PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I've spoken to no one
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: I've spoken to no one  (Read 19881 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
I've spoken to no one
« on: November 01, 2014, 04:59:51 PM »

That understands how or why we changed our formation? Worst showing of the season
PS get gillespie out on loan, miles off the pace

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I've spoken to no one
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »

I can never get that 90 minutes of my life back
ParkINson's red and white army

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 05:06:01 PM »

Why is Gillespie still at the club? If he can't get in the team over Kyle Perry in game like today then he needs moving on. Perry is awful, truely woeful but Gillespie's lack of energy and effort when he comes on is unacceptable. Don't undertand why Williams has lost his place either? A player that moves the ball forward instead of from side to side. Baffled by the Sinnott's decisions. Horrible performance all round.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 05:13:36 PM »

Utterly dire.

A bright start and Lawrie (I think it was him) missed an absolute sitter of an unmarked header from about 6 yards. We look good, they get a corner and bang 1-0 and after that the confidence surged through them and we seemed to get progressively worse. Topped off at the end with the most predictable Alty penalty miss I've seen since Colin Little in his last game against Cambridge a few years ago.

Make no mistake, Alfreton are not a good side and we made them look one.  They also seemed quicker to press us and fitter, especially concerning given they played midweek and we didn't. I think the return of Griffin will help us a lot and restore balance to the defence (and he does need to come straight back in) but further forward our passing was very poor, we only have one forward who is capable of scoring and Nicky Clee injured again. Doom and gloom tonight I'm afraid.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 05:16:26 PM »

Desperately need an injection of pace on loan, be it on the wing or upfront, we are totally pedestrian

Bath Alty

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 05:17:25 PM »

I agree with Radio Robins team that the 11 men back for a corner routine is ridiculous.  Firstly the man who can make the most use of space in the box at a corner is the keeper who can come and collect the ball, secondly every other corner results in a follow up attack from the ball being cleared and having no-one who can get to it so they automatically get a second bite at the cherry.  It's madness.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 05:40:16 PM »

You've got to give credit to Alfreton for closing down everything with two or even sometimes three players around the Altrincham man. We never really put their goalkeeper under pressure. One save at the feet at of Sean Densmore and the penalty were the only real work he had all afternoon. If ever there was a game to show much we miss (a player of the calibre of) James Walshaw that was it.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 06:00:02 PM »

A very poor performance in a dreadful game. 

Followed a worrying pattern of start quite brightly, miss a decent chance ( Lawries header which wasn't easy I know) then concede allowing the away team to settle.

The long passes were too long, the short passes didn't go to feet.  We can play so much better than that.

Unless there is a reason we don't know then it was a mistake to change back to the 4-4-2 formation that wasn't working for us.  Although it sounds a bit negative to have one up front at home it was working for us well.

We've got off lightly with other results but we have to win those games to allow for the away defeats to the clubs we have to expect defeat at.

A sh*t day.  Now need to battle at Lincoln.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 06:00:27 PM »

As depressing a game as one could hope to see.

Regarding the defence:

I agree that Griffin must come back. Poor Scott Leather has played 12 of his 17 games this season out of position. I don't think I've seen anyone play at left back look so ill-at-ease.
I think I'm not the only one who hoped we'd seen the last of Tom Marshall after the Welling game, but fate has conspired against us.

Regarding the forwards:

Saying Kyle Perry is awful is like banging one's head against a brick wall. Everyone knows he is awful, except LS and perhaps a couple of  posters on the forum. His first touch is average, his second non-existent. His shot is powder-puff for a man his size.

Damien hasn't scored in 9 league games (when did that last happen?), not for want of trying. Gillespie's penalty miss sums up his Altrincham career so far. I haven't seen him do anything since he hit the bar against Lincoln. This team scored 95 league goals last year, and without something changing, will be lucky to score 40 this.

I know I've talked about this before, and got laughed at, but you can almost guarantee writing off any game in which we go 1-0 down.

In 2014, we have gone 1-0 down on 21 occasions. Of those 21 games, 2 were won (Brackley and Hednesford), 5 were drawn and 14 lost. This season makes for even more depressing reading - 1 draw and 10 defeats in 11 games.

Compare this to the 20 games in which we scored first: in 2014 18 wins, 2 draws , no defeats. This season - 5 wins, 1 draw, 0 defeats.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 06:04:17 PM by eightiesrobin »

Ashley Alty

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 06:05:40 PM »

We'd have been solid mid table had we won today.  Let's get something at Lincoln  ;D

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 06:18:58 PM »

We'd have been solid mid table had we won today.  Let's get something at Lincoln  ;D

...and the frustration is we capable of doing just that.

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 06:22:24 PM »

I think going back to 4 4 2 was an overconfidence and a lack of respect to alfreton however sinnott has got a lot right lately so won't knock him to much today also like to see Williams back although a few bad passes added energy when he came on

eightiesrobin

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 06:25:21 PM »

I think going back to 4 4 2 was an overconfidence and a lack of respect to alfreton however sinnott has got a lot right lately so won't knock him to much today also like to see Williams back although a few bad passes added energy when he came on

Williams makes several bad passes most games. He has energy but looks out of his depth to me.

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 06:28:56 PM »

Fair point but to me better than richman and cav

brian1925

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 06:39:15 PM »

Contrary to most people on this thread, I don't think the problem was 442 today. We should be taking the game to Alfreton at home, but not with Kyle Perry as a starter! He's very effective at what he does when he comes on later in the game, but I've never, I repeat NEVER seen him contribute when he starts the game - a weird call by Lee.
Now, this won't be popular, but I'll say it anyway, but having watched Nicky play at Alty for so long now, you can just tell when he's not a bit arsed. Even my dad predicted he wanted to get subbed way before he actually was. I wish the bloke could just do us all a favour and tell the boss if he can't be arsed. He gave the ball away umpteen times, before he thankfully departed.
Lee, please please please, if you know one of your four defenders is going to be out for a month, just bring in a short term replacement on loan. Marshall at CB and Scott at LB DOES NOT BLOODY WORK!!!
Well done to Jake, who kept going in a crap team against crap opposition and well done to Shaun Densmore and Luca who did likewise.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I've spoken to no one