PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!  (Read 55110 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 22, 2014, 06:35:12 AM »

From the Club Site:

TASC (The Altrincham Supporters Club) is appealing to Altrincham fans to help raise £10,000 to ensure that the bar matchday experience is as good as it possibly can be when the new Community Sports Hall at The J.Davidson Stadium opens next month.

TASC Chairman, Brian Flynn, said " The new Community Sports Hall is looking fantastic & is set to play a pivotal role in supporting the development of Altrincham Football club in the short, medium & long term.In all honesty, it's probably a better facility than many of us imagined it could be & it's going to be a superb asset for the people of Altrincham.

Unfortunately, appeals for financial funding, have not been as successful as hoped for & the potential impact of this is that the finishing touches to the project are not as impressive as the building itself. By this, I mean the essential interior work that needs to be done, specifically installing a sound system & television projector & distribution system, as the plan is to have a large screen at either end of the hall.....the total cost of which is £10,000.

The main beneficiaries of these facilities will be our supporters who will use the bar on matchdays & I am calling on 100 people to contribute £100 each to help us put the cherry on the cake of this project. The official opening of the hall is less than a month away & it's probably unrealistic to expect to raise all of the £10,000 before the first matchday that the new bar will be open for on the Saturday before Christmas. Therefore we are asking for 100 people to make a contribution of £100 or commit to setting up a standing order of £10 per month for 10 months, with the first payment being made in December.In achieving this, we will be able to invest in the equipment needed to make the bar matchday experience at the J.Davidson Stadium, second to none!

Every one of the 100 people who contributes to this cause will be recognised for their support, with their name being included on a high quality, glass fronted list of Alty fans, which will act as a permanent reminder of the people who helped this project reach the finishing post.

Please support us in this mission by contacting me for payment/standing order details by email (brianflynn59@hotmail.com) or phone (0161 610 1193/07860 561011) or speak to me at any of the forthcoming matches. Alternatively, you can telephone Altrincham Football Club on 0161 928 1045, email office@altrinchamfootballclub.co.uk or call in at the ground from 9.30am-4.30pm between Monday-Friday.

Brian Flynn
Chairman
TASC (The Altrincham Supporters Club)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: £10,000 Needed To Finish The Job!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 10:38:58 AM »

The starting 11 at Blyh should cover it
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 11:27:33 PM »

The starting 11 at Blyh should cover it
the irony is if we had of won that day we would have had that money twice over and again

Damm you fate
ParkINson's red and white army

welman way

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 09:22:25 AM »

Could you not add £1 to the entrance price, paying £15 rather than £14 won't make any difference to most fans.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:40:18 AM »

Could you not add £1 to the entrance price, paying £15 rather than £14 won't make any difference to most fans.

That could certainly have been an option, although it wasn't one that was suggested at the TASC meeting this week, when this subject was discussed.

I would think that the club would probably prefer that this money is raised through voluntary contributions, rather than by sticking it on everyone who pays at the gate.Also, the club announces season ticket prices/match prices during the summer for a season & I would think that it would probably prefer to honour that commitment, rather than potentially alienate supporters with a mid-season change.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 09:44:40 AM »

I'm in Flynny.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 09:48:28 AM »

I'm in Flynny.

Thanks PP.....I will email details of how to make your payment(s) today.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 01:16:33 PM »

Left you a voicemail let me know if you need any further detail
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 01:37:53 PM »

Have we not consider a kick starter kind of thing?

Not sure if kick starter or the others charge fees but the style of fundraising could work?

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 02:38:49 PM »

Are you being serious

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »

you don't live in the real world, some people can't go afford it £14, and you want to put prices up again?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 04:15:27 PM »

Hmmm.

A building is erected which results in my main stand seat having a restricted view of the pitch and now I am being asked to pay for the privilege.

Nothing against the concept of the CSH but weren't we reassured that fundraising for it would not impinge on the established sources of income/fundraising for the football club?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 05:52:37 PM »

I totally agree.
But we know that isn't going to happen because £1 is a major factor in a lot of our fans lives!!!!
We could put tins at the gate, for those who do want to help, or the bucket collections go towards the target.
Brian, count me in ,I will help out.
We all have to dig deep😄

markecky

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 06:17:43 PM »

Hmmm.

A building is erected which results in my main stand seat having a restricted view of the pitch and now I am being asked to pay for the privilege.

Nothing against the concept of the CSH but weren't we reassured that fundraising for it would not impinge on the established sources of income/fundraising for the football club?

Is it really so outrageous for fans to be asked if they can help out for something like this? If you don't want to or can't afford to help out then just don't do it.

Got to be worth asking though.  Hopefully we will get something on the turnstiles as well to take it outside of this forum and to the hundreds of people not on here.

FC United fans funded a huge part of their own ground and take great pride in that.  We should be doing the same in my opinion.

The team that have put this together have gone about it quietly and without fuss for about 2-3 years.  It's not like every week we have had something pushed at us for more money for it.

After years of pouring tenners into VAT and income tax blackholes, I think it's great to be asked to contribute to something you can physically see and that will be of benefit for many years.  I haven't got £100 spare but I will find a tenner a month.  Will email you for bank details Brian to setup the standing order.

GB Alty

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 06:35:24 PM »

Brian I will contribute by actually using the bar, most people who post on here don't. I put far more in than £10 a month that way

It would be nice if more than the current 10-15 hardcore use this new bar
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 06:38:19 PM by Uday »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team