PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £12,500
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: £12,500  (Read 35527 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: £12,500
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2014, 11:11:40 PM »

I think some of you are badly overestimating the attendance. Blyths highest attendance this season was 652 against Darlington, i'm guessing a considerable amount of them were Darlington fans. I will be surprised if more than 700 turn up for this.
serious posts only please

Yes because 3,000 is serious. We're Altrincham, not Sheffield United. The whole town won't turn out, just as they didn't last time we played them...
Blyth always get good turn out in the FA cup, please check things out before posting

700 is not a serious suggestion -

If the crowd is anything less than 1000 I will be astonished. I think 1500-2000 at a guess. Who'd have thought we'd get 4500 for the play off final or take 650 to Stockport last season? Blyth can draw numbers for the big occasion and this is a big occasion.

GB Alty

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2014, 11:22:34 PM »

Fully agree Sarf London

Sometimes I think people just like to disagree with me for the sake of it

I don't think in all the time that I have been alive have I ever seen an FA cup 1st round game with a crowd as low as 700

But we will see at Blyth, remember we not Sheffield United????

bighairedmike

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2014, 11:43:25 PM »

Fully agree Sarf London

I don't think in all the time that I have been alive have I ever seen an FA cup 1st round game with a crowd as low as 700

I never said we'd see a crowd of 700. I didn't give any guess as to what it would be, but it sure as he'll wouldn't be 3,000.

For what it's with I reckon it'll be about 1450 with about 300 or so Alty.

GB Alty

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2014, 11:48:11 PM »

Fully agree Sarf London

I never said we'd see a crowd of 700. I didn't give any guess as to what it would be, but it sure as he'll wouldn't be 3,000.

well I said 1,500 so what's your point? Other than trying to create a pointless argument

bighairedmike

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2014, 02:40:01 AM »

Fully agree Sarf London

well I said 1,500 so what's your point? Other than trying to create a pointless argument

I believe it would have been more or less the same if the game was on a Saturday. Possibly 200 more on a Saturday. My point is 3000 is a ridiculous suggestion.

Just remember the points you want to Jamie, that's all a good pointless argument needs isn't it?!

GB Alty

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2014, 02:11:42 PM »

Fully agree Sarf London

I believe it would have been more or less the same if the game was on a Saturday. Possibly 200 more on a Saturday. My point is 3000 is a ridiculous suggestion.

Just remember the points you want to Jamie, that's all a good pointless argument needs isn't it?!
Last time Blyth were at home in the 1st round was 2011 - the crowd was 2,763 against a conference club - check your history Warren before saying my posts are ridiculous

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2014, 02:47:52 PM »

[/quote]Last time Blyth were at home in the 1st round was 2011 - the crowd was 2,763 against a conference club - check your history Warren before saying my posts are ridiculous
[/quote]

Against Gateshead! I think the date, the semi live Tv arrangements and Newcastle playing the same day, probably on TV will hit the gate, I'd still expect 1500+ though.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2014, 03:15:56 PM »

Massive gateshead following that day, although jamie is correct about blyth turning out for the fa cup, I personally think the sunday works in our favour, let's hope the good 200 that went to barwell and more get up to blyth

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g1cCsz3-vMY

Jimmy

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2014, 04:37:03 PM »

Being on Sunday will knock a big chunk of the crowd with Newcastle and Sunderland playing however not as much as we gain from Being on tv I think it's a dull day out when we were to play them Saturday same as Sunday but more importantly it's a game we should win the draw has been kind

thegazelle

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2014, 09:36:17 PM »

Massive gateshead following that day, although jamie is correct about blyth turning out for the fa cup, I personally think the sunday works in our favour, let's hope the good 200 that went to barwell and more get up to blyth

"Non leagues most famous cup fighters " !!! my considerable feckin arse

viennaalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2014, 10:33:52 PM »

Just going back to the original link to the twitter message and the reference to "live overseas" coverage...does anybody have any more information on this? Is there a possibility of a live feed directly from the game that can be picked up online? Just seems strange that anywhere outside of the UK is going to be watching the FA cup 1st round.

Hamilton

« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2014, 10:37:31 PM »

Why do we never seem to get the recognition of being one of the most famous non league cup fighters? I've noticed its always the Herefords, Suttons and Blyth Spartans of this world who get acknowledged on, for instance, the BBC.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2014, 11:03:33 PM »

Why do we never seem to get the recognition of being one of the most famous non league cup fighters? I've noticed its always the Herefords, Suttons and Blyth Spartans of this world who get acknowledged on, for instance, the BBC.
My sentiments exactly Hammy. The win over Birmingham back in the 80s is never mentioned

eightiesrobin

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2014, 11:25:16 PM »

To be fair, it was nearly 29 years ago. We're not the only team whose FA Cup record is forgotten. Telford were as successful, certainly in the 1980s. Yeovil too, though they are forgotten because they are not a non-league club now.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2014, 11:29:44 PM »

And, the win at Birmingham preceded the age where everything is preserved for posterity. I would love to see the highlights, but apart from some very grainy footage of the goals on You tube, I don't believe they exist. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £12,500