Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I presume we are still going to lincoln?

Author Topic: I presume we are still going to lincoln?  (Read 4466 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 29, 2014, 01:53:05 PM »

One rule for one???
"Spartans’ home game against Ashton United which is scheduled for Tuesday 4th November has been postponed due to our FA Cup commitments.
This decision came after an offer from the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League to postpone the game to allow Tom Wade’s side to have a free week ahead of the FA Cup First Round tie against Altrincham.
The club would like to express it’s gratitude to the league for their offer and this has been gratefully accepted.
However the club can confirm that should we draw at Farsley on Saturday the replay would take place on Tuesday night
A new date for the Ashton United game will be announced shortly"

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I presume we are still going to lincoln?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 02:01:04 PM »

This is extremely annoying, but we can't allow ourselves to get distracted by it.

Clearly it is in the interests of the Evo Stik League to have continued representation in the competition for as long as possible.

Is there anything stopping us speaking to Lincoln and agreeing a new date for the fixture? Given that they have a cup game on the Saturday, it would be mutually beneficial.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:06:20 PM by Paul Cain's Chip Pan »
Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »

As we can't control that decision we just crack on as were doing.  Have a check to see if we can do the same, if so great.  If not...just crack on...

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 05:36:21 PM »

It's only what the unibond did for us when we played Darlington I have no problem with it

GB Alty

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »

It's only what the unibond did for us when we played Darlington I have no problem with it
yes fair point, Marine away was postponed

Fair enough

Conference at fault for scheduling games midweek before cup

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 09:17:38 PM »

Yes they are at fault, and should us and woking make round 2 that tuesday game down there 4 days before round 2 or even 3 days if one of us is picked for the friday game, could be farcial

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 10:30:39 PM »

Damned if they do and damned if they don't aren't they?

What would be the response do you think, had we not made the 1st round proper but not been able to play Tuesday's game instead having to play it at the back end of the season when there is congestion and injuries etc.

I know - blame the Conference for not scheduling a Tuesday game in November.

You can't leave a blank Tuesday "just in case" otherwise you'd definitely be playing 3 games a week in April to make the farcical deadline for the end of the season (dictated incidentally by Wembley and not by the Conference)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 10:42:07 PM »

The confetence fixtures are littered with mistskes this season due to being done by a man with a fountain pen and a ruler, rather than professionally.  See Sunday's nlp letters page for starters

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 11:42:39 PM »

What would be the response do you think, had we not made the 1st round proper but not been able to play Tuesday's game instead having to play it at the back end of the season when there is congestion and injuries etc.

You can't leave a blank Tuesday "just in case" otherwise you'd definitely be playing 3 games a week in April to make the farcical deadline for the end of the season (dictated incidentally by Wembley and not by the Conference)

There have been earlier blank Tuesdays which we could sensibly have utilised.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 07:48:26 AM »

There have been earlier blank Tuesdays which we could sensibly have utilised.
Exactly, why have the last few Tuesdays been blank then?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 10:14:56 AM »

Also remember we play the following Tuesday as well

To many Tuesday games in November - this is not normal

Then we go to Woking in December????

roytonmike

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 12:00:04 PM »

I suspect that one of the reasons for blank midweeks has been England C - ridiculous as it may be I think there is a directive to have no Conference National matches in a week when England C are playing, so I think that takes a couple of weeks out. That's only a partial explanation, of course, but I offer it for what it's worth. Having midweek games either side of the Cup 1st Round is daft - and if (God forbid!) we end up playing Blyth on Sunday 9th, will we be allowed to move the Telford game from Tues 11th? I somehow doubt that the Conference will be as co-operative as the NPL to their clubs ...

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 04:13:53 PM »

Will this affect us playing Telford on the following Tuesday? I've already booked coming over to UK for this week, so I'll be happy if Lincoln is on as I'm already going to be there. Hadn't yet made a decision about staying for the Telford game.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

GB Alty

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 07:13:45 PM »

Will this affect us playing Telford on the following Tuesday? I've already booked coming over to UK for this week, so I'll be happy if Lincoln is on as I'm already going to be there. Hadn't yet made a decision about staying for the Telford game.
Fancy Telford might be moved back 24 hours to the Wednesday - if both clubs can agree of course

Is Telford's cup game on the Sunday as well?

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 09:35:06 PM »

Fancy Telford might be moved back 24 hours to the Wednesday - if both clubs can agree of course

Is Telford's cup game on the Sunday as well?

No, Telford play Saturday.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team