News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Money raising idea

Author Topic: Money raising idea  (Read 2655 times)

Alex

Money raising idea
« on: December 15, 2014, 07:30:38 PM »

With the interest in the photos thread it got me thinking about a way to raise money.

Could the club commission a book of these photos collected to show the history of the club through the ages with maybe some pieces in there from former players and managers (even club officials) to give context to the photos.

I recently purchased a present for my girlfriend of the history of liecester Tigers rugby club (poor soul thinks rugby is the better sport) and thought something similar would be able to raise significant cash. (http://rugby-foundation.org.uk/products/tigers-book - if you want to have a look at the king of thing I mean)

If you say had 200 printed at £50-£60 each (I'm suggesting high quality publication here not a cheap job) with an optional leather cover again at £40. I'm sure the club would be able to raise funds for the new CSH or other venture whilst giving fans a treasured artefact of club history.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Money raising idea
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 09:10:14 PM »

I had thought of something similar - limited edition framed photos signed by the goalscorer - before they all die!

bumble

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 09:43:25 PM »

I'd like to see a class of 05 / 14 book made. Be interesting 10 years on to read some of the stories from various players fans

wilf

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 11:19:11 PM »

Just a suggestion on the subject of making money,  Youv got a brand spanking new clubhouse or whatever its name is. Probably with empty walls at the moment.  Our near neighbours bishop auckland tried the idea of selling bricks to fans, at £40 a brick or £80 a double sized brick, fans buy a brick and have whatever they want engraved on that brick, bishop have sold around 400 which ammounts to a tidy little sum. A club like altrincham with the fan base you have could make a small fortune.  Hope this link works so you can have a liok at bishop,s

[PDF]stadium bricks
myweb.tiscali.co.uk/.../zBrickForm.pdf
point ownership of the brick will revert to Bishop Auckland FC Ltd.. ... £80* for a double sized engraved brick*. Please fill ...

wilf

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 11:22:16 PM »

If my link hasnt worked just google it

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 12:57:53 AM »

If my link hasnt worked just google it

I think something like this has been done Wilf mate. Not 100% sure of the ins and outs of it although Mr Flynn or, in his role as chief ambassador for the Community Sports Hall, Mr Cult may be able to shed some light on this...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Money raising idea