PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Would you like to
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Would you like to  (Read 39031 times)

Hamilton

Re: Would you like to
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2014, 01:40:05 AM »

Here's one image of Graham Heathcote's penalty at Anfield in January 1981 (there's a more familiar photograph which was taken from behind the goal).

I always wonder who on earth those brave souls on The Kop who appear to be celebrating Alty's goal were!  

Knowing Scousers I wouldn't be surprised if they are Liverpool fans simply wishing the underdogs well.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2014, 03:06:55 AM »

Further to emails about Ricky Harris celebrations, there is one I have always liked during the Yeovil Town home game, which we won 1-0 after Kingy had come back as manager to save us. I think it was Paul France who scored it, and there is a picture of Bomber wheeling around and chasing after Frannie, with a manic glint is his eye. Cult of Ian Tunnacliffe can you help me here? It was also shown in Kingdom Come - the Alty book which I still have a copy of!!! I am also sure of seeing a copy somewhere in the club at some stage so I know the club may still have it somewhere.

I also remember Bomber doing a dancing jig in front of the bench after scoring, it was like a tiller girls dance. Wish some one could have picked that up with a camera. That and the water coming off the woodwork, after Clive Freeman's wonder-strike hit the underside of the bar. My minds eye can even see that clearly now after many years. Any piccy's of that one or the goal?

eightiesrobin

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2014, 08:05:23 AM »

Cult - was Gary Anderson's winner at Blackpool ever immortalised? I think I remmeber it gracing a prgramme cover the week after the game, but cannot be sure.

Yes, it was safely captured.

When I wrote an article for the Birmingham 20 event's souvenir brochure, I used an image of that goal which had originally appeared in the Robins Review.

I suppose that you want me to go and unearth it from the archives now, don't you....?!

Well, if you're offering.... ;D

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2014, 09:40:17 AM »

This may seem a daft question, I was there and am in the photo of Alty fans at Vics, but can anybody tell me the date the game was played on please?  thanks

Looks like a night match to me, I think it's this game: http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/070220na.htm
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2014, 10:13:58 AM »

This may seem a daft question, I was there and am in the photo of Alty fans at Vics, but can anybody tell me the date the game was played on please?  thanks

Looks like a night match to me, I think it's this game: http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/070220na.htm

It wasn't the 1-1 game in 2006/07, because I was at that game. I'm pretty sure the above photo was from the 2-1 win on 01/01/08 when Northwich finished with 8 men.
Come on Alty!

Alex

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2014, 10:42:12 AM »

its from new years day 2008 the reaction to Joe O'Niell's goal i believe. the next image in the collection is GH saying somthing to Dino Maamria probably along the lines of "'av some of that".

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2014, 11:08:17 AM »

I'd like the one at the top of this page with the wording
"It's a football match, not a tea dance" underneath

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/alt0708h.htm

York Alty

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2014, 11:42:35 AM »

I think it was New Year's Day 2008.

Cheers- that ties in.  Answers a question in my head that been hanging about a bit .

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2014, 11:43:16 AM »

Regarding the Kop photo it reminded me of watching Match of the Day on the night of Alty's draw at Everton. Don't remember who Liverpool were playing that day but at one point they were chanting "Altrincham, Altrincham", presumably after hearing that Alty had scored at Goodison Park.

Alex

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2014, 11:47:14 AM »

just came across this whilst reading through the old archived news (fantastic stuff by the way)

York Alty

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2014, 11:56:37 AM »

just came across this whilst reading through the old archived news (fantastic stuff by the way)

Now there's a man who should be on any wall of Alty FC history.  Mr Goodwin, I salute you.

ripleym

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2014, 12:08:11 PM »

In my relatively short time as a supporter of the club, I've always been a bit partial to this one.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:15:22 PM by SemiProTog »

Hamilton

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2014, 12:27:38 PM »

How, in the name of all that is holy, are we to be able to select one out of all these great moments and memories?

Alex

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2014, 12:29:58 PM »

How, in the name of all that is holy, are we to be able to select one out of all these great moments and memories?

i think an idea i suggested may help in that aspect. http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=19647.0

as for the photo for the wall i think a panel should attempt to narrow it down to 4 choices then have an on-line poll to choose which is the one that gets selected.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2014, 01:44:02 PM »

If I recall correctly Liverpool beat Stoke 2-0 at Anfield the day we drew with Everton
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Would you like to