PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A risk worth taking?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A risk worth taking?  (Read 7647 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A risk worth taking?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 08:57:13 PM »

What on earth is all this talk about building a three goal lead? Does anyone seriously think we're going to do that? This is going to be a hard game and I'd be happy with any win or even a draw.

If a team struggling against relegation in League One was talking like this about us, I'd be thinking that they're cruising for a fall.

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 09:08:03 PM »

I agree Leon I just agreed that we could make changes if things were going well I will add the 2 most important players in the Sinnott era have probably been clee and reeves when one of them is dropped or injured we have had some shocking results
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:16:13 PM by Jimmy »

Beaver

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 12:02:40 AM »

What on earth is all this talk about building a three goal lead? Does anyone seriously think we're going to do that? This is going to be a hard game and I'd be happy with any win or even a draw.

If a team struggling against relegation in League One was talking like this about us, I'd be thinking that they're cruising for a fall.

i said if we're on the ball. we were three up away at Halifax so its not impossible to imagine us three up away at Barwell. and the main point is thats when you rest people.

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 12:07:14 AM »

You totally misunderstand my post. I'm not suggesting we can work a three goal lead. ONLY IF WE DID (odds of 66-1 in my opinion) should we consider weakening our team.

I trust that is now perfectly clear !!!!!

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 12:24:28 AM »

You totally misunderstand my post. I'm not suggesting we can work a three goal lead. ONLY IF WE DID (odds of 66-1 in my opinion) should we consider weakening our team.

I trust that is now perfectly clear !!!!!

No, I didn't misunderstand your initial post, I just thought it was unwise for you and others even to discuss what we might do if we'd built a three goal lead as that implies we think it's a reasonable possibility.

York Alty

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 09:52:03 AM »

Strongest team available plays. Full Stop.

Baldrick

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 12:05:09 PM »

The bookies are offering 10/11 an Alty win so they don't think it will be easy.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »

Well well well...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 06:01:17 PM »

I really dont believe the answers in this thread.

It was a serious question and one that I felt we could not afford the luxury but we all know Alty and wondered if others felt we could rest some players by putting them on the bench.

As for you UDAY, you are utterly rude and if you cant answer a thread politely then dont bother. In all honesty every post you put on this forum is slating someone or the club or the manager. Give it a rest for gods sake.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 06:36:50 PM »

Well well well...

Barwell, well, well.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 07:11:39 PM »

Jenga, take no notice of Uday. He has a big enough noose to hang himself without our help.

Mr Woolf

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2014, 09:07:27 PM »

It's a wind up thread

Jenga

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 07:18:30 PM »

It's a wind up thread

Woolfy it really was not a wind up thread. I promise you :-)

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 12:01:01 AM »

Now about that three goal lead.....we were 4 minutes late building it. Bloody disgraceful......

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43:59 AM »

Now about that three goal lead.....we were 4 minutes late building it. Bloody disgraceful......

Sinnout.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A risk worth taking?