News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I should have took a two hour dump!

Author Topic: I should have took a two hour dump!  (Read 4852 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 01, 2014, 05:58:42 PM »

I feel like cutting and pasting my post from a few weeks ago because I am going to sound like a parrot but until Lee gets the basics right then I will keep posting.

That game is why I will never ever totally warm to Lee Sinnott as a Manager. He could argue that he selected a weaker team for rotation and freshen it up but these are our three point games. Alfreton were awful but we were a disgrace.

I am not naive to think we should be getting results every week but that was complete and utter garbage and it was down to tactics and having no tempo or passion yet AGAIN.

We lost that game after the 20th minute and how it took the clueless bloke to make changes ten mins before the end baffles me. Not surprised Gillespie missed but you can’t get into a game unless you have a decent 15 mins plus. Before some idiot mentions the Richman sub, that was made due to injury.

Now time to repeat myself :-

Perry wasn’t even Conference North standard and he looks worst than a Sunday league pub team player in this league. He wouldn’t touch the ball with my Sunday team, I swear I am not taking the mick, because the pitches are smaller and compact he wouldn’t touch it because he does not move. Never on the front foot, never in the correct area, shy’s away from supporting on throw ins. Can not retain the ball, well over weight and unfit. How many managers would play him?????????? There will be sooooo many better strikers in the leagues below. Get rid, waste of player and money.

Lawrie is a central only player, very intelligence behind the striker but not at all intelligent on the wing. He drifts inside far too often and when we play Kyle we end up hitting long balls and don’t ever get anywhere in the centre of the pitch. Lawrie drifting in makes the area ‘too busy’ and we always lose it. Our best chances come from out wide with drilled crosses into the box, usually from Richman or Densmore.

Cavanagh is a good player but I think he slows us down and leaves Moult with too much to do. Sean Williams and Moult have more energy and better closing down. Sean was awful when he came on but he had less than ten mins and any footballer will tell you that it is so hard to get into a game with that lack of time.

Tom Marshall, I’ll start with the positive, he had an OK last ten mins before this he over hit every single past through the centre, his short passing is dodgy and at times only just reached the man. He is very slow at shifting the ball forward. Anyone who still rates him then look at our win percentage with him in the team, Havern not his confident self today and like I have previously said anyone would be nervous playing  alongside him. Again overweight and unfit. Positionally awful in the box.

We again played without tempo and were so slow and moving the ball, this was a must win game against a very poor team.  I personally would have changed the tactics after twenty minutes and certainly brought the subs on around 60 mins. How the manager could not see what was happening in front of him today baffles and angers me.

Our chances only came from attacking out wide. We do need another decent winger who will take people on and get to the byline, maybe even two with Clee’s injury record. We need another centre back to keep Havern and Leather on their toes, a left back and a forward.

Our best team without a doubt is :-
GK Coburn
RB Densmore
LB Griffin
CB Havern
CB Leather

LW Clee
CM Moult ( proper unsung hero that lad )
CM Williams
RW Richman

CF Lawrie
CF Reeves

Pathetic team selection, tactics and poor ability to recognise that we lost the game in the 20th minute. Waste of time and money I haven’t got.

eightiesrobin

Re: I should have took a two hour dump!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 06:24:10 PM »

Can't argue with any of that, apart from taking 2 hours for a dump. In and out, me.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 06:35:29 PM »

Hahaha

GB Alty

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 07:16:03 PM »

Everything you say is 100% spot on oneedham - but we just going round in the same circles with this, I just totally sick it it

Really thinking of stopping going

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 07:17:59 PM »

I've been thinking of stopping going for twenty years. You won't.

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 07:22:51 PM »

I've been thinking of stopping going for twenty years. You won't.
Was a time I went to every game, now I just can't be bothered with some of these away games

That's what Lee Sinnott's done for me

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 09:25:46 PM »

Lee Sinnott managed the club to promotion - that's what he has done for me.

Alty-J

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 10:29:53 PM »

We do have a very pacey,  tricky winger in Ryan Crowther who everyone forgets about, because he's always injured or ill

GB Alty

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 11:05:58 PM »

We do have a very pacey,  tricky winger in Ryan Crowther who everyone forgets about, because he's always injured or ill
Can't carry passengers anymore - he needs to be released - same with Gillespie

I really don't understand why we signed either of them - they both have form for being unfit most of the time

GB Alty

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 11:11:03 PM »

Lee Sinnott managed the club to promotion - that's what he has done for me.
What did you think of the game today?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 11:21:28 AM »

I really don't understand why we signed either of them - they both have form for being unfit most of the time

This unfortunately is the key to our problems. Hardly fair to slag Perry off for doing what he does, it's the fact he has to play so often. We'd have got more value if we'd kept Walshaw and just said he could play home games!

Cavanagh is a good play but hasn't totally suited us in the way Boshell did. This is a key point. When you get players who fit into your system and are good for you you need to keep them. Not every player does, even if they are clearly good players.

I like Williams but he may be a touch one dimensional for this league.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 05:19:03 PM »

We do have a very pacey,  tricky winger in Ryan Crowther who everyone forgets about, because he's always injured or ill

Cavanagh is a good play but hasn't totally suited us in the way Boshell did. This is a key point. When you get players who fit into your system and are good for you you need to keep them. Not every player does, even if they are clearly good players.

Ballers,

Cavanagh is starting to remind me of Gary Simpson when he was with us at the start of the 1990/91 season.

Simpson was an accomplished player with an excellent track record but he was simply someone who did not fit into our style of play at all.

He slowed us down far too much and it was only when we replaced him with Gary Anderson that things changed dramatically for the better.

Cavanagh's early performances were somewhat encouraging, however, we now just look ponderous when he is in our starting XI, especially when that line-up also includes the pedestrian Marshall and Perry.

Alas, not one of Sinnott's five Summer signings has managed to make a telling impact for us as yet, in my view.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 05:37:17 PM »

He's too slow, both in mind and legs
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 09:17:09 PM »

We do have a very pacey,  tricky winger in Ryan Crowther who everyone forgets about, because he's always injured or ill

Ballers,

Cavanagh is starting to remind me of Gary Simpson when he was with us at the start of the 1990/91 season.

Simpson was an accomplished player with an excellent track record but he was simply someone who did not fit into our style of play at all.

He slowed us down far too much and it was only when we replaced him with Gary Anderson that things changed dramatically for the better.

Cavanagh's early performances were somewhat encouraging, however, we now just look ponderous when he is in our starting XI, especially when that line-up also includes the pedestrian Marshall and Perry.

Alas, not one of Sinnott's five Summer signings has managed to make a telling impact for us as yet, in my view.

To be fair to Simpson not many midfielders in the last 30 years at Alty compare with Gary Anderson maybe my favourite alty player ever as for the summer signings Williams looks the best at a guess probably payed the least
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team