PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ched Evans
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 10629 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ched Evans
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »

Because he is a sex offender - so he can't work with children by law

Well yes, I'm just questioning whether, given the nature of his crime, it's reasonable to stop him coaching 17 year old lads.

17 year olds are children in terms of child safeguarding. That is laid down in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child Part 1, Article 1  unless local laws say otherwise, and UK law does not say otherwise.  He is barred from that level of work.

I understand the law - I'm asking whether the law is correct.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:41:51 PM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

GB Alty

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 08:10:50 PM »

Well yes, I'm just questioning whether, given the nature of his crime, it's reasonable to stop him coaching 17 year old lads.

17 year olds are children in terms of child safeguarding. That is laid down in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child Part 1, Article 1  unless local laws say otherwise, and UK law does not say otherwise.  He is barred from that level of work.

Yes the law is correct

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 08:40:15 PM »

Yes the law is correct

Glad we've got that sorted.

York Alty

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 10:17:16 PM »

Yes the law is correct

The law is correct. Nobody is seriously going to campaign for any watering down of child protection in the current climate.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2014, 03:19:53 AM »

Yes the law is correct

The law is correct. Nobody is seriously going to campaign for any watering down of child protection in the current climate.

Meh, I don't like the idea that all sex offenders are a danger to children. It's irrational and preys on some of our stupidest instincts.

Ched Evans might have made some poor moral choices but I really don't see the harm in letting him supervise some 17 year olds run around some cones.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:27:32 AM by Jimmy Hill »

dopamine

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2014, 09:42:18 AM »

17 year olds are children in terms of child safeguarding. That is laid down in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child Part 1, Article 1  unless local laws say otherwise, and UK law does not say otherwise.  He is barred from that level of work.

Yes the law is correct

Meh, I don't like the idea that all sex offenders are a danger to children. It's irrational and preys on some of our stupidest instincts.

Ched Evans might have made some poor moral choices but I really don't see the harm in letting him supervise some 17 year olds run around some cones.

The nature of those poor moral choices is the exact reason why he should not be allowed. Assuming guilt, he took advantage of vulnerability to impose sex. Especially when his fame and therefore extra clout is taken into account, putting him in a position of such close contact with 17 year olds would be asking for trouble.

The question is, if you had forced someone into sex and experienced remorse at your actions, would you want to put yourself in a position which leaves you vulnerable to being tempted into a repeat? If your answer is no (in my case it certainly would be) then since we are talking about children ie. protecting those who are more in danger of being exploited, what would normally be a personal moral decision must be enshrined in law.

So in short, the law is correct on this one.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ched Evans