PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!  (Read 55080 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2014, 12:30:58 AM »

Hmmm.

A building is erected which results in my main stand seat having a restricted view of the pitch and now I am being asked to pay for the privilege.

Nothing against the concept of the CSH but weren't we reassured that fundraising for it would not impinge on the established sources of income/fundraising for the football club?

It's clearly not ideal that your seat has a restricted view of the pitch, however I would have thought that there are plenty of other seats available that do not have such restrictions.

Really?

You don't say?!

Forgive me, Brian, but that is an extremely glib response and one that's very easy to throw out by someone who is tucked away nicely on his free seat in the gantry.

I purchased my season ticket back in June in good faith.

The club should have advised me beforehand that my chosen seat of many seasons now has a restricted view of the pitch.

They didn't.

Still nobody has actually accepted responsibility for this architectural cock-up or even apologised for it.

Why should I have to move from my seat just because Ian Foden's grasp of geometry is clearly deficient?

Isn't it funny how the Flaggers have been accommodated with some new terracing and a bit of roof cover.

Now, could that possibly be because that just happens to be the area where Ian Foden himself stands?

Perhaps they should have been inconvenienced and told to relocate, too, and then the CSH could have been extended out even further.....and I could have looked at a few more bricks when we get a corner at the Golf Road End?

I apologise if that was the way that this came across.That was not intentional, but reading it back, I can see why you have interpreted it in this way.

Unfortunately, nobody has a free seat in the gantry. This is because from a seated position anywhere on the gantry, it is possible to only view a very small proportion of the pitch, therefore everybody (Mark from Alty TV/The Radio Robins team/Our opponents video team) has to stand up. This is not ideal for anyone up there, particularly Mark & I who are on our feet for at least 6 hours on a matchday/night, however that's what it is.

In terms of your season ticket seat, it is difficult for me to comment, as I don't know the full facts. My understanding is that you wrote to the club with your concerns & that the club has replied & offered you the option of relocating your seat or a full refund of your season ticket payment, which seems to have been a reasonable response.

I HAVE PUT RESPONSES IN CAPITALS BELOW. APOLOGIES FOR THE 'SHOUTING' STYLE OF TYPE.

Brian,

I interpreted your comments exactly as they were written: dismissive and offhand.

IF THIS IS TRUE, THEN YOU HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT I THINK THAN I DO.

Frankly, as both a supporter of a slightly longer vintage than myself and someone who until only recently was a fellow dweller at the rear of the main stand, I expected better from you of all people.

THAT'S FAIR ENOUGH, BUT EVEN IF I WAS STILL WATCHING FROM THE MAIN STAND, WHICH OF COURSE I MAY DO AGAIN AT SOME POINT, THIS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AS MUCH OF AN ISSUE TO ME PERSONALLY AS IT APPEARS TO BE FOR YOU.I AM NOT ARGUING OVER WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG HERE, JUST THAT INDIVIDUALS HAVE DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES. PERHAPS THIS IS THE CRUX OF THE DIFFERENCE IN OUR OPINIONS HERE AS THIS IS A 4/10 ISSUE IN MY MIND, WHILST IT MIGHT BE 10/10 IN YOURS.NEITHER OF US ARE NECESSARILY RIGHT OR WRONG, WE ARE JUST VIEWING SOMETHING DIFFERENTLY, WHICH ON BALANCE MAY BE A GOOD THING.

However, we shall move on....

Your understanding is incorrect.

It was evident at the first home pre-season friendly that the Community Sports Hall would result in several seats in the main stand inheriting a restricted view of the pitch.

However, I have been waiting until the completion of the building so that I could then assess the full and lasting impact of this obstruction/intrusion on our view.

Elsewhere on this Forum, the ostensible designer of this edifice, one Ian Foden, states that "the club knew all along that the CSH would affect the view".

Accepting that to be true, then (i) why did the club knowingly sell restricted view season tickets without advising those who were paying full price for them of this new detrimental factor and (ii) why has the club not contacted those season ticket holders whose view has been devalued in order to offer an apology at the very least.

I would have thought that the onus was on the club itself to take the initiative in this matter.

Or do they not really care about the way that they treat certain loyal supporters of many years?

I can assure you that I have not received any apology in writing nor any formal written offers regarding a refund.

