PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I've spoken to no one
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: I've spoken to no one  (Read 19794 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I've spoken to no one
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2014, 12:50:09 PM »

Please let us not forget that whilst Griffin has been absent for 3 games we have conceded only one goal. Don't  the back four deserve a pat on the back for that, whatever your thoughts on Marshall's ablity or Scott being out of position. The problem is the 6 in front of them and the inter passing between them.

For starters, I would start Williams ahead of Cavanagh and replace Perry. He shouldn't be at the club and as for him being an "impact sub" I need to look up the definition of impact. Without checking the Oxford dictionary I think it  means the kinetic  energy wasted when you hit the  deck when it would have been easier to stay on your feet. A  cameo role at Halifax does not make him worthy of an Alty shirt.

As for Crowther and Gillespie I dont see how we can expect them to shine when their total game time amounts to three fifths of diddly squat. I'm surprised they know their teammates' names. If they had been given as much game time as Perry they would have been able to develop a much better understanding with each other and with the rest of the team. Players that have started barely adequately but have improved because of continued selection include Griffin, Richman and Lawrie. I think Gillespie and Crowther deserve that same consideration. Perry has proved that no matter how much time you give him, he will always be a waste of a clean strip.

Some good points, I used the wrong term in impact sub as I didn't mean that.  What I meant was he has a role to play in coming on as a sub.

He doesn't get enough goals but he is capable of scoring. 

He is an excellent player to bring on with 15-20 mins to go to hold it up and frustrate the opposition into giving away silly free kicks or getting booked or sent off.  His equaliser at Alfreton was timely and his goal at Barwell settled things nicely.    He gets very little credit at all on here ( although I have heard people not on here say it ) for some of the balls he plays.   People only focus on the negatives, the pass that went astray or the ball he didn't chase as he knew he wouldn't get it.  I don't want him to start games but in a club of our size where we aren't going to have superstars on the bench he will do for me.  Just my opinion.

Always respect your thoughts Ecky but I can't agree on Kyle, if he even tried and gave his all then I'll be less critical but he is so lazy. To survive this league we can't have any passengers, because we simply aren't good enough. There will be keener, fitter and quicker lads in lower divisions that would jump at the chance to play for Alty and who would have more of an impact than Perry.  It's not just because he is poor but lazy that I dislike.  Everyone has the right to have their opinion but we are carrying 5-6 players and I don't want to go back down to th tin pot league when a few tweaks and new faces would put us around mid table or just below.

GB Alty

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2014, 01:55:23 PM »

I'll give Perry and Marshall their due, at least they are up for the fight and want to play, unlike Crowther and Gillespie who are just malingering.

We badly need reinforcements.
Disagree about Perry and Marshall - their dire and have no place at the club, if we want to stay up

They weren't good enough last season - so how they can be this season is beyond me

eightiesrobin

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2014, 02:03:55 PM »

First 9 games of the season, we scored 12 goals, 7 of them from Damien. In only 1 of those 9 games did we fail to score.

The next 9 league games of the season we have scored 5 goals, 0 from Damien. We have failed to score in 6 of those 9 games. Take away the Halifax game and we have scored 2 goals in 8 games.

This is not a dig at Damien, I think he is the dog's. You just can't rely on one man to score everything.

I can't see things getting any better until something changes.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2014, 02:08:39 PM »

We lost today because we expected to win.

I think we lost yesterday because of a combination of an unnecessary formation change that hampered us from the start and left us unable to really change things and too many poor individual performances across the team. 

I doubt many players will have have been pleased with their contribution yesterday.

Liam Watson said a few weeks back that league clubs only want to give you kids these days.  I think a promising youngster with pace would be just what we needed.  Someone who just goes at people. Aside from yesterday we pass it well but sometimes we don't give the opposition enough to worry about.  One or two fresh faces are needed to liven things up a bit.

As poor as yesterday was, it's not all doom and gloom just yet.

I agree, I think a young lad who is keen to impress would be a shot in the arm. Someone who hasn't seen his dreams of stardom yet crushed, who can play with a bit of freedom.

GB Alty

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2014, 02:08:58 PM »

First 9 games of the season, we scored 12 goals, 7 of them from Damien. In only 1 of those 9 games did we fail to score.

The next 9 league games of the season we have scored 5 goals, 0 from Damien. We have failed to score in 6 of those 9 games. Take away the Halifax game and we have scored 2 goals in 8 games.

This is not a dig at Damien, I think he is the dog's. You just can't rely on one man to score everything.

Thing is we have no one good enough to partner him - anyway if we play 442 we will go down, not strong enough in midfield, even against the likes of Alfreton who were poor

eightiesrobin

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »

I agree, plan B required.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2014, 10:59:06 AM »

Anyone know the stats for goals conceded this season from corners - as it seems that we concede every single time.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2014, 11:21:37 PM »

Anyone know the stats for goals conceded this season from corners - as it seems that we concede every single time.

From every single corner or once per game  :-\

For me when we play against the 'bigger' teams in this division, it is madness to bring every single player back into the 18 yard box - it just allows them to put all their big men in the box and leave the one 4ft 10" winger on the half way line. It also allows them to surround Stuart and restrict his movement....
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2014, 07:39:40 PM »

In other words, the teams we're playing now have worked us out. If DR is stopped we're pretty toothless. It just demonstrates the professionalism of this league over the Conf North. We've been scouted thoroughly by the opposition. Just a point, do we do the same (can we even afford to?)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I've spoken to no one