PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £12,500
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: £12,500  (Read 35509 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: £12,500
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »

Isn't this just the BBC taking the piss. Rather than choose just one potentially tasty tie, they are scared that the larger league team will be 3 up after 20 minutes making the rest of the coverage meaningless and folk will turn off. Meanwhile a whole host of genuine non league supporters are inconvenienced - the very people the early rounds of the cup are supposed to cater to. Wasn't going anyway but for the likes of Rocky, gutting.

What makes the FA Cup special to clubs at this level is that it gives them the opportunity to get fame and money that isn't normally there.

Here we are getting national tv coverage, and a fair chunk of money to go with it

You could also argue that they are spreading the coverage and money around more which is pretty good in my view.

Frustrating for those who now can't make it of course.

markecky

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2014, 06:52:51 PM »

Delighted. I would had been there Saturday or Sunday, but have invites to a couple of events on the Saturday,so can make them now.

Just should we win, I need a home draw for 2nd round.

Look at Nasha Palmer-Tomkinson with his invites to a couple of events, life is such a whirl!  ;)

robins1978

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2014, 07:01:58 PM »

Delighted. I would had been there Saturday or Sunday, but have invites to a couple of events on the Saturday,so can make them now.

Just should we win, I need a home draw for 2nd round.

Look at Nasha Palmer-Tomkinson with his invites to a couple of events, life is such a whirl!  ;)
Home in the 2nd round Nasha - don't be silly !!

GB Alty

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2014, 07:10:46 PM »

The £12.5k we get from TV will be lost against the reduced gate receipts we would have got anyway - with a considerably bigger crowd on the Saturday

I think the problem is that the 1st round follows the 4th qual to quickly, to put it in perspective the second round isn't until 6th December

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2014, 07:21:15 PM »

The £12.5k we get from TV will be lost against the reduced gate receipts we would have got anyway - with a considerably bigger crowd on the Saturday. I think the problem is that the 1st round follows the 4th qual to quickly, to put it in perspective the second round isn't until 6th December
Is it being so cheerful that keeps you going?  :)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2014, 07:34:18 PM »

The £12.5k we get from TV will be lost against the reduced gate receipts we would have got anyway - with a considerably bigger crowd on the Saturday

I think the problem is that the 1st round follows the 4th qual to quickly, to put it in perspective the second round isn't until 6th December

Agreed, all advance fares gone.

Judging by the jollity on here many others can just chuck money at the problem  ;)
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2014, 07:35:01 PM »

I don't agree about the loss of gate income versus prize money, but I do agree that the rounds are too close together

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 07:38:13 PM »

I agree that the crowd will be lower. How much lower do you think it might be?

Also, are first round replays about 10 days later as opposed to 3 days in the qualifiers? That might partly explain the bigger gap.

GB Alty

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 07:40:41 PM »

About 1,500 might have been 3,000 on the Saturday

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 07:46:02 PM »

If it is 1500 less then it won't wipe out the £12500 but certainly a big chunk of it. Blyth will lose more because income from.the bar, food and programmes will be less and they would keep all that.

GB Alty

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 08:13:21 PM »

If it is 1500 less then it won't wipe out the £12500 but certainly a big chunk of it. Blyth will lose more because income from.the bar, food and programmes will be less and they would keep all that.
to be fair you can't lose what you've never had

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2014, 08:14:45 PM »

Financialy its better for both clubs. Game atmosphere its worse for both clubs. The latter should suit the away team
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2014, 08:29:32 PM »

If there was 1,500 less at 10 quid a head loss would be 15k or 7.5k each so money wise it's a great result also great exposure for the club if we win

Also we can never say for sure how many would have arrived can't see it having much of an effect on the away attendance to any detriment
ParkINson's red and white army

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 08:37:12 PM »

If there was 1,500 less at 10 quid a head loss would be 15k or 7.5k each so money wise it's a great result also great exposure for the club if we win

Also we can never say for sure how many would have arrived can't see it having much of an effect on the away attendance to any detriment

The gate is only split after all expensives have been covered so could be even lower
@AltyDaz

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 08:51:47 PM »

The gate is only split after all expensives have been covered so could be even lower
Good point forgot about that
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £12,500