PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I've spoken to no one
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: I've spoken to no one  (Read 19897 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I've spoken to no one
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2014, 11:55:34 PM »

To be fair Stuart Coburn over celebrates after every win

Yeah, it's well over the top for a club legend to be happy about winning and celebrate with the fans.

::)

Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2014, 12:05:54 AM »

Oh that's okay then Jimmy. They can be invisible all season then.
Bit harsh on reeves I think Brian calling him invisible when we are only in November and he has scored 8 goals in a struggling side

Jimmy

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2014, 12:10:10 AM »

Please let us not forget that whilst Griffin has been absent for 3 games we have conceded only one goal. Don't  the back four deserve a pat on the back for that, whatever your thoughts on Marshall's ablity or Scott being out of position. The problem is the 6 in front of them and the inter passing between them.

For starters, I would start Williams ahead of Cavanagh and replace Perry. He shouldn't be at the club and as for him being an "impact sub" I need to look up the definition of impact. Without checking the Oxford dictionary I think it  means the kinetic  energy wasted when you hit the  deck when it would have been easier to stay on your feet. A  cameo role at Halifax does not make him worthy of an Alty shirt.

As for Crowther and Gillespie I dont see how we can expect them to shine when their total game time amounts to three fifths of diddly squat. I'm surprised they know their teammates' names. If they had been given as much game time as Perry they would have been able to develop a much better understanding with each other and with the rest of the team. Players that have started barely adequately but have improved because of continued selection include Griffin, Richman and Lawrie. I think Gillespie and Crowther deserve that same consideration. Perry has proved that no matter how much time you give him, he will always be a waste of a clean strip.
Don't go over the top about 1 goal in 3 conceded Braintree and alfreton are awfull and barwell 2 leagues lower

taxi Phil

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2014, 01:34:11 AM »

Lee Sinnott wants to put a smile on people's faces. He certainly put one on Nicky Law's face after this debacle.

Given that I missed the Barnet game, this was simply the worst performance by an entire team that I've seen this season. I'm still going to Lincoln.....maybe my sanity has gone.

brian1925

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2014, 07:02:38 AM »

I don't want to have a go at Reevesy Jimmy, the man is a living legend at our club. However, I don't think that it's a coincidence that his goals have dried up since we changed our formation. Abandoning the two up front (until yesterday when we clearly chose the wrong two starting strikers) and playing James a bit deeper behind the main striker means that Damian needs to work that extra bit harder - which he doesn't. The man is a poacher, not a grafter.  I think what it means is that if we want to change our formation to play weaker sides we probably don't have the personnel at our club to pull it off, so we come back to bringing in an extra body or two up front on loan, particularly while Crowther is out.

Jimmy

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2014, 07:45:19 AM »

Fair point to me I'd just not play 4 4 2 Damien will score less but that's a price to pay because playing 4 5  1 will keep us up I do agree we lack pace anyway and if possible new forward winger be good

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2014, 08:18:52 AM »

Contrary to most people on this thread, I don't think the problem was 442 today. We should be taking the game to Alfreton at home, but not with Kyle Perry as a starter! He's very effective at what he does when he comes on later in the game, but I've never, I repeat NEVER seen him contribute when he starts the game - a weird call by Lee.
Now, this won't be popular, but I'll say it anyway, but having watched Nicky play at Alty for so long now, you can just tell when he's not a bit arsed. Even my dad predicted he wanted to get subbed way before he actually was. I wish the bloke could just do us all a favour and tell the boss if he can't be arsed. He gave the ball away umpteen times, before he thankfully departed.
Lee, please please please, if you know one of your four defenders is going to be out for a month, just bring in a short term replacement on loan. Marshall at CB and Scott at LB DOES NOT BLOODY WORK!!!
Well done to Jake, who kept going in a crap team against crap opposition and well done to Shaun Densmore and Luca who did likewise.

I replied to the Clee attack yesterday but removed the post on request from admin, so I'll tone it down.

If you think Clee wasn't arsed, you are way off the mark. Aside from the fact he went to A&E with a suspected broken toe, I thought he was our most creative player for the 25 minuets he was on the pitch. it certainly looked that way for the dour 65 minuets when he wasn't.

If you really don't think he's arsed when we lose or he's had a sh*tter of a game go in the bar and ask him. I'm sure he'll put you straight.
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2014, 08:26:03 AM »

Good post Stockport unfortunately he is one of only 3 maybe 4 players the fans can chat to over a pint

brian1925

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2014, 09:20:14 AM »

In much the same way as Reevesy I'd hate Nicky to play for any other club. My one-year old daughter sings the Nicky Clee song for goodness sake! But it doesn't alter the fact that he IS our most creative player and he IS human, so sometimes he just doesn't look up for the fight to me. Yesterday was one of those occasions. I think he took one look at their very decent full back and thought, no thanks.
Of course, the point I'm trying to make is that when we lose it is always the same players who are blamed on here and that's just bloody lazy. We were collectively awful yesterday and that is hopefully how the game will be reported.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2014, 09:25:07 AM »

We lost today because we expected to win.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2014, 10:46:48 AM »

We lost today because we expected to win.

I think we lost yesterday because of a combination of an unnecessary formation change that hampered us from the start and left us unable to really change things and too many poor individual performances across the team. 

I doubt many players will have have been pleased with their contribution yesterday.

Liam Watson said a few weeks back that league clubs only want to give you kids these days.  I think a promising youngster with pace would be just what we needed.  Someone who just goes at people. Aside from yesterday we pass it well but sometimes we don't give the opposition enough to worry about.  One or two fresh faces are needed to liven things up a bit.

As poor as yesterday was, it's not all doom and gloom just yet.

Jimmy

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2014, 11:06:27 AM »

We have done a lot right recently but I think toffee apple is right we expected towin hence the change formation we showed them less respect than we shown Braintree

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2014, 11:17:38 AM »

I'll give Perry and Marshall their due, at least they are up for the fight and want to play, unlike Crowther and Gillespie who are just malingering.

We badly need reinforcements.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2014, 11:28:13 AM »

Gillespie and Crowther are fast becoming this season's Twiss/Bowler type players. There is no room here for passengers and we all know what happened at the end of our first season with Twiss in the squad.

It's very worrying indeed.
Come on Alty!

GB Alty

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2014, 12:09:32 PM »

Gillespie and Crowther are fast becoming this season's Twiss/Bowler type players. There is no room here for passengers and we all know what happened at the end of our first season with Twiss in the squad.

It's very worrying indeed.
Dreadful signings
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I've spoken to no one