PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I've spoken to no one
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: I've spoken to no one  (Read 19948 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: I've spoken to no one
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2014, 07:20:21 PM »

Few positives today..........at the end of the game the Alfreton players were celebrating like they had just beaten Derby County in FA Cup Third Round........I don't think they could believe what an easy ride they had today

Too many here on the wage bill who are not contributing enough value to justifying keeping them........beat Blyth and use most of the money to freshen things up or we run a serious risk of seeing Flyde overtake us and having to visit Lowestoft next season
To be fair Stuart Coburn over celebrates after every win

It's with real sadness that we not half the team we were last season - all the new players are average at best

Every win we get in the Conference National is huge. Can understand limited celebration in the North but win a match in this league and you should be happy about it.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2014, 07:21:15 PM »

It's weird how Kyle Perry is "dog sh*t" when we lose. It's funny how both Nicky and Damien seem to get away without a mention when their contribution is zero. Correct me if I am wrong, but did either of them do bloody anything today? Play a different record Uday.
Kyle Perry is dog sh*t win lose or draw - yes blame our 2 best players, one of which only played first 20 minutes

Attitudes like yours is why Kyle played so many games last season, which cost us winning the league

That is utter bollocks  ;D

Jimmy

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2014, 07:22:45 PM »

It's weird how Kyle Perry is "dog sh*t" when we lose. It's funny how both Nicky and Damien seem to get away without a mention when their contribution is zero. Correct me if I am wrong, but did either of them do bloody anything today? Play a different record Uday.
Maybe Damien scoring over 100 goals and clee being our most creative player in 5 years give the leeway to be fair

GB Alty

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2014, 07:29:48 PM »

Maybe Damien scoring over 100 goals and clee being our most creative player in 5 years give the leeway to be fair
Spot on

brian1925

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2014, 07:30:14 PM »

Oh that's okay then Jimmy. They can be invisible all season then.

GB Alty

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2014, 07:31:51 PM »

Oh that's okay then Jimmy. They can be invisible all season then.
Get a grip

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2014, 07:40:30 PM »

Cut the abuse. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, even if you don't share it.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2014, 07:42:33 PM »

I was running late and missed Lawrie's header, but it was awful today. You have bad days at the office, but we are having these days too often against sides we need to get results against (Welling,Southport and Nuneaton being other examples).

As someone else has said,it will be great to get Griffin back in and bring some balance to the defence. On a number of occasions today I noticed Cav tracking back as Leather was losing his position.

Gillespie - It was a risk when we signed him as we knew he was injury prone,but has a proven Football League record. For him I think he needs game time to regain confidence,and a loan move would suit everyone.

Pick ourselves up and go again. After the despondency from Welling we picked up 10 from 15. A similar return wouldn't be bad.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

brian1925

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2014, 07:44:18 PM »

And back in the world of constructive criticism... both Alfreton strikers, Clayton and McDonald I think. They were very very limited strikers at this level, but what they did well was they never stopped working, particularly off the ball. Even I applauded McDonald off because he hassled and harried our centre backs throughout and what I would say to BOTH, yes BOTH Kyle and Damien is, watch that match through again and check out the work rate of those two lads and if they can even put in half as much effort in our next match it may make a difference.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 08:05:35 PM »

Are Alfreton not fulltime?

This may explain why they looked fitter? Personally I thought Damo, worked bloody hard. KP was just his usual self.

Damo is getting no service in the 6 yard box hence his goals have dried up in my opinion.

I would release Gillesbie and Crowther.

brian1925

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2014, 08:50:53 PM »

It's a difficult one with Crowther. He's one of the few players we have who can really take a full back on, but like one or two others he does tend to spend a lot of time out. Does anybody know when he will be back?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2014, 08:51:22 PM »

Yeh agree about crowther needing to go too. The lad is talented but never fit, can't afford to carry passengers. Him, Gillespie, kyle and Marshall need to go and some need blood brought in. Sadly, I think we all know that there is more chance of winning the euromillions than this happening.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2014, 08:54:26 PM »

Please let us not forget that whilst Griffin has been absent for 3 games we have conceded only one goal. Don't  the back four deserve a pat on the back for that, whatever your thoughts on Marshall's ablity or Scott being out of position. The problem is the 6 in front of them and the inter passing between them.