One Director is fully aware of my thoughts (and the thoughts of one or two others) pertaining to this matter, however, nothing official whatsoever has been placed in writing as yet.

Consequently, correspondence to the Board of Directors will now have to be undertaken.

We're not asking for the CSH to be torn down, for Heaven's sake!

All we would like is to be treated with a degree of common decency.

I COULD ONLY STATE WHAT WAS MY UNDERSTANDING.

Brian,

I don't wish to keep pursuing this, as the quotation boxes are becoming longer than Morrissey's autobiography.

I suspect that a healthy discussion over a drink or two in the bar after next Saturday's match would be most beneficial and a far better option.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2014, 12:47:12 AM »

Brian I have sent you a pm on the subject

Got that thanks & will respond tomorrow.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2014, 12:52:40 AM »

Hmmm.

A building is erected which results in my main stand seat having a restricted view of the pitch and now I am being asked to pay for the privilege.

Nothing against the concept of the CSH but weren't we reassured that fundraising for it would not impinge on the established sources of income/fundraising for the football club?

It's clearly not ideal that your seat has a restricted view of the pitch, however I would have thought that there are plenty of other seats available that do not have such restrictions.

Really?

You don't say?!

Forgive me, Brian, but that is an extremely glib response and one that's very easy to throw out by someone who is tucked away nicely on his free seat in the gantry.

I purchased my season ticket back in June in good faith.

The club should have advised me beforehand that my chosen seat of many seasons now has a restricted view of the pitch.

They didn't.

Still nobody has actually accepted responsibility for this architectural cock-up or even apologised for it.

Why should I have to move from my seat just because Ian Foden's grasp of geometry is clearly deficient?

Isn't it funny how the Flaggers have been accommodated with some new terracing and a bit of roof cover.

Now, could that possibly be because that just happens to be the area where Ian Foden himself stands?

Perhaps they should have been inconvenienced and told to relocate, too, and then the CSH could have been extended out even further.....and I could have looked at a few more bricks when we get a corner at the Golf Road End?

I apologise if that was the way that this came across.That was not intentional, but reading it back, I can see why you have interpreted it in this way.

Unfortunately, nobody has a free seat in the gantry. This is because from a seated position anywhere on the gantry, it is possible to only view a very small proportion of the pitch, therefore everybody (Mark from Alty TV/The Radio Robins team/Our opponents video team) has to stand up. This is not ideal for anyone up there, particularly Mark & I who are on our feet for at least 6 hours on a matchday/night, however that's what it is.

In terms of your season ticket seat, it is difficult for me to comment, as I don't know the full facts. My understanding is that you wrote to the club with your concerns & that the club has replied & offered you the option of relocating your seat or a full refund of your season ticket payment, which seems to have been a reasonable response.

I HAVE PUT RESPONSES IN CAPITALS BELOW. APOLOGIES FOR THE 'SHOUTING' STYLE OF TYPE.

Brian,

I interpreted your comments exactly as they were written: dismissive and offhand.

IF THIS IS TRUE, THEN YOU HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT I THINK THAN I DO.

Frankly, as both a supporter of a slightly longer vintage than myself and someone who until only recently was a fellow dweller at the rear of the main stand, I expected better from you of all people.

THAT'S FAIR ENOUGH, BUT EVEN IF I WAS STILL WATCHING FROM THE MAIN STAND, WHICH OF COURSE I MAY DO AGAIN AT SOME POINT, THIS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AS MUCH OF AN ISSUE TO ME PERSONALLY AS IT APPEARS TO BE FOR YOU.I AM NOT ARGUING OVER WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG HERE, JUST THAT INDIVIDUALS HAVE DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES. PERHAPS THIS IS THE CRUX OF THE DIFFERENCE IN OUR OPINIONS HERE AS THIS IS A 4/10 ISSUE IN MY MIND, WHILST IT MIGHT BE 10/10 IN YOURS.NEITHER OF US ARE NECESSARILY RIGHT OR WRONG, WE ARE JUST VIEWING SOMETHING DIFFERENTLY, WHICH ON BALANCE MAY BE A GOOD THING.

However, we shall move on....

Your understanding is incorrect.

It was evident at the first home pre-season friendly that the Community Sports Hall would result in several seats in the main stand inheriting a restricted view of the pitch.

