PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Conspiracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Conspiracy  (Read 14371 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 04:27:35 PM »

I think it went on Thursday evening/Friday morning but would have still been cached on some PC's.

Although it seems the link was used by some from comments above, I never actually understood why it was there.

No clubs in this league link from an official club website to an unofficial forum.  They all have one but don't promote it.

Just add http://www.altyfans.co.uk to your bookmarks although we did try and make the domain name as memorable as possible!
did the club ask for the link to be removed?

I would have thought so. I think that we were probably the exception, rather than the rule, in having a link to our Fans Forum & continuing that would have been almost impossible to justify, in light of the reaction to the defeats at Blyth & Telford.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 04:02:04 PM »

gone completely now.If the club did ask for it to be taken off due to some of the comments on here,then its a poor show by the club.just because we were the only ones in the league with a link does not make it wrong,in fact it shows that the club and fans are bigger than other clubs in my opinion.Still we now know where we stand.
Harold

Jenga

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 04:08:29 PM »

I used to visit the main site to enter the forum, my route was main site, read the daily news, check the league position, then enter the forum.

Now I enter the forum and don't visit the main site at all.

A shame.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 04:29:38 PM »

Is anyone that arsed really? I'm astounded it's got to two pages, am I the only person with a bookmark facility? If people give it out, me Included on occasion, then it's not just a one way street. If sainsburys had an unofficial messageboard linked to the sainsburys offical website that had people calling the chairman a C**t, the CEO a C**t, the managing director a C**t,the lad on the meat counter a C**t then I reackon they'd remove it.

Alternatively, maybe the conference has a set of guidelines, that until the recently were loosly implemented about what content offical websites should carry. That has been tightened up due to the arrival of new media/PR people or on the request of some league sponsors or something. We really don't need to know everything all the time.We managed perfectly well for 100 years before the arrival of a website or message board. Both are easily accessible via a search engine.

Alex

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 04:46:24 PM »

Is anyone that arsed really? I'm astounded it's got to two pages, am I the only person with a bookmark facility? If people give it out, me Included on occasion, then it's not just a one way street. If sainsburys had an unofficial messageboard linked to the sainsburys offical website that had people calling the chairman a C**t, the CEO a C**t, the managing director a C**t,the lad on the meat counter a C**t then I reackon they'd remove it.

Alternatively, maybe the conference has a set of guidelines, that until the recently were loosly implemented about what content offical websites should carry. That has been tightened up due to the arrival of new media/PR people or on the request of some league sponsors or something. We really don't need to know everything all the time.We managed perfectly well for 100 years before the arrival of a website or message board. Both are easily accessible via a search engine.

i think this sums it up pritty well, but i would like to add that im not a fan of the new club website layout and have all but stopped using it.

markecky

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 06:45:54 PM »

I used to visit the main site to enter the forum, my route was main site, read the daily news, check the league position, then enter the forum.

A shame.

If this isn't one of those crazy banter posts then it takes under 5 seconds to get from the main site to the forum and that's being unable to remember the link and ignoring the auto fill if you have been before.

http://screencast.com/t/DWnNY2Deca

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »

I think its sad that the link was removed.  I under no circumstances condone any offensive or inappropriate comments being posted on here.  I do think fans have a legitimate right to say if they feel that the club is not performing.  The removal of the link seems churlish and surely the club know that there are always one or two who blow hot and cold over any performance.  I remember the times when the forum has been used to convey important information or to gee up the fans ahead of an important game, sad days indeed if the club feel that it no longer wants to be associated with it.  I know there have been problems with anonymity but surely most of the 220,000 posts recorded on here (and I remember the old forum) were information / opinon or dafteness never intended to harm the club.

Simon Ellis (Toffee Apple)
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 07:21:53 PM »

I think its sad that the link was removed.  I under no circumstances condone any offensive or inappropriate comments being posted on here.  I do think fans have a legitimate right to say if they feel that the club is not performing.  The removal of the link seems churlish and surely the club know that there are always one or two who blow hot and cold over any performance.  I remember the times when the forum has been used to convey important information or to gee up the fans ahead of an important game, sad days indeed if the club feel that it no longer wants to be associated with it.  I know there have been problems with anonymity but surely most of the 220,000 posts recorded on here (and I remember the old forum) were information / opinon or dafteness never intended to harm the club.

Ah the old forum. Anyone who thought Blyth and Telford was the worst this club experienced, should go on there to look at posts 2002/03 season particularly!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

GB Alty

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »

I think its sad that the link was removed.  I under no circumstances condone any offensive or inappropriate comments being posted on here.  I do think fans have a legitimate right to say if they feel that the club is not performing.  The removal of the link seems churlish and surely the club know that there are always one or two who blow hot and cold over any performance.  I remember the times when the forum has been used to convey important information or to gee up the fans ahead of an important game, sad days indeed if the club feel that it no longer wants to be associated with it.  I know there have been problems with anonymity but surely most of the 220,000 posts recorded on here (and I remember the old forum) were information / opinon or dafteness never intended to harm the club.

Spot on

Seems the club is not interested in supporters opinion and wants to distance itself from the free speech of supporters, head in sand. Hey ho we got a point on Saturday so everything is ok now
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:14:29 PM by Uday »

markecky

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 09:53:50 PM »

Can't agree at all.

In my view your post would be correct if the club had asked that this forum be taken offline but it has never ever got involved in any censorship of it.  Nor should it or would it of course.  However on the flip side I don't think it should promote it either just like very few clubs link to a forum from their official website for that same reason.

As the numbers who stop actually posting and just become readers increase week on week it also becomes more of a negative place. It's down to about 10-15 regular posters now and I can only see that going even lower to the point where the word forum is not an appropriate term for it.

For me that is much sadder than the removal of a link.

george

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 10:42:10 PM »

NO PROBLEMS READING ALL YOUR COMPLAINTS ABOUT MISSING LINKS. DIRECTLY THROUGH EVERY DAY FROM THE CLUB WEBSITE.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 06:56:03 AM »

I didn't even know there was a link and I'm surprised there ever was one.  Nobody has been censored, people are free to criticise. Club officials still post on here, It is still very very easy to get on this site.

Mountains and molehills spring to mind.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 08:59:53 AM »

i dont remember anyone saying that the chairman is a c**t just the opposite in fact GR has done a good job,the club are back where we belong for now,its upwards and onwards i hope.I know i have never called for anyone to be sacked either,at the end of the day its their job and only the chairman and his board can say if a manager comes or goes.As fans we do have the same rights as anyone to be heard and thats what this forum is for,and not just negative views either.The club do use this site ( look for the patrons lthread)so why remove the link,to me it does not make sense.
Did the club ask for it to be removed,we all presume they did,but did they?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:09:16 AM by hsmith1 »
Harold

Hamilton

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2014, 09:48:13 AM »

Of course it could just be there is only roomfor so much on the main page and it was a matter of priorities!

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2014, 09:49:57 AM »

A shame.

If this isn't one of those crazy banter posts then it takes under 5 seconds to get from the main site to the forum and that's being unable to remember the link and ignoring the auto fill if you have been before.

http://screencast.com/t/DWnNY2Deca
Not a banter post.

I have no issues with the fact it is not on the main forum, I now have a seperate link to the forum. The issue for me is that i now have no real need to visit the Club Website and take a glancing at look at it on the way to the forum. Now i simply go straight to the forum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Conspiracy