PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Very quiet ...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Very quiet ...  (Read 12528 times)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Very quiet ...
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 07:19:44 PM »

What was today's attendance please.

Thanks. An excellent crowd
Looked like around 800 in the away end, possibly more.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 07:29:42 PM »

On here after a great result ??

Maybe it's a fair point that it was quiet on here for a bit after a good shift from the lads, not sure if Engerlung playing has much to do with that or if we'd lost there would be a lot more posts, bitching and moaning. It could be there is a negative bias on here where people only post if we've lost.

Personally I couldn't go today due to the Vergers infected ringpiece (don't ask  ::)), but listening on Radio Robins it sounded like the lads put a great effort in and thoroughly deserved the equaliser against a team in top form. Keep that up and the points will come. Sounds like the lads bounced back well from a couple of chronic results and should take that forward. Also sounded like Lee and the lads did well today so deserve credit when it's earned

ForeverAlty

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 07:42:32 PM »

People love a good moan but as soon as some positive games happen they will hide until they can come back with their stupid remarks again

It was a great performance today so well done to everyone involved in turning it around after a terrible week

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 07:58:33 PM »

Not sure about tittle of thread it's only 8 and it's well  into second page so not so quiet
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 08:16:26 PM by Jimmy »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 08:22:57 PM »

A well earned point........It was a strange sort of game with neither team creating all that much. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't recall their keeper making a save. In the first half Stuart had two or three saves to make, although the ball was hit straight to him and he made a great one-handed reaction save in the second half.

They were no better than us today which is what makes it so frustrating at times watching Altrincham - I was expecting better from them today....but maybe we made it hard for them.

Well done to everyone today - battled well
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jimmy

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 08:36:31 PM »

A well earned point........It was a strange sort of game with neither team creating all that much. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't recall their keeper making a save. In the first half Stuart had two or three saves to make, although the ball was hit straight to him and he made a great one-handed reaction save in the second half.

They were no better than us today which is what makes it so frustrating at times watching Altrincham - I was expecting better from them today....but maybe we made it hard for them.

Good post mick

GB Alty

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 08:38:32 PM »

Spot on Mick

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2014, 09:58:36 PM »

Grimsby are our "rabbits". They've failed to beat us in all four of our meetings. Just like at Blundell Park, we scrapped for everything. But if they had the art of finishing the openings they create they'd be top of the league (I have money on them).

So we stop another sequence (see other threads). Now let's stop THAT sequence of ours, and make sure we take Wrexham by the scruff of the neck while they're in a downturn.

Much happier tonight, but one swallow.......

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2014, 10:08:42 PM »

A cracking day at moss lane, left dissapponted not to be taking all 3 points. Everyone put a shift in, Richman especially, felt for him when he gave away the goal, definitely my man of the match.

Perry was good and is a good enough target man for us this season. Gillespie has a lot to prove and for him to start over Reeves is definitely a strange one. Sinnott will keep us in this league and that is his job this seaosn, let's put the fa cup debacle behind us and get benind Lee and the boys.

Onwards and upwards, see you at Wrexham.

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 12:38:39 AM »

We nearly did win at the end but I feel are slightly negative approach was correct after all confidence must be low after previous 2 games and attacking them to much probably wouldev back fired

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2014, 09:01:34 AM »

I though we played comparably to how we played at telford, but showed great character when we fell behind to a worldly and took our chance when it came. I thought Pete Cavannagh had his best game for the club to date.

markecky

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 10:47:16 AM »

Considering we played away on Wednesday, I thought our effort and energy was excellent and I think that shocked them from the off.  We had them pinned back for 20 minutes and had 4- 5 corners before they really did much of note.

They came to hammer us and move on to the next game as you probably would after winning five on the bounce and after the week we have had.

We have played much better but I think we stopped them playing for long periods and that was important.  Never gave up and got our just rewards as I thought a draw was a fair result and one I would have taken before the game in current circumstances.  It was heartbreaking to see our mistake punished so clinically but we didn't let our heads drop. 

Aside from the small minority of their fans (that were dealt with very well) it was superb to see 1800 in the ground.  Work to do and we can't change what's happened in the last week but yesterday was a decent start to moving on from it.

joe

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »

I though we played comparably to how we played at telford, but showed great character when we fell behind to a worldly and took our chance when it came. I thought Pete Cavannagh had his best game for the club to date.

It was a hardly a worldy Pete!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 05:02:57 PM »

Several grimsby papers have described it as such!

GB Alty

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 05:23:37 PM »

Several grimsby papers have described it as such!
Grimsby papers would though wouldn't they

Stop being naive
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Very quiet ...