However, I have been waiting until the completion of the building so that I could then assess the full and lasting impact of this obstruction/intrusion on our view.

Elsewhere on this Forum, the ostensible designer of this edifice, one Ian Foden, states that "the club knew all along that the CSH would affect the view".

Accepting that to be true, then (i) why did the club knowingly sell restricted view season tickets without advising those who were paying full price for them of this new detrimental factor and (ii) why has the club not contacted those season ticket holders whose view has been devalued in order to offer an apology at the very least.

I would have thought that the onus was on the club itself to take the initiative in this matter.

Or do they not really care about the way that they treat certain loyal supporters of many years?

I can assure you that I have not received any apology in writing nor any formal written offers regarding a refund.

One Director is fully aware of my thoughts (and the thoughts of one or two others) pertaining to this matter, however, nothing official whatsoever has been placed in writing as yet.

Consequently, correspondence to the Board of Directors will now have to be undertaken.

We're not asking for the CSH to be torn down, for Heaven's sake!

All we would like is to be treated with a degree of common decency.

I COULD ONLY STATE WHAT WAS MY UNDERSTANDING.

Brian,

I don't wish to keep pursuing this, as the quotation boxes are becoming longer than Morrissey's autobiography.

I suspect that a healthy discussion over a drink or two in the bar after next Saturday's match would be most beneficial and a far better option.

Fully agree Barry, this could go on forever.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2014, 12:55:26 AM »

Nobody else has said so yet, so I will say that it is a bit unfair to take a swipe at Brian Flynn for having a "free seat in the gantry"......Most, if not all those in the gantry, are doing 'media' work for the club and its supporters i.e Radio Robins and Alty TV.

Mick,

Some people will no doubt disagree with my thoughts on this issue but here goes....

I would make a notable exception regarding Mark from Alty TV (whose laudable work editing and producing highlights goes on well after the final whistle has sounded), however, I would expect the likes of Brian Flynn and John Edwards to have purchased season tickets regardless of their media work for the club.

If that is, indeed, the case, then I apologise for my use of the term 'free' in a previous post.

It has, of course, since been established that Flynny does not have access to an armchair in the gantry.

This is without question one of the saddest posts I have read on this forum in all the years I have taken part in it.

I don't know John Edwards very well, however my meetings with him have always been pleasant and he seems to be getting more and more involved as I believe he has taken early retirement.  I know he is a well respected journalist and just the kind of person we need to assist with the growing press demands of the Conference.  

However I do know Brian very well as a friend of 20 years and a business partner of the last 3-4.  I have personally seen the 20-30 hours a week he puts into our football club, from driving on his own to away games to get there early and stay late for after match interviews, to TASC chairman stuff, organising press requests, being the MC for club events and programme articles, getting to the ground at 11:30 for home games to other stuff that seems to fall in his lap.  

You know this Cult and you do good stuff yourself so you know how the whole volunteer thing works.  There are many more like Brian, without them our club would not even have a chance of staying in this league.

You'll allow Mark Bennett to get in free (rightly, absolutely different class with the Alty TV stuff) but "the likes of Brian Flynn" should pay?

Salt of the earth is Flynny, I never ever thought I would hear anyone speak of him in that manner.  If someone had just told me you wrote that, I wouldn't have believed it.

Ecky,

Sorry for upsetting you, however, I do believe that you have missed my point spectacularly.

All of which, I accept, may well be my fault due to how I wrote that previous post.

By using the term "the likes of Brian Flynn and John Edwards", I was intending to signify Radio Robins people who still get to watch the match uninterrupted.

It was in no way meant to come across as being derogatory.

There was no criticism implied or expressed in my aforementioned post regarding either the capabilities or endeavour of John Edwards or Brian Flynn and I'm genuinely surprised that you would think that I would go down that road.

I've known Brian for many years and have spoken with John Edwards on several occasions and I am fully aware that they both carry out excellent media work on behalf of the club and comprise assets to Altrincham FC.

However, as to my point regarding whether they still ought to  be season ticket holders, then yes, I do think that they should be.

In the highly unlikely event of me ascending to any sort of official position within the club, I would continue to believe that, as a supporter first and foremost, I should still invest in a season ticket for the financial benefit of the club.  

That's just a personal view.

I sincerely hope that helps to clarify my reasoning (even if you still think that I am talking balderdash).

