https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fans  (Read 9110 times)

Jimmy

Fans
« on: December 06, 2014, 05:32:02 PM »

I didn't go today not as committed as I once was but to those who did go well played and you deserve the decent result on a far trip and cold day

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fans
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 05:43:05 PM »

Bit harsh on yourself Jimmy, you're one of our longest standing and most committed fans over many years. Fully agree, though, well done to those who made it today. :)
Come on Alty!

bumble

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 05:54:21 PM »

Treated poorly. Made to sit for 90 mins in a tiny corner as away end is now home end and they've wouldn't allow us to sstand behind the goal.

Odious club which is a ego trip. I'd be embaressed if I were spending the dough and getting a team that lumps it forward to giants.

For the million a year he's throwing away, for 2/3 of that he could get that Woking side.

Letting home fans just wander in to the away end to use our snack bar to avoid queues at their own is ridiculous. We weren't allowed to go to their bar? I didn't want a pint, just to get warm.

As for the electric car chargers, the automatic ticket scanners and food that tasted like cardboard.... what's the point.
 Not to mention the signs around the ground attempting to persuade us to be vegan.

I think they'll be keeping their record as the lonely serving Conference club a long time.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 06:37:19 PM »

Treated poorly. Made to sit for 90 mins in a tiny corner as away end is now home end and they've wouldn't allow us to sstand behind the goal.

Not to mention the signs around the ground attempting to persuade us to be vegan.

At least Morrissey would approve.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 07:06:16 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 06:39:41 PM »

I didn't go today not as committed as I once was but to those who did go well played and you deserve the decent result on a far trip and cold day

Hats off, in particular, to all of those who managed to complete the expensive and unappetising 'double' of Woking and FGR this week.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 10:49:38 PM »

Hats off, in particular, to all of those who managed to complete the expensive and unappetising 'double' of Woking and FGR this week.

I remember an even worse week a few years ago when it was Torquay away Tuesday and Exeter away on the Saturday. I did both from London. I remember we were clapped out of Torquays bar after the match.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 11:20:04 PM »

I actually enjoyed today, apart from the seating which, even for my vertical challenges was rather cramped.  Otherwise, I liked their ground, had a tour after the match and met the Chairman and Vice Chairman in their bar and saw the MOTM champers being given to their awful number 17, I thought he wasn't great but hey ho.  Their players were having a "daft Christmas jumper" competition too :-)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 11:51:43 PM »

I remember an even worse week a few years ago when it was Torquay away Tuesday and Exeter away on the Saturday. I did both from London. I remember we were clapped out of Torquays bar after the match.

I went to both of those also, we had a magnificent 77 stood on the away end at torquay that Tuesday night, plus those that opted to sit down. I think we will have a decent turn out at torquay in April this time around also

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 12:29:26 AM »

I went to both of those also, we had a magnificent 77 stood on the away end at torquay that Tuesday night, plus those that opted to sit down. I think we will have a decent turn out at torquay in April this time around also

Was that the Valentines night Tuesday at Torquay? I remember being there for that. And the weeks of stony silences after it.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 12:37:39 AM »

We have played there on Valentine's day but it was a Saturday and we had one of the smallest away followings I've seen for a league match, which included my mrs and jimmys mrs, the lucky lucky ladies. I think the midweeker was late March/April the initial sunday game had been called off in dubious circumstances

Hamilton

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 12:44:13 AM »

I envy and admire those who get to our away games.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 01:15:53 AM »

I envy and admire those who get to our  games.

GB Alty

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 02:38:24 AM »

We have played there on Valentine's day but it was a Saturday and we had one of the smallest away followings I've seen for a league match, which included my mrs and jimmys mrs, the lucky lucky ladies. I think the midweeker was late March/April the initial sunday game had been called off in dubious circumstances
There was nothing dubious about the postponement, the whole town was flooded we knew there was no chance on the Saturday. For the midweeker I stayed the whole week for both games, was February

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 02:51:41 AM »

You ask Flynny sybil! We may have got pissed in Torquay on the sunday but Flynny saw the pitch!

thegazelle

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 06:11:10 PM »

i got a breakfast the day after that Torquay trip certain other people didnt because they were 32.9 seconds late!!!
true fawlty towers management
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans