PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Our badge
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Our badge  (Read 16672 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Our badge
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 09:07:16 PM »

I have absolutely no emotional connection to our badge, which tells its own story. It is too fiddly - how many of us knew (before Ecky's post) what it actually depicts? I didn't. I think a new logo, as long as it was simple, clean and elegant, would be a great thing.

Agreed.

Whilst there is something in keeping things purely for the sake of tradition and maintaining a connection with the past. However, I think there's nothing wrong with exploring other possibilities.

It could be quite exciting - invite fans to submit their designs and people could vote for either keeping things the same or for changing.
Fair point

I think we should change the name of the club as well - no point in keeping things for the sake of tradition. And as you say this could be quite exciting

My suggestion is Team Alty Robins of Cheshire, what do you think?

Boom boom

Pass me a coke dude
i prefer altrincham town
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »

i like the crest and would want to keep it - but all for moving with the times of course

In life change is invetable sadly and its also critical for survial - if you dont change and adapt you will fail

I know i have contradicted my self but i do like the crest

So disappointed this didn't tease

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 09:17:39 PM »

Tease off with your new badge nonsense

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 09:22:21 PM »

I have absolutely no emotional connection to our badge, which tells its own story. It is too fiddly - how many of us knew (before Ecky's post) what it actually depicts? I didn't. I think a new logo, as long as it was simple, clean and elegant, would be a great thing.

Agreed.

Whilst there is something in keeping things purely for the sake of tradition and maintaining a connection with the past. However, I think there's nothing wrong with exploring other possibilities.

It could be quite exciting - invite fans to submit their designs and people could vote for either keeping things the same or for changing.
Fair point

I think we should change the name of the club as well - no point in keeping things for the sake of tradition. And as you say this could be quite exciting

My suggestion is Team Alty Robins of Cheshire, what do you think?

Boom boom

Pass me a coke dude

How long have we used the town crest for? Do you know, Jamie? I don't. Did we use it in the 60s, or the 30s? Just because something's old doesn't mean it's traditional.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:29:20 PM by Leon »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 09:27:54 PM »

Nottingham Forest are a good example. They just used the city's crest but then got something distinctive of their own which they use to this day and has become part of their heritage in its own right.

GB Alty

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 09:28:33 PM »

It id typical of modern society to want to mend something which isn't broken

Change to stay funky with the kids is cringe worthy

History (however far back it goes) is worth more than that in my book

ripleym

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 09:33:24 PM »

It id typical of modern society to want to mend something which isn't broken

Change to stay funky with the kids is cringe worthy

History (however far back it goes) is worth more than that in my book

Do you hold a senior management position where I work Uday?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 09:39:32 PM »

I think the current badge is broken. It isn't distinctively ours, it was created for the whole town well after we were founded, we haven't always used it publicly even in the last 30 years and it is also the logo of a removals company.

Why not have a poll among the fans? If most want to keep it then fair enough.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 09:50:03 PM »

i like the crest and would want to keep it - but all for moving with the times of course

In life change is invetable sadly and its also critical for survial - if you dont change and adapt you will fail

I know i have contradicted my self but i do like the crest

So disappointed this didn't tease
I would like to issue a sincere apology to everyone on the forum for a sensible post and I would like to assure everyone that this will not happen again

I hope you can find it in your selves to forgive me
ParkINson's red and white army

GB Alty

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 09:50:57 PM »

I think the current badge is broken. It isn't distinctively ours, it was created for the whole town well after we were founded, we haven't always used it publicly even in the last 30 years and it is also the logo of a removals company.

you not proud of the town emblem? You think there is a disconnect between the town and the club? You don't want the town emblem associated with the club?

Pitiful if you ask me - and fair play to Altrincham removals for having pride in the town and what it means

How can we expect the town to back us when we show it such scant respect

Shameful
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:01:58 PM by Uday »

bumble

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 10:19:03 PM »

you not proud of the town emblem? You think there is a disconnect between the town and the club? You don't want the town emblem associated with the club?

Pitiful if you ask me - and fair play to Altrincham removals for having pride in the town and what it means

How can we expect the town to back us when we show it such scant respect

Shameful

The grammar school doesn't use the crest.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 10:31:39 PM »

For a change I completely agree with uday , the town is who what and where we are , the towns emblem represents us all , I personally am all for change with many things but fundamentally that is the towns badge we represent the town end of , If kids of today have know knowledge , love or association of the badge and what it represents then I suggest they go to old trafford and join the " we sell the shiny glossy over priced sh*t with know respect of history " we aren't the richest , we aren't the wealthiest that's not what we are if you think that please go to old Trafford you support alty for good or bad or old fashioned .
FFS

GB Alty

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 10:34:57 PM »

Excellent post hash

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2014, 10:35:46 PM »

How many other football clubs use the town crest as their logo? Very few, I suspect. It's not a question of disowning the town, it's about creating an image that represents us, rather than one that we've appropriated.

GB Alty

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2014, 10:46:16 PM »

How many other football clubs use the town crest as their logo? Very few, I suspect. It's not a question of disowning the town, it's about creating an image that represents us, rather than one that we've appropriated.
I disagree - and I don't care what other clubs do

The town crest does for me and I'm proud the club uses it - maybe old fashioned, but some things aren't worth changing just to be trendy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Our badge