If it still doesn't make sense, please hunt me down on Saturday and we can have a chat.

You could even buy me a G&T like that nice man Bryan Ford.....  

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:01:37 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robins1978

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2014, 01:52:42 AM »

Nobody else has said so yet, so I will say that it is a bit unfair to take a swipe at Brian Flynn for having a "free seat in the gantry"......Most, if not all those in the gantry, are doing 'media' work for the club and its supporters i.e Radio Robins and Alty TV.

Mick,

Some people will no doubt disagree with my thoughts on this issue but here goes....

I would make a notable exception regarding Mark from Alty TV (whose laudable work editing and producing highlights goes on well after the final whistle has sounded), however, I would expect the likes of Brian Flynn and John Edwards to have purchased season tickets regardless of their media work for the club.

If that is, indeed, the case, then I apologise for my use of the term 'free' in a previous post.

It has, of course, since been established that Flynny does not have access to an armchair in the gantry.

Just curious on your thinking here - So should all volunteers at the club buy a season ticket and can you expand on 'the likes of'?

Apologies for any confusion.

No, I certainly don't believe that volunteers such as the stewards or gatepersons should have to buy a season ticket.

However, I would expect both of our Press Officers to be season ticket holders.

And, as I stated earlier, this may well be the case, hence my apology if the use of the term 'free' was inaccurate.

Each to their own opinion but as far as I am aware they both do what they do for free. Naturally because they want to (it may be their way of helping the club) but I personally dont see why they should buy a season ticket. Its work, but its enjoyable work that saves the club money as someone else may require paying to do that particular job which is how the club survives by people volunteering for free, which im sure you are aware of already.  I do know of some 'volunteers' that do purchase season tickets even though the volunteer work they do for the club enables them to enter for free in return for that volunteering they do. I also think this important post has got away from the original reasons for Brian posting it. Yes fans have issues with the restricted seating in the main stand now with the Sports Hall having been built (I myself have a restricted view where I usually sit in the main stand in the 2nd half) but it would surely be better to contact the club regarding their issues rather than on a fans forum. We have very approachable people at our club who would im sure be willing to discuss any issues fans have with the restricted view (some may have done this already - I don't know). The club needs to progress and the Sports Hall is a damn good way to start 2015 in taking the club forward. Im not saying fans should not have an opinion, just saying voice it in the right way and stop being so negative about the Sports Hall, can't fans see it is for the good of the club going forward. Respect your views Cult but dont have to agree with them as you dont have to agree with mine too! Now lets get another 3 point on Saturday and climb that table!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:56:43 AM by robins1978 »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2014, 11:19:20 AM »

I always pay to get in to home games, even when on commentary.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2014, 11:29:48 AM »

I really should just rise above all this, but I'm afraid I can't, so here goes...
Firstly, thanks Ecky for speaking up on behalf of Brian Flynn and myself. I echo everything you say about Brian, a top guy, utterly devoted to the club and a consummate professional in all he does. Secondly, can I just illuminate 'the likes of' Cult about what the job entails by perhaps just running through what I've been up to since Saturday's game at Wrexham? I interviewed Lee Sinnott before leaving the ground for The Messenger and The Advertiser. Neither paper has a sports reporter as such, so if I didn't supply a quotes-led back page piece for them each week, we wouldn't get any publicity, or nothing like as much, anyway. Needless to say, I don't get a penny for it. When I'd finished speaking to Lee, Grahame Rowley nabbed me and asked if I'd give Mike Williams a call to do a piece about his unfortunate injury news. Sunday, I phoned Mike, had a chat with him and then wrote a fairly lengthy piece for use on the club's website that evening. Monday morning, I transcribed the taped interview with Lee and set about writing two pieces, one for The Messenger one for The Advertiser. I then typed up the interview in full, over 1,600 words, and sent it to John Laidlar, so supporters would be able to see everything Lee had had to say about the game. Tuesday morning, I transcribed another taped interview, this time with Nicky Clee for the double-page Q&A feature in The Robins Review. It will appear in the Kidderminster programme this coming Saturday. This afternoon, I will phone Shaun Densmore and speak to him about how he wants his Captain's Chat column to be done for the programme. I ghost-write it, and that's how we do it. We have a chat, and then I write it in his words. After that, I'll turn my attention to the other thing I do for the programme, a round-up of news, gossip and quotes from the week's various Conference games. Again, it is time-consuming and involves a lot of writing, as well as research. Someone on this thread said Brian and I do it because we enjoy it, and they're spot-on, though a deep-seated wish to help the club is probably nearer the mark. I volunteered my services a few years ago after reading how communication and information from the club could and should be better, and I'm happy to do what I do. But if you know someone, Barry, who wants to take all that on and pay for the privilege, I'll readily revert to coming in through the turnstiles, cheering the lads on with some pals on the pop side and then heading home after a pint.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2014, 12:19:05 PM »

I always pay to get in to home games, even when on commentary.