For starters, I would start Williams ahead of Cavanagh and replace Perry. He shouldn't be at the club and as for him being an "impact sub" I need to look up the definition of impact. Without checking the Oxford dictionary I think it  means the kinetic  energy wasted when you hit the  deck when it would have been easier to stay on your feet. A  cameo role at Halifax does not make him worthy of an Alty shirt.

As for Crowther and Gillespie I dont see how we can expect them to shine when their total game time amounts to three fifths of diddly squat. I'm surprised they know their teammates' names. If they had been given as much game time as Perry they would have been able to develop a much better understanding with each other and with the rest of the team. Players that have started barely adequately but have improved because of continued selection include Griffin, Richman and Lawrie. I think Gillespie and Crowther deserve that same consideration. Perry has proved that no matter how much time you give him, he will always be a waste of a clean strip.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2014, 09:20:54 PM »

Yeh agree about crowther needing to go too. The lad is talented but never fit, can't afford to carry passengers. Him, Gillespie, kyle and Marshall need to go and some need blood brought in. Sadly, I think we all know that there is more chance of winning the euromillions than this happening.

Never going to happen. Lee has made some truly baffling decisions in the past 12 months.

Signing Wilkinson and letting him play for 20 minutes a month.
Signing Gillespie and letting him play for 45 minutes a month
Signing an overweight rock band
Dropping Walshaw  (more than once!)
Dropping Reeves (more than once!)
Dropping Luca  (admittedly this only happened once, but it may be that Marshall's sending-off is the reason for that)
Signing Parton and dropping him as soon as he could, when he got concussion
Re-signing the entire squad five minutes after the playoff win, including a man injured for 9 months.

markecky

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2014, 09:40:11 PM »

Please let us not forget that whilst Griffin has been absent for 3 games we have conceded only one goal. Don't  the back four deserve a pat on the back for that, whatever your thoughts on Marshall's ablity or Scott being out of position. The problem is the 6 in front of them and the inter passing between them.

For starters, I would start Williams ahead of Cavanagh and replace Perry. He shouldn't be at the club and as for him being an "impact sub" I need to look up the definition of impact. Without checking the Oxford dictionary I think it  means the kinetic  energy wasted when you hit the  deck when it would have been easier to stay on your feet. A  cameo role at Halifax does not make him worthy of an Alty shirt.

As for Crowther and Gillespie I dont see how we can expect them to shine when their total game time amounts to three fifths of diddly squat. I'm surprised they know their teammates' names. If they had been given as much game time as Perry they would have been able to develop a much better understanding with each other and with the rest of the team. Players that have started barely adequately but have improved because of continued selection include Griffin, Richman and Lawrie. I think Gillespie and Crowther deserve that same consideration. Perry has proved that no matter how much time you give him, he will always be a waste of a clean strip.

Some good points, I used the wrong term in impact sub as I didn't mean that.  What I meant was he has a role to play in coming on as a sub.

He doesn't get enough goals but he is capable of scoring. 

He is an excellent player to bring on with 15-20 mins to go to hold it up and frustrate the opposition into giving away silly free kicks or getting booked or sent off.  His equaliser at Alfreton was timely and his goal at Barwell settled things nicely.    He gets very little credit at all on here ( although I have heard people not on here say it ) for some of the balls he plays.   People only focus on the negatives, the pass that went astray or the ball he didn't chase as he knew he wouldn't get it.  I don't want him to start games but in a club of our size where we aren't going to have superstars on the bench he will do for me.  Just my opinion.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I've spoken to no one