PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £12,500
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: £12,500  (Read 35528 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

ripleym

Re: £12,500
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »

So is that £12,500 per club simply for playing the fixture and being in the highlights?  And that is on top of the potential £18,000 prize money up for grabs?

Can't sniff at that really.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 02:31:42 PM »

So is that £12,500 per club simply for playing the fixture and being in the highlights?  And that is on top of the potential £18,000 prize money up for grabs?

Can't sniff at that really.

There will be a camera at all 8 games  & goals/key incidents will be shown throughout the BBC programme from 1.55pm.
So if Alty score at Blyth at 2.05pm, it will probably be on TV by 2.10pm.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 02:42:40 PM »

Gutted for those that can't make it, it will be better for some and worse for others.

It now renders last nights row about the fireworks party on the Saturday night and "rolling in as the last rocket goes up" pointless.

The crowd will be smaller so will affect our split so this money will help, although on the positive side it will reduce the number of cross Geordies as Newcastle and Sunderland both play on Sunday.

ripleym

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 02:52:44 PM »

If the £12.5k is guaranteed TV revenue, will there perhaps be subsidised travel..?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 02:59:31 PM »

Disgrace.

My train arrives at Newcastle at 11:49 on Saturday.....
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

eightiesrobin

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 03:11:25 PM »

Furious. I'd made sure I wouldn't be working that saturday. Seeing almost live highlights makes no difference. The BBC need a bollocking over this. It's not just about money. You can't go changng dates a week before a game for an audience that couldn't give a toss anyway. I'd like to hear the chairman's input on this.

Pretty sure it said that ties would be played between 7th and 10th November all along, so it was always a possibility.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager that the chairman thinks something along the lines of "£12,500 extra for a game we were playing anyway? Yes please!"

The BBC can pretty much do what they want, as they are paying for the privelige. It would be naive to think otherwise. What did you want them to do? Make a commitment to televise the first 8 games drawn, regardless of the teams involved?

It means that 95% of those who were going are still going, and the club gets on National TV. And an extra £12,500. I can't see what the fuss is about.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:15:56 PM by eightiesrobin »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 03:15:22 PM »

Indeed, we knew before the draw was even made that it would not necessarily be Saturday at 3pm.  There was always a chance that this would happen. 

And I guarantee that if it was played at 3pm on Saturday then there would be people complaining that we'd been snubbed by the BBC and should have had the 12 grand instead of some other team.

I now can't go so annoyed in that respect but the money will help and it is exposure for the club.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 03:24:26 PM »

Disgrace.

My train arrives at Newcastle at 11:49 on Saturday.....

John ring the TOC and theyay change your tickets for a small fee if you say someone's died or something, they say you can't on advanced fares but do sometimes

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 03:27:13 PM »

It's an east coast rewards ticket so it is not changeable.

I had to book it earlier in the week or not at all so I did know there was a possibility of change, not a complete idiot.

Doesn't stop me being pissed off
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 03:27:58 PM »

Furious. I'd made sure I wouldn't be working that saturday. Seeing almost live highlights makes no difference. The BBC need a bollocking over this. It's not just about money. You can't go changng dates a week before a game for an audience that couldn't give a toss anyway. I'd like to hear the chairman's input on this.

Pretty sure it said that ties would be played between 7th and 10th November all along, so it was always a possibility.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager that the chairman thinks something along the lines of "£12,500 extra for a game we were playing anyway? Yes please!"

The BBC can pretty much do what they want, as they are paying for the privelige. It would be naive to think otherwise. What did you want them to do? Make a commitment to televise the first 8 games drawn, regardless of the teams involved?

It means that 95% of those who were going are still going, and the club gets on National TV. And an extra £12,500. I can't see what the fuss is about.

Agree. We all knew it was a possibility and for 12.5k I can put up with it being on Sunday.

roytonmike

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 03:29:41 PM »

I can see the financial point (though I don't accept that it's the be-all and end-all) - and I accept that he who pays the piper (i.e. the BBC) calls the tune, much as I find that tune distasteful. I'll wait until the coach times are published but would say it's 99.9% certain to be too early a departure for me to make; the earliest I can realistically get to Blyth by public transport will be just after kick-off time, and the cost would be prohibitive, so I'm pretty sure I for one won't be going. This saddens me, but I suppose life must go on ... Moan over.  

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 03:31:05 PM »

Even though I will now miss my first cup tie in all competitions for about 8 seasons I welcome the money.

I'll be at the replay!
Full time and proud of it

markecky

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 03:32:31 PM »

I can see the financial point (though I don't accept that it's the be-all and end-all) - and I accept that he who pays the piper (i.e. the BBC) calls the tune, much as I find that tune distasteful. I'll wait until the coach times are published but would say it's 99.9% certain to be too early a departure for me to make; the earliest I can realistically get to Blyth by public transport will be just after kick-off time, and the cost would be prohibitive, so I'm pretty sure I for one won't be going. This saddens me, but I suppose life must go on ... Moan over.  

Mike, just waiting of the hire cost but I can tell you it will leave the Vine at 08:20 and the Ground at 08:40.  

roytonmike

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 03:36:21 PM »

Thanks, Mark - I'm afraid that counts me out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £12,500