Good man.

Never doubted it.

As a Radio Robins listener to last Saturday's game at Wrexham, I was disappointed that you weren't on duty on what ostensibly amounts to home territory for you.

Jenga

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2014, 12:25:01 PM »

I simply cannot believe the comments in this thread.

Some fans are an utter disgrace at the moment, the forum fighting is gradually seeing the end of this forum. I only come on here these days to see what is going on and to see who is arguing with who.

We all support Alty and should be getting along, if we spotted this on other clubs forums we would laughing our heads off about silly comments slagging of the manager, the club and now the volunteers.

For the record, i think that all Radio Robins and Alty TV primary people should get in for free for the hard work they do to promote the club. But that is my own opinion.

I look forward to the next thread to stoop down the lower levels of everyone slagging everybody else off.

Grow up the lot of you.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2014, 12:37:11 PM »

Mick,

Just curious on your thinking here - So should all volunteers at the club buy a season ticket and can you expand on 'the likes of'?

Apologies for any confusion.

No, I certainly don't believe that volunteers such as the stewards or gatepersons should have to buy a season ticket.

However, I would expect both of our Press Officers to be season ticket holders.

And, as I stated earlier, this may well be the case, hence my apology if the use of the term 'free' was inaccurate.

Each to their own opinion but as far as I am aware they both do what they do for free. Naturally because they want to (it may be their way of helping the club) but I personally dont see why they should buy a season ticket. Its work, but its enjoyable work that saves the club money as someone else may require paying to do that particular job which is how the club survives by people volunteering for free, which im sure you are aware of already.  I do know of some 'volunteers' that do purchase season tickets even though the volunteer work they do for the club enables them to enter for free in return for that volunteering they do. I also think this important post has got away from the original reasons for Brian posting it. Yes fans have issues with the restricted seating in the main stand now with the Sports Hall having been built (I myself have a restricted view where I usually sit in the main stand in the 2nd half) but it would surely be better to contact the club regarding their issues rather than on a fans forum. We have very approachable people at our club who would im sure be willing to discuss any issues fans have with the restricted view (some may have done this already - I don't know). The club needs to progress and the Sports Hall is a damn good way to start 2015 in taking the club forward. Im not saying fans should not have an opinion, just saying voice it in the right way and stop being so negative about the Sports Hall, can't fans see it is for the good of the club going forward. Respect your views Cult but dont have to agree with them as you dont have to agree with mine too! Now lets get another 3 point on Saturday and climb that table!

robins1978,

Please allow me to pen a swift reply on here rather than in person, as I think that I may know who you are.....but I'm really not sure!

I salute those who volunteer to assist the club (and I don't believe that I've ever said otherwise).

To those who both volunteer and purchase a season ticket, I tip my hat to you and give you a standing ovation.

As you rightly say, it's purely a personal choice and different views on the matter are completely acceptable.

I reiterate that I have already approached a Director regarding the restricted view issue, however, I have not received anything in writing on this topic.

As the club were aware of this problem long before I was, I would have thought that the onus would have been on them to contact those season ticket holders who have been affected prior to the sale of this season's tickets.

Anyhow, I will now initiate some formal correspondence.

And may I just underline the fact that this is not an anti-Community Sports Hall issue.

I wish that project every success and will no doubt be spending far too much time in its bar in due course.  

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »

For the record, i think that all Radio Robins and Alty TV primary people should get in for free for the hard work they do to promote the club. But that is my own opinion.

Indeed....and you are perfectly entitled to express it.

Group hug, perhaps?

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:09:10 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2014, 01:00:53 PM »

I think Flynny and John deserve the highest praise for all the hard work they do for free to promote the club. To suggest they should pay for a season ticket on top of all that us very unfair in my opinion.

