PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £12,500
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: £12,500  (Read 35462 times)

ripleym

Re: £12,500
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 03:40:55 PM »

I can see the financial point (though I don't accept that it's the be-all and end-all) - and I accept that he who pays the piper (i.e. the BBC) calls the tune, much as I find that tune distasteful. I'll wait until the coach times are published but would say it's 99.9% certain to be too early a departure for me to make; the earliest I can realistically get to Blyth by public transport will be just after kick-off time, and the cost would be prohibitive, so I'm pretty sure I for one won't be going. This saddens me, but I suppose life must go on ... Moan over.  

Mike, just waiting of the hire cost but I can tell you it will leave the Vine at 08:20 and the Ground at 08:40.  

Ecky, I think my question about subsidised travel has got lost in this thread somewhere!  Do you know if the £12.5k we are guaranteed will stretch to some or even all of the travel cost?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 03:41:23 PM »

It's an east coast rewards ticket so it is not changeable.

I had to book it earlier in the week or not at all so I did know there was a possibility of change, not a complete idiot.

Doesn't stop me being pissed off

Can you try and flog it on gumtree or Somthing and get another or will you book a travel tavern and extend your stay?

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 03:44:03 PM »

Isn't this just the BBC taking the piss. Rather than choose just one potentially tasty tie, they are scared that the larger league team will be 3 up after 20 minutes making the rest of the coverage meaningless and folk will turn off. Meanwhile a whole host of genuine non league supporters are inconvenienced - the very people the early rounds of the cup are supposed to cater to. Wasn't going anyway but for the likes of Rocky, gutting.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 03:47:13 PM »

It's an east coast rewards ticket so it is not changeable.

I had to book it earlier in the week or not at all so I did know there was a possibility of change, not a complete idiot.

Doesn't stop me being pissed off

Can you try and flog it on gumtree or Somthing and get another or will you book a travel tavern and extend your stay?

One option is staying up North but leaving home at 6:45am Sat and returning at 10pm on Sunday has political ramifications......
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

eightiesrobin

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 03:53:51 PM »

Isn't this just the BBC taking the piss. Rather than choose just one potentially tasty tie, they are scared that the larger league team will be 3 up after 20 minutes making the rest of the coverage meaningless and folk will turn off. Meanwhile a whole host of genuine non league supporters are inconvenienced - the very people the early rounds of the cup are supposed to cater to. Wasn't going anyway but for the likes of Rocky, gutting.

Two months ago, I booked a non-returnable one night stay at the Eastleigh travelodge for the game on 4th January. All I can say is, if we get through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup and the game at Eastleigh is called off, I expect full compensation (£29 plus out-of-pocket expenses) and an unreserved apology from the BBC, the FA, Lee Sinnott, and Stubblemelt.

Disgrace.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 03:57:58 PM »

Disgrace.

My train arrives at Newcastle at 11:49 on Saturday.....

How much was your ticket, Rocky?

markecky

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 04:00:21 PM »

I can see the financial point (though I don't accept that it's the be-all and end-all) - and I accept that he who pays the piper (i.e. the BBC) calls the tune, much as I find that tune distasteful. I'll wait until the coach times are published but would say it's 99.9% certain to be too early a departure for me to make; the earliest I can realistically get to Blyth by public transport will be just after kick-off time, and the cost would be prohibitive, so I'm pretty sure I for one won't be going. This saddens me, but I suppose life must go on ... Moan over.  

Mike, just waiting of the hire cost but I can tell you it will leave the Vine at 08:20 and the Ground at 08:40.  

Ecky, I think my question about subsidised travel has got lost in this thread somewhere!  Do you know if the £12.5k we are guaranteed will stretch to some or even all of the travel cost?

Not for me to answer that one mate.

My personal opinion would be that it would be better spent elsewhere.

Of course if it was offered then it would be welcomed although it would be more beneficial to do it for a Saturday league game where we may have struggled to get a coach and entice people with cheaper fares.  We will get a decent coach turnout due to the occasion on Sunday.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 04:07:45 PM »

Disgrace.

My train arrives at Newcastle at 11:49 on Saturday.....

How much was your ticket, Rocky?

It was free but in effect it will now cost me £62 to re-book and double the travel costs to Newcastle to £125.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 04:16:04 PM »

Not so furious now. I've swapped the days.

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 04:20:04 PM »

I wouldnt have been able to make it on the Saturday and neither can I make it on the Sunday. I am bloody furious this game has not been changed to a different weekend. The BBC should not be allowed to keep all dates as originally set.

Gutted.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 04:34:28 PM »

I am so angry  about this steaming in fact

I could not go on Saturday as I have tegan but now I can go I have just sent greg dyke an email fuming

Oh hang on no I can go I am over the bloody moon I have recalled the email to greg and emailed peter Capaldi 

Amazing news :)
ParkINson's red and white army

Jenga

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 04:38:33 PM »

I am so angry  about this steaming in fact

I could not go on Saturday as I have tegan but now I can go I have just sent greg dyke an email fuming

Oh hang on no I can go I am over the bloody moon I have recalled the email to greg and emailed peter Capaldi 

Amazing news :)

Stupid pointless post.

Baldrick

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 04:45:34 PM »

This must be a driving game. The nearest station is 15 miles away from the ground. More evidence that teams who play in green should automatically be relegated to the Haribo Mormon league division seven.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 04:57:34 PM »

I wouldnt have been able to make it on the Saturday and neither can I make it on the Sunday. I am bloody furious this game has not been changed to a different weekend. The BBC should not be allowed to keep all dates as originally set.

Gutted.
truly pathetic can't believe I am wasting 1kb of data replying to it
ParkINson's red and white army

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 06:23:33 PM »

Delighted. I would had been there Saturday or Sunday, but have invites to a couple of events on the Saturday,so can make them now.

Just should we win, I need a home draw for 2nd round.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £12,500