PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Number 52 at home please
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Number 52 at home please  (Read 20433 times)

arnald

Re: Number 52 at home please
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2014, 08:04:06 AM »

How much dosh for the train up there are we talking?

mortlakebob

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2014, 08:43:24 AM »

Great draw. 1st round great, but 2nd round and just 90 mins away from 3rd round draw is a great feeling. A lesser non league team home or away gives us best shot at that, and also increases chances of a tv game - tv games always likely to be non league at home to league and with only a dozen or so non league teams likely to make round 2, who knows.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2014, 11:01:14 AM »

Being only six all non league ties including our own we'd have to be lucky to pull out a nonleague side in round two should we be fortunate enough to get there. Arguably the winners of Basingstoke/Harrow B. v Spennymoor T/AFC Telford Utd or Bromley v Dartford at home would be best unless anyone causes a shock. Failing that the winners of hartlepool v East Thurrock at home

george

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2014, 11:28:23 AM »

Having been around for a fair while, F.A.Cup means one game @ a time. So far £12,500 Prize Money. Next another away tie v. my one wish, a lower placed team, Potential £18,000 Prize Money. That's as far as I go to the end of the match @ Blyth Spartans, THEN THE DREAMS BEGIN AGAIN. i am luckier than most I've seen all the 3rd Round ties & replays but there was no prize money then. ROLL ON ALFRETON TOWN.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2014, 12:57:16 PM »

Just had a quick look and the nearest station (Cramlington or something) is 4 miles away. It looked like there was going to be little change from £100 there and back, possibly more....

Hamilton

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2014, 02:41:35 PM »

Being only six all non league ties including our own we'd have to be lucky to pull out a nonleague side in round two should we be fortunate enough to get there. Arguably the winners of Basingstoke/Harrow B. v Spennymoor T/AFC Telford Utd or Bromley v Dartford at home would be best unless anyone causes a shock. Failing that the winners of Hartlepool v East Thurrock at home

We'd get coverage on Soccer Saturday!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2014, 02:55:32 PM »

Just had a quick look and the nearest station (Cramlington or something) is 4 miles away. It looked like there was going to be little change from £100 there and back, possibly more....

There's a fairly fast bus from Newcastle Haymarket bus station, a better option than train to Cramlington I'd have thought.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2014, 04:57:02 PM »

There's a fairly fast bus from Newcastle Haymarket bus station, a better option than train to Cramlington I'd have thought.

For those going by train, depending on how much of a day you want to make of it, you should base yourself around Whitley Bay I reckon. You certainly don't want to be spending much time around Blyth, and you might just get a pleasant day at the seaside!

There is a train from Victoria just before 9am, getting into Newcastle at 11:30ish.  Jump on the Metro to Whitley Bay, and that should see you in the pub by lunchtime.

A cab ride from there to the ground would be roughly 15 mins or so along the coastal road I reckon. Get a cab back into Whitley Bay at FT.

Return train tickets currently around £45, with a few return trains to choose from (depending on how much sticking around and drinking you want to do)

roytonmike

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2014, 09:44:53 PM »

Shildon 1 Norton United 2

taxi Phil

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2014, 11:40:16 PM »

wilf

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2014, 12:01:46 AM »

Arrived at the ground tonight to find out, if we win we'r live on BT sport  on the Friday night , and what happens, we lost. Gutted, the lads were fantastic, proud of all of them

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2014, 12:23:54 AM »

For those going by train, depending on how much of a day you want to make of it, you should base yourself around Whitley Bay I reckon. You certainly don't want to be spending much time around Blyth, and you might just get a pleasant day at the seaside!

There is a train from Victoria just before 9am, getting into Newcastle at 11:30ish.  Jump on the Metro to Whitley Bay, and that should see you in the pub by lunchtime.

A cab ride from there to the ground would be roughly 15 mins or so along the coastal road I reckon. Get a cab back into Whitley Bay at FT.

Return train tickets currently around £45, with a few return trains to choose from (depending on how much sticking around and drinking you want to do)

This is is Alty - if you're getting the Metro to The Coast it's got to be Tynemouth darling

GB Alty

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2014, 01:57:52 PM »

Arrived at the ground tonight to find out, if we win we'r live on BT sport  on the Friday night , and what happens, we lost. Gutted, the lads were fantastic, proud of all of them
hard luck Wilf

Maybe come to see us at Blyth?

wilf

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2014, 02:47:34 PM »

hard luck Wilf

Maybe come to see us at Blyth?

Since its now on the sunday, yes we'l be there

GB Alty

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »

Looking forward to seeing you Shildon lads
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Number 52 at home please