PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday 1/11/14
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Saturday 1/11/14  (Read 6590 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Saturday 1/11/14
« on: October 30, 2014, 06:24:08 AM »

I will be in hospital ,i go in today 30/10/14 to have my knee replaced,so sadly will not be able to listen to Radio robins this weekend.
Harold

taxi Phil

Re: Saturday 1/11/14
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »

I will be in hospital ,i go in today 30/10/14 to have my knee replaced,so sadly will not be able to listen to Radio robins this weekend.
Hope all goes well Harold.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 11:11:37 AM »

Good luck Harold - when it's done you can run up to home matches  ;D

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 12:21:06 PM »

Hope all goes well Harold.....we will miss you on Saturday as you are such a Radio Robins stalwart.

Let us know how it goes......Mrs. Flynn is particularly interested as she is waiting for a date for the same operation.

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 02:28:46 PM »

What are you replacing it with?

Hope it goes well.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 02:35:22 PM »

Hope it goes well.

I hope that it's not my dongle :o

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 02:58:19 PM »

Hope it goes well.

Make sure you play "Denis Denis" on RR!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 04:01:41 PM »

Well, I'll be there for once. Was going to chip in with the old crap pun as per on these things...you know "well that caps it all Harold"...sh*te, I've done it anyway now.

Sure you'll be flying in no time Harold.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »

That only gives us a very short turn around between away at Blyth and away to Telford.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »

Good luck H ..
Make sure you have plenty of sarnies to supplement the hospital gruel  ;)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 10:24:11 PM »

Good luck H ..
Make sure you have plenty of sarnies to supplement the hospital gruel  ;)

How you doing Ray?

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 10:38:01 PM »

Good luck there.

Bath Alty

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 10:45:09 PM »

All the best Harold.

While we are on the topic of missing Radio Robins while in hospital I must confess to a month's absence.  

Mrs Bath Alty has been in for 4 weeks being hacked about by surgeons.  Originally having her voice box removed due to cancer tumour stuck to the back of it (most unfair at just 51 and never smoked and uses barely a weeks recommended alcohol intake in a year!).  Then the bit of arm they used to reconstruct her throat died, not good, so operation no 2 to take it out again and finally op number three to remove her oesophagus and replace it with her stomach which was the only thing left they could join on to where her voice box used to be.  31 days since she last had a drink and at least a week to go.

So no big Christmas dinners and meals little and often is the way forward once it has all healed up and she is waterproof internally again.  That and breathing through a hole in her neck and having to learn to talk again (it doesn't work well if you have no air flow through your mouth or nose).......

She has done amazingly well bless her and is now home for a bit (so I might be back in radio robins land on Saturday).  Still praying we can dodge the radiotherapy if they got all the microscopic bits when they took the tumour out.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 10:46:13 PM »

Hope it goes well.

Make sure you play "Denis Denis" on RR!

;D ;D ;D

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 11:03:06 PM »

All the best Harold.

While we are on the topic of missing Radio Robins while in hospital I must confess to a month's absence.  

Mrs Bath Alty has been in for 4 weeks being hacked about by surgeons.  Originally having her voice box removed due to cancer tumour stuck to the back of it (most unfair at just 51 and never smoked and uses barely a weeks recommended alcohol intake in a year!).  Then the bit of arm they used to reconstruct her throat died, not good, so operation no 2 to take it out again and finally op number three to remove her oesophagus and replace it with her stomach which was the only thing left they could join on to where her voice box used to be.  31 days since she last had a drink and at least a week to go.

So no big Christmas dinners and meals little and often is the way forward once it has all healed up and she is waterproof internally again.  That and breathing through a hole in her neck and having to learn to talk again (it doesn't work well if you have no air flow through your mouth or nose).......

She has done amazingly well bless her and is now home for a bit (so I might be back in radio robins land on Saturday).  Still praying we can dodge the radiotherapy if they got all the microscopic bits when they took the tumour out.

Blimey...that puts everything into perspective.....hopefully she will make a full recovery &...as you say......radiotherapy can be avoided.It's incredible what can be achieved, surgery wise, these days, isn't it?

By the way, my son was chatting to someone who knew you, on the train to the game on Saturday....I have it in my mind that he was a West Brom fan, but I'm not 100% sure.

All the best to Mrs. BA during her recuperation.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday 1/11/14