PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!  (Read 55092 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2014, 07:12:22 PM »

As a Flagger, I have had to move.
Not happy, but life goes on.
All the best to the club.

Brian,

You've only had to move about 30 yards though.....and now you've got a nice new rail to lean upon and also a new roof over your head.

Not exactly a bad deal!

You'll be demanding waitress service from the bar next...!

Barry,
Waitress service sounds good to me!!!!!
But your comment 'not exactly a bad deal'.
Well you have got that wrong.
I would much prefer to stand on the old flags.
As most of my fellow FLAGGERS know, I like to have a wander when games get tight.
In the new position I'm unable to do that.
We all have to make sacrifices.
I also have also made my point to Ian, but things move on.
Let's just hope this new venture succeeds.
On a final note Barry.
IF the club did know there would be a restricted view in the stand, they should have told you before you bought your ticket.
When the bar opens, I will buy you a pint of the black stuff and get the waitress to bring it over to you!! ;)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2014, 07:29:32 PM »

Brian,

You've only had to move about 30 yards though.....and now you've got a nice new rail to lean upon and also a new roof over your head.

Not exactly a bad deal!

Barry,
As most of my fellow FLAGGERS know, I like to have a wander when games get tight.
On a final note Barry.
IF the club did know there would be a restricted view in the stand, they should have told you before you bought your ticket.
When the bar opens, I will buy you a pint of the black stuff and get the waitress to bring it over to you!! ;)

Fair enough, Brian.

We football supporters are creatures of habit.

Thanks for your comment re. the issue relating to my restricted view from the main stand.

Oh, and you're a little out of touch - my drink of choice is a G&T these days....!

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:34:53 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2014, 07:37:15 PM »

Judging by some of the opinions expressed on here recently, Barry, you don't appear to be the only one with a restricted view!  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jimmy

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2014, 07:55:34 PM »

My view is find but the club should apologise

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2014, 08:01:41 PM »

My view is find but the club should apologise
Sorry, Jimmy, didn't mean you
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jimmy

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2014, 08:13:18 PM »

Fair enough saughall

bighairedmike

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2014, 08:36:53 PM »

Brian,

Not exactly a bad deal!

Barry,
On a final note Barry.

Fair enough, Brian.

Thanks for your comment re. the issue relating to my restricted view from the main stand.

Oh, and you're a little out of touch - my drink of choice is a G&T these days....!

As any self-respecting former barman at a certain public house in Altrincham should know...

Alex

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »

Brian I have sent you a pm on the subject

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2014, 10:10:09 PM »

Brian,

Not exactly a bad deal!

Barry,
On a final note Barry.

Fair enough, Brian.

No problem Barry,
G&T on its way.
Just for the record, I'm a Bryan, not a Flynny Brian!!!!😄

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2014, 11:04:22 PM »

No problem Brian. Knowing you as I do I am sure there wasn't any malice intended..

I do agree with Mick and acknowledge that you folks in the gantry do a superb job giving us highlights / commentary / interviews and pictures of an excellent standard.

Plus you all have to scale the ladder of death to get up there in the first place, which is no mean feat in itself.

Thanks Ray for that.

robins1978

« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2014, 11:19:55 PM »

Nobody else has said so yet, so I will say that it is a bit unfair to take a swipe at Brian Flynn for having a "free seat in the gantry"......Most, if not all those in the gantry, are doing 'media' work for the club and its supporters i.e Radio Robins and Alty TV.

Mick,

Some people will no doubt disagree with my thoughts on this issue but here goes....

I would make a notable exception regarding Mark from Alty TV (whose laudable work editing and producing highlights goes on well after the final whistle has sounded), however, I would expect the likes of Brian Flynn and John Edwards to have purchased season tickets regardless of their media work for the club.

If that is, indeed, the case, then I apologise for my use of the term 'free' in a previous post.

It has, of course, since been established that Flynny does not have access to an armchair in the gantry.

Just curious on your thinking here - So should all volunteers at the club buy a season ticket and can you expand on 'the likes of'?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:23:10 PM by robins1978 »

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2014, 12:10:06 AM »

Hmmm.

A building is erected which results in my main stand seat having a restricted view of the pitch and now I am being asked to pay for the privilege.

Nothing against the concept of the CSH but weren't we reassured that fundraising for it would not impinge on the established sources of income/fundraising for the football club?

It's clearly not ideal that your seat has a restricted view of the pitch, however I would have thought that there are plenty of other seats available that do not have such restrictions.

Really?

You don't say?!

Forgive me, Brian, but that is an extremely glib response and one that's very easy to throw out by someone who is tucked away nicely on his free seat in the gantry.

I purchased my season ticket back in June in good faith.

The club should have advised me beforehand that my chosen seat of many seasons now has a restricted view of the pitch.

They didn't.

Still nobody has actually accepted responsibility for this architectural cock-up or even apologised for it.

Why should I have to move from my seat just because Ian Foden's grasp of geometry is clearly deficient?

Isn't it funny how the Flaggers have been accommodated with some new terracing and a bit of roof cover.

Now, could that possibly be because that just happens to be the area where Ian Foden himself stands?

Perhaps they should have been inconvenienced and told to relocate, too, and then the CSH could have been extended out even further.....and I could have looked at a few more bricks when we get a corner at the Golf Road End?

I apologise if that was the way that this came across.That was not intentional, but reading it back, I can see why you have interpreted it in this way.

Unfortunately, nobody has a free seat in the gantry. This is because from a seated position anywhere on the gantry, it is possible to only view a very small proportion of the pitch, therefore everybody (Mark from Alty TV/The Radio Robins team/Our opponents video team) has to stand up. This is not ideal for anyone up there, particularly Mark & I who are on our feet for at least 6 hours on a matchday/night, however that's what it is.

