PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Would you like to
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Would you like to  (Read 38835 times)

Hamilton

Re: Would you like to
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »

How, in the name of all that is holy, are we to be able to select one out of all these great moments and memories?

i think an idea i suggested may help in that aspect. http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=19647.0

as for the photo for the wall i think a panel should attempt to narrow it down to 4 choices then have an on-line poll to choose which is the one that gets selected.

You may have hit the nail on the head...

...or one of those frames on which the pic changes (which someone suggested earlier)

GB Alty

« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2014, 06:30:33 PM »

How, in the name of all that is holy, are we to be able to select one out of all these great moments and memories?

i think an idea i suggested may help in that aspect. http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=19647.0

as for the photo for the wall i think a panel should attempt to narrow it down to 4 choices then have an on-line poll to choose which is the one that gets selected.
why should it be decided online? Most of the people on here don't even use the bar

People who actually use the bar should be the one's that decide. Voting slips should be placed on the bar or should be given out when ordering a drink

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2014, 07:04:04 PM »

why should it be decided online? Most of the people on here don't even use the bar

People who actually use the bar should be the one's that decide. Voting slips should be placed on the bar or should be given out when ordering a drink

Fair point

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2014, 07:49:35 PM »

I agree with Jamie on this, not everyone uses this forum or uses email, slips in the bar would be a good idea.

RocketDan

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2014, 10:01:15 PM »

the legend.

Hamilton

« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2014, 10:12:56 PM »

Railway Alty

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2014, 07:52:40 AM »

As a regular reader and rare poster, I would like to put me two pennarth in.
This CSH is for the benefit of Altrincham FC, is it not? Therefore why are we looking at ONE picture to grace the walls/bar, why not have many pictures of Alty triumphs and legends around the CSH along with pictures of old Altrincham. I understand that many who use the CSH will not be football fans but surely this wonderful addition to Moss Lane (JD Stadium) needs the history of our GREAT club shown to all who venture in.
Sorry think I may have used up two bob there lol

Alex

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2014, 08:45:27 AM »

This CSH is for the benefit of Altrincham FC, is it not? Therefore why are we looking at ONE picture to grace the walls/bar, why not have many pictures of Alty triumphs and legends around the CSH along with pictures of old Altrincham. I understand that many who use the CSH will not be football fans but surely this wonderful addition to Moss Lane (JD Stadium) needs the history of our GREAT club shown to all who venture in.

agreed, i think it would be a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the great and proud history of the club and maybe show people new to the club (using the hall for non footballing reasons) that their local team has an amazing history, as lets all be honest without the rose tinted glasses unless you are a passionate fan of local football and not an armchair fan who thinks football was invented in 1992 by sky, you may not be aware of just what this club has achieved (based on talking to people who have lived in the town all their lives who watch football who didnt even realise we had once been considered giant killers of the FA Cup).

this may be going one step more than necissery but is there any way we could raise funds to have a trophy cabinate in the bar with replicas of our FA Trophys, Alliance League trophys, Both play off trophys, and even the cheshire senior cup, etc. just an idea.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2014, 02:12:09 PM »

I hate to be the one to mention it, but anything coming out of the club should at least be spell checked first.

Thats a fabulus suggestion  ;)

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2014, 04:42:23 PM »

Totally agree - as many photos as the wall will hold...

alty snapper

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2014, 07:58:07 PM »

This has been covered in other areas of the CSH namely the reception and more will be added over time, the point of this 'fans choice' is just from one area which is behind the bar which I believe was thought that it was a nice positive way of having the fans involved in their and the clubs CSH

Red robin

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2014, 04:17:49 PM »

JOHN KING RECEIVING THAT TROPHY I WAS AT THAT GAME AT WEMBLEY BEAT RUNCORN 1-0  BRILLIANT.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2014, 06:31:29 PM »

JOHN KING RECEIVING THAT TROPHY I WAS AT THAT GAME AT WEMBLEY BEAT RUNCORN 1-0  BRILLIANT.

Was'nt that photo of Kingy from the 1978 Leatherhead match?
Against Runcorn he would have been Manager not Captain?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2014, 07:42:05 PM »

I agree the space left behind the bar should be a special moment. The flare wins it hands down for me, or the best photo of the winning goal celebration from the recent playoff final. I do also agree we should have photos on the wall of the historical town centre. It is not only the football club's facility, but it should also be in the interest of the community, of which the club has always been a major part of for the football fans.

We should remember this is a quite unique venue in Altrincham for general use as well. I for one hope to be using this as a 60th birthday party venue in 2017 for myself. May I also add that the beer I drank before the game was a fine a pint as I have ever drunk. I was taken into the cooler room where the pumps and tubes are processing from the barrels. It was very cool in there, the cleanliness was paramount and will be a vital part of the decent beers on tap. I noticed the spare pump for guest ales. May I suggest to the club they get in touch with Dunham Massey Brewery.

A beer at £2.30 a pint!! I would love to know what the Dover fans thought of the prices for the beer, and what they thought of the community centre. The bacon barm I had yesterday was also delicious.

Proud of the facility, and also very proud of the club for giving it to us and the community; this is going to be a big success and I for one will use it regularly.

Hamilton

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2014, 10:46:15 PM »

I agree the space left behind the bar should be a special moment. The flare wins it hands down for me, or the best photo of the winning goal celebration from the recent playoff final. I do also agree we should have photos on the wall of the historical town centre. It is not only the football club's facility, but it should also be in the interest of the community, of which the club has always been a major part of for the football fans.

We should remember this is a quite unique venue in Altrincham for general use as well. I for one hope to be using this as a 60th birthday party venue in 2017 for myself. May I also add that the beer I drank before the game was a fine a pint as I have ever drunk. I was taken into the cooler room where the pumps and tubes are processing from the barrels. It was very cool in there, the cleanliness was paramount and will be a vital part of the decent beers on tap. I noticed the spare pump for guest ales. May I suggest to the club they get in touch with Dunham Massey Brewery.

A beer at £2.30 a pint!! I would love to know what the Dover fans thought of the prices for the beer, and what they thought of the community centre. The bacon barm I had yesterday was also delicious.

Proud of the facility, and also very proud of the club for giving it to us and the community; this is going to be a big success and I for one will use it regularly.

Chocolate Cherry Mild!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Would you like to