PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!  (Read 55118 times)

markecky

Re: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 06:48:08 PM »

Brian I will contribute by actually using the bar, most people who post on here don't. I put far more in than £10 a month that way

It would be nice if more than the current 10-15 hardcore use this new bar

That is much better than giving £10 a month.

You'll appreciate though that some peoples personal arrangements and financial circumstances mean that they are unable to use the bar I'm sure.  So this is a good way to help?

GB Alty

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 06:51:04 PM »

Brian I will contribute by actually using the bar, most people who post on here don't. I put far more in than £10 a month that way

You'll appreciate though that some peoples personal arrangements and financial circumstances mean that they are unable to use the bar I'm sure.  So this is a good way to help?
we need to utilise this new facility to it's maximum potential, otherwise it will just end up being a big white elephant

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 06:57:35 PM »

Your contribution won't be additional income though as you already spend that money in the old bar. The biggest potential for match day income is food. I hope the budget incuded a huge hotpot pot.

GB Alty

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 07:05:53 PM »

Your contribution won't be additional income though as you already spend that money in the old bar. The biggest potential for match day income is food. I hope the budget incuded a huge hotpot pot.
sorry I give as much as I can, old income or new income whatever

It's rather a sad way to view supporters
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:07:30 PM by Uday »

markecky

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 07:07:26 PM »

we need to utilise this new facility to it's maximum potential, otherwise it will just end up being a big white elephant

We certainly do and there is so many uses for it (outside of the sports/fitness classes)  from in house sportsmans dinners to business meetings and presentations as well as a match day.  Massive potential to reach a whole new market.

Be good to hear the plans for food as well on the 14th with the kitchens in there.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 07:15:48 PM »

sorry I give as much as I can, old income or new income whatever

It's rather a sad way to view supporters

I get your point. Supporters shouldn't be seen as a cash cow that can be milked whenever the club needs money, however this isn't bailing out overspending this time, it's investing in a facility that will generate future revenue.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 07:26:01 PM »

Never been in the bar. Is it over-18s only? If so, it rules me out.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 07:38:19 PM »

You are more than welcome for a soft drink.
See you on Saturday!!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 07:40:54 PM »

You are more than welcome for a soft drink.
See you on Saturday!!

So my son can go in?

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 08:16:18 PM »

Yes he can

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 08:46:37 PM »

My suggestion would be that for now we take the 3 rather large television screens from the Noel White Suite, get them in the Community Hall (and switch them on and learn to use the remote control so we can switch the relevant football/results service on at peak times for customers rather than having the yachting/cycling/antiques roadshow on) and get the bar used. The money would soon be raised.

I'd also suggest that given that Saturday would be the one day a week we get a real footfall coming in the bar that we attempt to string it out as long as possible, i.e. not kicking people out when they want to stay in.

Sorry, going into a slightly old rant there, I was just trying to back up Uday's point by saying that I can cope without fantastic new big screens etc for now (the old tvs were fine when used properly) let's just get them in, get the bar making money and then the screens can be first item on the agenda.

For the record, I don't have £100 (and I'm not sure you'll get many takers 5 weeks before Christmas) but I will look to give what I can if bucket collections are made and if the opportunity was there to give more money by letting us stay in longer than has previously been the case that would be good.

Jimmy

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 09:29:04 PM »

Good post

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 09:40:11 PM »

Due to family commitments I can't get into the bar much so this is a good way for me to do my bit

Like mark says if you want to give -give if you don't -don't

It's simple
ParkINson's red and white army

george

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 10:28:18 PM »

Ballers, I don't where you get your ideas from regards the bar usage. Because ever since Jenny & I HAVE BEEN LICENSEES nobody has ever been asked to leave before they wanted too. Other than when functions have been booked in advance. Matchdays the bar is open from turnstiles opening till the last person has finished, which is usually the stewards, who are volunteers who don't get paid. As the same applies to, Jenny & myself. Compared with the times you depart, we get home a lot later. Every matchday I am there 12 hours per day. The bar does'nt have a lot of visitors pre-match because a lot, go into Altrincham & arrive @ Moss Lane 2.45 p.m. So we don't get the usage we need to raise voluntarily.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »

Ballers, I don't where you get your ideas from regards the bar usage. Because ever since Jenny & I HAVE BEEN LICENSEES nobody has ever been asked to leave before they wanted too. Other than when functions have been booked in advance. Matchdays the bar is open from turnstiles opening till the last person has finished, which is usually the stewards, who are volunteers who don't get paid. As the same applies to, Jenny & myself. Compared with the times you depart, we get home a lot later. Every matchday I am there 12 hours per day. The bar does'nt have a lot of visitors pre-match because a lot, go into Altrincham & arrive @ Moss Lane 2.45 p.m. So we don't get the usage we need to raise voluntarily.

Well said George.
A lot who have posted don't use the bar much after the game, and EVEN more before the game!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!