PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dover match
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dover match  (Read 10942 times)

York Alty

Re: Dover match
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 10:24:39 PM »

score draw.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 09:08:46 AM »

Dover will score first and we will win either 2-1 or 3-2

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 09:53:09 AM »

I'm still laughing at the very clever I can see it it must be where your sat comment......wish i'd thought of that  ;D ;D ;D ;D

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 11:10:38 AM »

Their keeper is out suspended, might help
Their other keeper is ex-Eastbourne custodian Lee Hook. Very experienced so no rabbit.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 11:16:59 AM »

Their other keeper is ex-Eastbourne custodian Lee Hook. Very experienced so no rabbit.

They seem thoroughly unconvinced of Hook on their forum. They've also had one of their better players recalled from his loan.

This is going to be very tough. Dover unbeaten in seven in the league now, and our record against bottom half sides (teams who currently occupy a space in the bottom half) is hardly inspiring: W3 D1 L6, F11 A18. Two of those three wins have come at home though, and we've progressed a lot from some of the dark games that make up that record. With a full week of rest and Dover presumably having one eye on the cup I reckon we'll be right to get something from this game.

They are going to be tired after driving up from Kent in the morning.

Wins at Alfreton and Gateshead in the last month would suggest otherwise.

We've already seen eight 2-1 score-lines this season and I think that looks a pretty reasonable guess here. 2-1 either way. Penalty in the game.

hookys old shirt

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 07:45:03 PM »

They seem thoroughly unconvinced of Hook on their forum. They've also had one of their better players recalled from his loan.

This is going to be very tough. Dover unbeaten in seven in the league now, and our record against bottom half sides (teams who currently occupy a space in the bottom half) is hardly inspiring: W3 D1 L6, F11 A18. Two of those three wins have come at home though, and we've progressed a lot from some of the dark games that make up that record. With a full week of rest and Dover presumably having one eye on the cup I reckon we'll be right to get something from this game.

We've already seen eight 2-1 score-lines this season and I think that looks a pretty reasonable guess here. 2-1 either way. Penalty in the game.

Dover fan here,
looing forward to Saturday , new ground for me and all that, not the best Saturday to visit you with Christmas .... and we couldn't muster enough fans for a coach......
but there will be a few of us, plus the northern based Dover fans of course, just a correction of our teams travel plans , we usually travel up north by train ,so no sitting
on a coach all day, although we did fly for the Gateshead game   

george

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 08:08:10 PM »

Very tough match based on games @ home v. the teams above Dover SAthleAthletic, & below. LOST 1 - 2 lincoln city & 0 - 4 WELLING UNITED. Grateful for 1 point. ECSTATIC for 3 Ppoints+s/

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 08:39:38 PM »

You would think that the league fixture committee would have the wherewithall in these days of high tech kit that they could arrange the fixtures so that the Dover fans/players didn't have such a long journey just days before Xmas. Our gate will suffer due to this.

Bloody hopeless state of affairs

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 12:48:37 PM »

You would think that the league fixture committee would have the wherewithall in these days of high tech kit that they could arrange the fixtures so that the Dover fans/players didn't have such a long journey just days before Xmas. Our gate will suffer due to this.

The game right before Christmas always has a crap gate so I'm not sure it matters that much.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 01:26:19 PM »

The game right before Christmas always has a crap gate so I'm not sure it matters that much.

Indeed. If we were playing a local.side tomorrow there would be complaints that we should have had it on another day when the crowd would be even bigger.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 02:14:49 PM »

They flew up to Gateshead, given our proximity to m/cr airport, the six figure windfall they're sitting on from the palace game
And the need to keep players fresh for said cup tie never mind the three pts on offer it would be prudent for them to fly again

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 06:36:38 PM »

Saturday, 19th April 1997

GM Vauxhall Conference

Altrincham...1  Dover Athletic...2

Dover scored two of the most stunning (and yet simultaneously most heartbreaking) goals that I've ever witnessed at Moss Lane.

I'm sure that Ballers, Ecky, Jimmy or Hughesy can take up the story.....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 07:36:27 PM »

GM Vauxhall Conference

Dover scored two of the most stunning (and yet simultaneously most heartbreaking) goals that I've ever witnessed at Moss Lane.

They had a centre half like Jimmy Five Bellies Gardner who then stepped up to hit a 35 yard free kick exactly like (but even better than) Gazza's famous wembley free kick. Totally ridiculous

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2014, 07:51:58 PM »

GM Vauxhall Conference

They had a centre half like Jimmy Five Bellies Gardner who then stepped up to hit a 35 yard free kick exactly like (but even better than) Gazza's famous wembley free kick. Totally ridiculous

Some memories of that fateful 1997 match from a Dover Athletic supporter:

"It wasn't all plain sailing from then on however. Inconsistency set in and two home defeats (against Southport and Gateshead) and two home draws with Stevenage and Rushden (who themselves conducted a late relegation escape) meant that we could never take safety for granted until an away match at Altrincham on the last but two Saturdays of the season.

Just like this season Sam Ayorinde was playing for another North Western club in relegation trouble . By this time Altrincham were bottom and although Whites were 10 points ahead, in 17th, they were by non means safe, having played more games than the sides below. Defeat looked on the cards, and another couple of weeks of cardiac scares inevitable, as the Robins took the lead on 70 minutes.

Heads did not drop though and Dover won a free kick outside the box. John Budden crashed the ball home from 20/25 yards - a scorcher! Then having incurred the wrath of the home fans all afternoon a certain Darren Adams broke just inside their half, ran to the edge of the box before lobbing the keeper to score a very memorable winner. A 2-1 success and relegation fears banished. There can have been few more pleasurable moments watching Dover!"

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2014, 05:43:01 AM »

Lets hope that today is pay back time
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dover match