PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Question for alty tv
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Question for alty tv  (Read 5848 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Question for alty tv
« on: October 30, 2014, 08:56:06 PM »

If we get a draw in the fa cup or get to the second round at home and the BBC were covering it would you be allowed to film it if they had the rights?

Just curious
ParkINson's red and white army

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Question for alty tv
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 09:20:19 PM »

If we get a draw in the fa cup or get to the second round at home and the BBC were covering it would you be allowed to film it if they had the rights?

Just curious

I think we could still film it but only for the Conference rule that all games must be filmed
@AltyDaz

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 09:23:20 PM »

Just curious

I think we could still film it but only for the Conference rule that all games must be filmed
thanks for that
ParkINson's red and white army

GB Alty

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 09:23:28 PM »

Just curious

its wouldn't be a conference game

And wouldn't the BBC own all the rights to the footage?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 09:57:51 PM »

Just curious

its wouldn't be a conference game

And wouldn't the BBC own all the rights to the footage?

I think the FA require them to be filmed as well at this stage but i could be wrong
@AltyDaz

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 11:22:38 PM »

Unlike the Conference Competition rules, the FA Cup Competition rules don't demand that match day videos be made available to away teams and match officials after the game.

The FA Cup competition rules (rule 2 if you're really interested) are a bit of a mess of legal jargon but basically asserts the Football Associations right to authorise or grant others to broadcast footage (and radio coverage) of cup matches. In other words, the FA hold the copyright but sell the rights to broadcast (at least thats the way I read it).

Last time I looked in to this in depth was before the Burton Albion replay. I'm sure I read somewhere that it was ok to film matches for the clubs purposes but this couldn't be put on the internet for a certain number of days after the match (can't find this in this years rules though). I had a good chat with ESPN's producer a few days prior to the match to ask if he objected to Alty TV filming. He was very pleasant but was concerned that equipment other than their own might get in the way of their carefully planned sight-lines (they had brought several million pounds of equipment with them to be fair).  At the last minute, he found a suitable spot for me to film but it was a bit late by then. (the sub-contracted company who filmed this was called SIS who provided me with an incredible insight to professional outside broadcasting).

So in answer, we could film but have to provide suitable access to the contracted broadcaster and not get in their way!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 11:31:23 PM »

Hmmmm ??

So what happens to Radio Robins broadcasts if that Fat Pratt Alan Green turns up to do a Radio commentary ?

We'd have to get the TV/Radio Gantry strengthened no doubt ?

and would Radio Robins be allowed to provide commentary at away FA Cup ties ?

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 11:37:48 PM »

Here's the competition rule in question:

2. CONTROL OF COMPETITION - COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS
(a) In relation to each match in the Competition, The Association shall itself be exclusively entitled to, or otherwise to authorise or grant to others, rights of access to and attendance at the ground of the Home Club (“Access Rights”) for the purposes of transmitting or filming or otherwise recording on or by any media, any audio and/or visual materials depicting or describing all or any part or parts of a match (the “Copyright Materials”).
(b) In relation to each match in the Competition, The Association shall itself be exclusively entitled throughout the world, or to grant to or otherwise authorise others:
(i) on a live, delayed, recorded or highlighted basis to broadcast or otherwise transmit by any method whatsoever (now known or hereinafter devised) the Copyright Materials by way of any and all forms of television or similar technology (now known or hereinafter devised) including, without limitation, free to air television, pay television, pay per view, “not-video-on-demand” internet or other on-line media and “video-on-demand” (the “Television Rights”).
(ii) on a live or delayed basis to broadcast or to otherwise transmit the Copyright Materials (or audio) by way of radio broadcast or internet, or other on-line media or similar technology (now known or hereinafter devised) (the “Radio Rights”).
(iii) to use, sell, publish, distribute and otherwise exploit the Copyright Materials in any manner whatsoever including, without limitation, clip licensing, videos, videograms, CD Rom, CDI, internet or other on-line media (the “Footage Rights”).

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 11:41:08 PM »

Hmmmm ??

So what happens to Radio Robins broadcasts if that Fat Pratt Alan Green turns up to do a Radio commentary ?

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Alan Green is a category A pratt  :D

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 11:41:35 PM »

Here's the competition rule in question:

2. CONTROL OF COMPETITION - COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS
(a) In relation to each match in the Competition, The Association shall itself be exclusively entitled to, or otherwise to authorise or grant to others, rights of access to and attendance at the ground of the Home Club (“Access Rights”) for the purposes of transmitting or filming or otherwise recording on or by any media, any audio and/or visual materials depicting or describing all or any part or parts of a match (the “Copyright Materials”).
(b) In relation to each match in the Competition, The Association shall itself be exclusively entitled throughout the world, or to grant to or otherwise authorise others:
(i) on a live, delayed, recorded or highlighted basis to broadcast or otherwise transmit by any method whatsoever (now known or hereinafter devised) the Copyright Materials by way of any and all forms of television or similar technology (now known or hereinafter devised) including, without limitation, free to air television, pay television, pay per view, “not-video-on-demand” internet or other on-line media and “video-on-demand” (the “Television Rights”).
(ii) on a live or delayed basis to broadcast or to otherwise transmit the Copyright Materials (or audio) by way of radio broadcast or internet, or other on-line media or similar technology (now known or hereinafter devised) (the “Radio Rights”).
(iii) to use, sell, publish, distribute and otherwise exploit the Copyright Materials in any manner whatsoever including, without limitation, clip licensing, videos, videograms, CD Rom, CDI, internet or other on-line media (the “Footage Rights”).

I'll take that as a No then, unless we cough up some no doubt extortionate licence fee ?

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 11:43:08 PM »

Hmmmm ??

I seem to recall that it was Sir Alex Ferguson who first came up with the assessment

Hamilton

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 08:07:33 AM »

Hmmmm ??

I seem to recall that it was Sir Alex Ferguson who first came up with the assessment

and innumerable pundits on FT316!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 08:40:24 AM »

Don't worry, once Flynnie and his team have got in the gantry I will hide the ladder. That way scuttling any chance of the Beeb hijacking the Radio Robins broadcast.  ;)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 08:48:45 AM »

Hmmmm ??

Please please not Alan Green. The man with a Liverpool bias.

Alty Rock God

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 01:29:28 PM »

Don't worry, once Flynnie and his team have got in the gantry I will hide the ladder. That way scuttling any chance of the Beeb hijacking the Radio Robins broadcast.  ;)

You might have to dismantle the full staircase at the back of the gantry too...
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Question for alty tv