PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A risk worth taking?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A risk worth taking?  (Read 7710 times)

Jenga

A risk worth taking?
« on: October 23, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »

Bearing in mind we have £12,500 at stake, would you consider resting some of those players who have perhaps had more match time than others and move them to the bench?

Not so sure can afford that luxury but resting Reeves and Clee might be an option by putting them on the bench?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A risk worth taking?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 12:15:31 PM »

Not an option. if I get there and Chee and/or Reeves are on the bench I be mightily pissed off.

We did that against Trafford and we know what happened there!
Full time and proud of it

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 12:30:04 PM »

Got to be a wind up, got to be...

Insane not to play a full strength team with so much at stake

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 12:33:50 PM »

We don't have enough strength in depth to have the luxury of resting players if they are fit to play.

A good cup run could really be the springboard to  a better season, so we must give it our all.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 12:44:44 PM »

We go full tilt or might as well not bother, we've had our fingers burnt time and time again over the last 20 years in this situation, strongest available 11 without question

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 01:19:16 PM »

The time to rest those tired legs is an hour into the game after we've built AT LEAST a three goal lead.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 04:39:48 PM »

Not an option. if I get there and Chee and/or Reeves are on the bench I be mightily pissed off. We did that against Trafford and we know what happened there!
Know this is as typo ... but is it for Clee or Ched?  :D :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »

I'd rest Coburn and play that younger goalkeeper on our staff: Ian Senior.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

GB Alty

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »

Bearing in mind we have £12,500 at stake, would you consider resting some of those players who have perhaps had more match time than others and move them to the bench?

Not so sure can afford that luxury but resting Reeves and Clee might be an option by putting them on the bench?
this is the most stupid post I have ever read

Remember Trafford?

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 07:33:46 PM »

Remember Trafford?
It's not the most stupid post I've read. It consists of a reasonable question followed by a reasonable suggestion. Both asking for sensible comment. On the other hand, your response is up there.........

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 07:40:07 PM »

Remember Trafford?
It's not the most stupid post I've read. It consists of a reasonable question followed by a reasonable suggestion. Both asking for sensible comment. On the other hand, your response is up there.........
if you think it's a reasonable suggestion, who would you rest and who would you play instead?

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 08:05:26 PM »

If you look at the original post I don't think jenga thought changes should be made so I'm wondering why he even started the thread

GB Alty

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 08:20:26 PM »

If you look at the original post I don't think jenga thought changes should be made so I'm wondering why he even started the thread
buryalty thinks it's reasonable suggestion? But hasn't been able to name anyone he would rest - so maybe not such a reasonable suggestion I think

Beaver

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 08:49:07 PM »

f**k me.

come to the alty fans forum, a friendly online haven for likeminded lovers of alty fc to have a good hearted debate.

On the ball against Barwell we should be good enough to be 3up at half time, then rest a few. players like Gillespie and Perry have had less game time than Reeves. Wilkinson less than Richman, Marshall less than Griffin/Leather/Havern.

Not really arsed if i get slated for that, same old same old on here these days.

Jimmy

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 08:52:42 PM »

f**k me.

come to the alty fans forum, a friendly online haven for likeminded lovers of alty fc to have a good hearted debate.

On the ball against Barwell we should be good enough to be 3up at half time, then rest a few. players like Gillespie and Perry have had less game time than Reeves. Wilkinson less than Richman, Marshall less than Griffin/Leather/Havern.

Not really arsed if i get slated for that, same old same old on here these days.
Fair point but you would want us 3 up before you do this
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A risk worth taking?