In terms of your season ticket seat, it is difficult for me to comment, as I don't know the full facts. My understanding is that you wrote to the club with your concerns & that the club has replied & offered you the option of relocating your seat or a full refund of your season ticket payment, which seems to have been a reasonable response.

I HAVE PUT RESPONSES IN CAPITALS BELOW. APOLOGIES FOR THE 'SHOUTING' STYLE OF TYPE.

Brian,

I interpreted your comments exactly as they were written: dismissive and offhand.

IF THIS IS TRUE, THEN YOU HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT I THINK THAN I DO.

Frankly, as both a supporter of a slightly longer vintage than myself and someone who until only recently was a fellow dweller at the rear of the main stand, I expected better from you of all people.

THAT'S FAIR ENOUGH, BUT EVEN IF I WAS STILL WATCHING FROM THE MAIN STAND, WHICH OF COURSE I MAY DO AGAIN AT SOME POINT, THIS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AS MUCH OF AN ISSUE TO ME PERSONALLY AS IT APPEARS TO BE FOR YOU.I AM NOT ARGUING OVER WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG HERE, JUST THAT INDIVIDUALS HAVE DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES. PERHAPS THIS IS THE CRUX OF THE DIFFERENCE IN OUR OPINIONS HERE AS THIS IS A 4/10 ISSUE IN MY MIND, WHILST IT MIGHT BE 10/10 IN YOURS.NEITHER OF US ARE NECESSARILY RIGHT OR WRONG, WE ARE JUST VIEWING SOMETHING DIFFERENTLY, WHICH ON BALANCE MAY BE A GOOD THING.

However, we shall move on....

Your understanding is incorrect.

It was evident at the first home pre-season friendly that the Community Sports Hall would result in several seats in the main stand inheriting a restricted view of the pitch.

However, I have been waiting until the completion of the building so that I could then assess the full and lasting impact of this obstruction/intrusion on our view.

Elsewhere on this Forum, the ostensible designer of this edifice, one Ian Foden, states that "the club knew all along that the CSH would affect the view".

Accepting that to be true, then (i) why did the club knowingly sell restricted view season tickets without advising those who were paying full price for them of this new detrimental factor and (ii) why has the club not contacted those season ticket holders whose view has been devalued in order to offer an apology at the very least.

I would have thought that the onus was on the club itself to take the initiative in this matter.

Or do they not really care about the way that they treat certain loyal supporters of many years?

I can assure you that I have not received any apology in writing nor any formal written offers regarding a refund.

One Director is fully aware of my thoughts (and the thoughts of one or two others) pertaining to this matter, however, nothing official whatsoever has been placed in writing as yet.

Consequently, correspondence to the Board of Directors will now have to be undertaken.

We're not asking for the CSH to be torn down, for Heaven's sake!

All we would like is to be treated with a degree of common decency.

I COULD ONLY STATE WHAT WAS MY UNDERSTANDING.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:13:00 AM by Brian Flynn »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2014, 12:16:06 AM »

Nobody else has said so yet, so I will say that it is a bit unfair to take a swipe at Brian Flynn for having a "free seat in the gantry"......Most, if not all those in the gantry, are doing 'media' work for the club and its supporters i.e Radio Robins and Alty TV.

Mick,

Some people will no doubt disagree with my thoughts on this issue but here goes....

I would make a notable exception regarding Mark from Alty TV (whose laudable work editing and producing highlights goes on well after the final whistle has sounded), however, I would expect the likes of Brian Flynn and John Edwards to have purchased season tickets regardless of their media work for the club.

If that is, indeed, the case, then I apologise for my use of the term 'free' in a previous post.

It has, of course, since been established that Flynny does not have access to an armchair in the gantry.

Just curious on your thinking here - So should all volunteers at the club buy a season ticket and can you expand on 'the likes of'?

Apologies for any confusion.

No, I certainly don't believe that volunteers such as the stewards or gatepersons should have to buy a season ticket.

However, I would expect both of our Press Officers to be season ticket holders.

And, as I stated earlier, this may well be the case, hence my apology if the use of the term 'free' was inaccurate.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2014, 12:17:37 AM »

Mick,

This is without question one of the saddest posts I have read on this forum in all the years I have taken part in it.

I don't know John Edwards very well, however my meetings with him have always been pleasant and he seems to be getting more and more involved as I believe he has taken early retirement.  I know he is a well respected journalist and just the kind of person we need to assist with the growing press demands of the Conference.  

However I do know Brian very well as a friend of 20 years and a business partner of the last 3-4.  I have personally seen the 20-30 hours a week he puts into our football club, from driving on his own to away games to get there early and stay late for after match interviews, to TASC chairman stuff, organising press requests, being the MC for club events and programme articles, getting to the ground at 11:30 for home games to other stuff that seems to fall in his lap.  

You know this Cult and you do good stuff yourself so you know how the whole volunteer thing works.  There are many more like Brian, without them our club would not even have a chance of staying in this league.

You'll allow Mark Bennett to get in free (rightly, absolutely different class with the Alty TV stuff) but "the likes of Brian Flynn" should pay?

Salt of the earth is Flynny, I never ever thought I would hear anyone speak of him in that manner.  If someone had just told me you wrote that, I wouldn't have believed it.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2014, 12:22:21 AM »

Brian,

Not exactly a bad deal!

Barry,
On a final note Barry.

Fair enough, Brian.

No problem Barry,
G&T on its way.
Just for the record, I'm a Bryan, not a Flynny Brian!!!
!😄

Bryan,

Huge apologies for the given name confusion.

How ironic that it should be me delivering the wrong form of address to a postman....

Regards,

Barrie.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!