PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well Done
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Well Done  (Read 7923 times)

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Well Done
« on: December 13, 2014, 05:03:38 PM »

Great result !!!

I assume from the lack of activity on this fan forum that I was basically the only Alty fan in the world not at the game - hope it was as great as the result :)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well Done
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 05:10:13 PM »

Could not be there today was working

Well done lads great result
ParkINson's red and white army

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 05:17:37 PM »

Just got in, great result.   Looking forward to next Saturday, air traffic control glitches notwithstanding back at Moss Lane for the first time in 18 months!!! 

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 05:21:01 PM »

Not been well for a few days , so didn't go but that is just the tonic I needed

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 05:46:16 PM »

If I had been at the game I would now be drinking. Actually I'm now drinking anyway but you get my point.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 05:48:11 PM »

Top result. Well done the lads! :) :) :)
Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »

Great result.  We played well generally but time and again we gave the ball away cheaply.  A draw would have been a fair result but I'll take the win!

Fair turn out from them - some spanners of course.  Second half atmosphere was cracking.

Congrats to Alty, nice home draw again please.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 06:06:24 PM »

Fully deserved win, Parton didnt have a single shot to save and we came very close to 2 more goals. Thought Macc were poor and we looked very much in control throughout.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 06:12:51 PM »

Great result !!!

I assume from the lack of activity on this fan forum that I was basically the only Alty fan in the world not at the game - hope it was as great as the result :)

People are in the Radio Robins chat room during the game mate.

It was a war of attrition but we dug in and worked like fiends in a game of few chances but we had the better of the ones that came,

Wonderful turn and finish from Reeves, absolute class.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »

Well done Lee and the lads. Main thing is we have won a cup game and are into the next round.

The first half we seemed to want it more, their manager said in the week that he's not been too bothered about cups in the past and that showed. They didn't look like a team second in the league. Both teams gave the ball away cheaply at times but Macc seemed marginally worse at it than us. We played some nice stuff in patches and should have been 2-3 goals clear before the inevitable final minutes pressure on our area. Tom Marshall, Cav, Shaun Williams and Reevesy all did well, Reeves's finish for the winner was very well taken.

Another home draw in the next round would be ideal after the first home cup game seemingly in ages today.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 06:14:26 PM »

A strangely nondescript encounter with those cranks from East Cheshire.

There were only three memorable incidents:

(i) Damian Reeves' excellent turn and finish for our goal;

(ii) Danny Whittaker's red card (which, admittedly. did look a bit harsh);

(iii) Tom Marshall's splendid hooked shot which struck the crossbar.

We showed much more desire to win and merited our reward.

Macc were abysmal.

John Askey got exactly what he deserved there for treating the competition with disdain.

Macc can't be so desperately financially-challenged if they can afford to disregard an opportunity to win £5k in prize money so casually.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Red robin

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2014, 06:28:40 PM »

Alty should concentrate on winning league games, although a cup run is a bonus, players get injuries and suspensions in cup games then miss league games. The manager knows this i am sure. FC UTD THRASHED HARROGATE 4-0 WE WILL PLAY THEM NEXT BET YA............

brian1925

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2014, 07:07:18 PM »

We have become a very difficult team to beat. Macc were exactly the same as in our first encounter with them in that they still couldn't breach our centre halves and two holding midfielders. It wasn't a sending off, but did they actually have a shot on target all match?
I could watch Reevesy's goal all day long, but it would be wrong to credit him with it entirely - God knows how many touches we had leading up to the final brilliant turn and finish. I never thought they'd score in a month of Sundays. If we played teams like that every week, we'd probably get promoted!
Finally, if anyone on here ever has a go at Tom Marshall again, I'll give em a smack myself - he was an absolute beast today and I bet Barnes Homer (and others) feels a bit sore in the morning! Sean Williams was a close second to motm, but honestly, every player looked comfortable out there today. Yeah, some of the passing was a bit wayward at times, but I really think we've got a shot at this tournament this season.

Hamilton

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 11:03:18 PM »

Followed the game when I could at work thanks to JL's updates.
Great to log on and see the first goal so soon andf great to see the final result. No matter the quality of the game to beat a team so high up in the league shows we have the character for the Conf Prem.

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 11:27:23 PM »

great result, well done ALTY, & thankyou to RR, the second half commentary was superb along with the singing home support, favourite song that was sang was, we know what you are, we know what you are, sheep shagging bastards, we know what you are !!! loved it !
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well Done