week. He's had a couple of years to think up that statement, he should have done it at the prison gates and put himself to the sword like his accuser did in the courtroom.

If he gets his conviction overturned then fair enough he can get on with it, but until then he should either stay quiet and concentrate on his appeal until he's finished questioning the justice process applied to him. If it doesn't get overturned then he can play again when his sentence finishes in another 2 years or so. Five years is a poor deal for the victim if he's guilty, serving only half of that in prison is a joke, the least he can do is be deprived of his profession for the full five.

I wouldnt have him at the club even if his conviction is overturned unless he comes out and accepts the responsibility for his actions in a clear and humble manner.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 09:37:55 PM »

Is he a right winger ?
Full time and proud of it

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 10:13:01 PM »

Is he a right winger ?

No idea of his politics. Sorry.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 10:25:10 PM »

He's done his time....he should be allowed to pick up the pieces. Yes, he'll get dog's abuse from opposing fans.....but I'd have him like a shot.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 11:19:51 PM »

Just an opinion

Why?

Because of what he did. Irrespective of his pleas of innocence, what Beaver says is correct - he did something. Disturbingly he exploited his celebrity to gain sexual gratification at the expense of another and that, for my money, is a total no no (and yes I know others have and continue to do it but  that don't make it right)

Would you allow Stuart Hall, Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris etc to resume their careers with access to people similar to those they were convicted of abusing?

If the review finds that he is innocent of ANY wrongdoing then I'd reconsider.

I know that due to his conviction he would not be able to coach or Referee so I don't really see why he should be allowed to play...maybe once the whole sentence period is expired  plus some but i stick to my views

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 11:44:09 PM »

Would you allow Stuart Hall, Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris etc to resume their careers with access to people similar to those they were convicted of abusing?

No I would not and neither would anyone else...........but he is not going to join a North Wales ladies football team.......he is going to re-join Sheffield United Football Club and won't be alone on the training field and will be surrounded by 16,000 observers on match day

If he is not allowed to play football again..........what job is he allowed to pursue ?..........alternatively would it be ok for the taxpayer to pay for this ex-convict to live on benefits
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Beaver

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 12:35:37 AM »

No I would not and neither would anyone else...........but he is not going to join a North Wales ladies football team.......he is going to re-join Sheffield United Football Club and won't be alone on the training field and will be surrounded by 16,000 observers on match day

If he is not allowed to play football again..........what job is he allowed to pursue ?..........alternatively would it be ok for the taxpayer to pay for this ex-convict to live on benefits

why is he any different to any other criminal? do rapists who stack shelves in tesco come out of prison early and walk back into their old job? tax payers contribute towards society and all that goes with it, including feeding,clothing and housing convicted murderers, rapists and child molesters when they re-integrate to society, so yes i'll fund his benefits like i fund the counselling his victim gets. he has proved himself unfit to deal with the rigours of being high profile in modern society. He is unsafe to himself and others in the public eye, so he can find an alternative career. No more football doesnt equal life on the dole.

lets see if he spent his 2 and a half years wisely, so far it appears not.

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 12:36:43 AM »

He will get a job again as a player I am convinced.  Legally he can and ability wise shows he will - I am however pleased it's not Alty for reasons above.  He will have conditions for his release as any offender. He won't be doing the school visits, nor the trip to the crimbo party etc. His club and personal manager will be advising him to take a low profile until his legal stuff is done one way or another.

Now who is talking to his victim, helping her come to terms with the prospect of fans going bonkers when he scores a goal?  That must be a sickening feeling for the girl.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:40:54 AM by York Alty »

Jimmy

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 12:46:42 AM »

why is he any different to any other criminal? do rapists who stack shelves in tesco come out of prison early and walk back into their old job? tax payers contribute towards society and all that goes with it, including feeding,clothing and housing convicted murderers, rapists and child molesters when they re-integrate to society, so yes i'll fund his benefits like i fund the counselling his victim gets. he has proved himself unfit to deal with the rigours of being high profile in modern society. He is unsafe to himself and others in the public eye, so he can find an alternative career. No more football doesnt equal life on the dole.

lets see if he spent his 2 and a half years wisely, so far it appears not.
If he was guilty which I'm not convinced of why should I have to work with a rapist on a building site but if I played football I wouldn't
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ched Evans