If season ticket holders in the stand are aggrieved over how their view has been affected and duly handled by the club then to be fair they have a right to say so.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »

I really should just rise above all this, but I'm afraid I can't, so here goes...
Firstly, thanks Ecky for speaking up on behalf of Brian Flynn and myself. I echo everything you say about Brian, a top guy, utterly devoted to the club and a consummate professional in all he does. Secondly, can I just illuminate 'the likes of' Cult about what the job entails by perhaps just running through what I've been up to since Saturday's game at Wrexham? I interviewed Lee Sinnott before leaving the ground for The Messenger and The Advertiser. Neither paper has a sports reporter as such, so if I didn't supply a quotes-led back page piece for them each week, we wouldn't get any publicity, or nothing like as much, anyway. Needless to say, I don't get a penny for it. When I'd finished speaking to Lee, Grahame Rowley nabbed me and asked if I'd give Mike Williams a call to do a piece about his unfortunate injury news. Sunday, I phoned Mike, had a chat with him and then wrote a fairly lengthy piece for use on the club's website that evening. Monday morning, I transcribed the taped interview with Lee and set about writing two pieces, one for The Messenger one for The Advertiser. I then typed up the interview in full, over 1,600 words, and sent it to John Laidlar, so supporters would be able to see everything Lee had had to say about the game. Tuesday morning, I transcribed another taped interview, this time with Nicky Clee for the double-page Q&A feature in The Robins Review. It will appear in the Kidderminster programme this coming Saturday. This afternoon, I will phone Shaun Densmore and speak to him about how he wants his Captain's Chat column to be done for the programme. I ghost-write it, and that's how we do it. We have a chat, and then I write it in his words. After that, I'll turn my attention to the other thing I do for the programme, a round-up of news, gossip and quotes from the week's various Conference games. Again, it is time-consuming and involves a lot of writing, as well as research. Someone on this thread said Brian and I do it because we enjoy it, and they're spot-on, though a deep-seated wish to help the club is probably nearer the mark. I volunteered my services a few years ago after reading how communication and information from the club could and should be better, and I'm happy to do what I do. But if you know someone, Barry, who wants to take all that on and pay for the privilege, I'll readily revert to coming in through the turnstiles, cheering the lads on with some pals on the pop side and then heading home after a pint.

John,

Clearly something is getting very badly lost in translation here and it's probably my fault that my comments have been misconstrued.

Please read my aforementioned response to Ecky in which I attempted to clarify what I was clumsily trying to say.

I have never called into question the dedication and quality of work of either Brian or your good self.

I readily confess that I do not possess the ability; knowledge; experience; resources or time to accomplish even a fraction of what you do in your role as one of Alty's press officers and also in your guise as a major contributor to the programme.

Your professionalism is much appreciated.  

It takes me the best part of a week to compile one of my meagre two page-articles for the Robins Review.

We have different personal views on season tickets and that's absolutely fine.

I'm not saying that I'm necessarily right (and, evidently, I hold a minority view here!).

Apologies for causing offence but I hope that I've allayed some of the misconceptions that have unfortunately arisen.

I'd be happy to buy you a drink in the bar and chat to you in person if that would help in any way.

Barry.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:13:20 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »

bumble

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2014, 01:26:24 PM »

I think Flynny and John deserve the highest praise for all the hard work they do for free to promote the club. To suggest they should pay for a season ticket on top of all that us very unfair in my opinion.

If season ticket holders in the stand are aggrieved over how their view has been affected and duly handled by the club then to be fair they have a right to say so.

I think he meant that of all the volunteers, given Brian is a long standing fan that Brian wouldn't want to deprive alty of the funds

bumble

« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2014, 01:34:21 PM »

Anyway two things. Very disappointed by Cult. Big fan of his posts usually.

I can see why you'd be annoyed if you were moved from an entire section. I hate un segregation of chequers or full sterile areas on the pop side (I'm sure pop side regulars hate us crowded their spot). However plenty of seats in the main stand.

To see how bad it is, I may pop up next week out of curiosity.

Common curtsy would suggest a personal apology to the ST though. Being a club of this size it's not hard to send out a short apology. I do agree with an earlier comment some statements that come out from the club could be worded a little better, including the one that started this forum thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!