News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins: Altrincham v Dover Athletic

Author Topic: Radio Robins: Altrincham v Dover Athletic  (Read 5461 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:10:53 AM »

Radio Robins, sponsored by Ashley Mowers Garden Machinery, will be broadcasting full live coverage of today's game against Dover Athletic at The J.Davidson Stadium.

The match commentary sponsor is 'E-Cignature' a locally based company supplying a full range of high quality E-Cigarettes & E-Liquids.

E-Cignature offer you the perfect way to assist you with your new year’s resolution!

The stylish yet practical EVO D gives you the latest in vaping technology which helps you adhere to stopping smoking conventional cigarettes.

This Kit Includes:

1 x EVO D Electronic Cigarette with GSH3 Clearomiser

1 x USB Cable

1 x ID E Liquid of your choice

http://www.ecignature.co.uk/product/evo-d-starter-kit/

Also have a look at the special gift pack offers here:-

http://www.ecignature.co.uk/dp-category/?product_cat=gift-packs-special-offers&dppage=1

Altrincham fans can get a fantastic deal on both kits by using the special voucher code 'radiorobins'.

Unfortunately E-Cignature are unable to offer delivery on the kits before Christmas however they can offer a pay and collect service for collection from Altrincham Football Club during the week.

E-Cignature's website is at http://www.ecignature.co.uk/

The commentators are Ian Wikinson & Paul Salt with match summaries from John Edwards.

Coverage starts at 2.50pm with the game kicking off at 3.00pm & you can listen to Radio Robins on the internet at www.radiorobins.com

Bath Alty

Re: Radio Robins: Altrincham v Dover Athletic
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »

Great coverage today again guys and we appreciate all you do but could we make a request that has appeared a couple of times on the chat room.  When there is a goal scored or big roar from the crowd please give us the headline first "he's scored" "he saved it" "red card for number 8" type thing and then do the detail.  For example today's coverage went a bit like this...

RR: "There's a shot and it's taken a deflection and oh.....he ran down the right, took a shot from around 20 yards which looked like it was going wide and it just looped up and over Parton.."
Listeners: did it go in or did it go over the bar as well?
RR:  "I think the deflection came of Densmore and it dramatically altered the course of the shot"
Listeners: but did it go in or not?
RR: "what do you think John?" " Yes it was Densmore who got in the way, really unlucky as he made a great challenge"
Listeners: Yes we know that but did it go in or is it just a corner?
RR: "Yes that was so unlucky for Shaun who has had a good game so far.."
Listeners: It sounds like we are behind now but no-one has actually said that, I hope they are just upset about conceding a corner..
RR: "So Alty kick off and...."
Listners: bugger we are losing

Thanks chaps

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 05:38:47 PM »

Great coverage today again guys and we appreciate all you do but could we make a request that has appeared a couple of times on the chat room.  When there is a goal scored or big roar from the crowd please give us the headline first "he's scored" "he saved it" "red card for number 8" type thing and then do the detail.  For example today's coverage went a bit like this...

RR: "There's a shot and it's taken a deflection and oh.....he ran down the right, took a shot from around 20 yards which looked like it was going wide and it just looped up and over Parton.."
RR:  "I think the deflection came of Densmore and it dramatically altered the course of the shot"
RR: "what do you think John?" " Yes it was Densmore who got in the way, really unlucky as he made a great challenge"
Listeners: It sounds like we are behind now but no-one has actually said that, I hope they are just upset about conceding a corner..

Thanks chaps
radio Robins are bobbins says me
ParkINson's red and white army

Bath Alty

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 05:42:35 PM »

They are very good on the whole - just a little bit of constructive criticism to help them move towards perfection!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 05:49:15 PM »

Make all the commentators do a screen test with Flynny and Laurence. That'd sort it out. :)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 11:57:34 PM »

Hard to be critical when the service is staffed by volunteers who've travelled to away games at their own expense and it costs us nothing to listen too ... but I've got to agree with Bath Alty. The commentary needs to be describing the action, not just reporting what happened after the event.

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 01:10:13 AM »

Hard to be critical when the service is staffed by volunteers who've travelled to away games at their own expense and it costs us nothing to listen too ... but I've got to agree with Bath Alty. The commentary needs to be describing the action, not just reporting what happened after the event.
do you think you could do any better?

ripleym

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 07:40:26 AM »

Could be worse.  We could have Phil Neville.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 08:22:18 AM »

more swearing please.......

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 09:15:20 AM »

Thanks chaps

Thanks for the detailed & constructive feedback BA, which we also picked up via the chatroom.As you state,we have had similar comments on one or two previous occasions & it does help, particularly as you are one of RR's biggest advocates, regularly feeding back very positively on the commentary.Having missed a couple of games recently & listened to them live, I can appreciate the importance of simple clear communication & the principle of delivering the headline event, followed by the description of what has happened.

Like players, all commentators make mistakes.I got the goalscorer wrong for the winning goal aganst Kidderminster, which was an easy one for me  to identify without any feedback, but things like this sometimes only get picked up if we are told.....so please keep the comments coming....good & bad.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 11:00:34 AM »

Thanks chaps

As one of the commentators on duty yesterday I have read your constructive comments with interest and if your quoted segments are correct then it seems as if you have a fair point.

I'm sure all of our commentary team will take your comments on aboard, in the hope of increasing our listeners enjoyment and satisfaction.

In my defence of the two Alty goals yesterday the quality of both strikes was enough to take the breathe away and make us lost for words. I'm sure this will be confirmed when Alty TV post the highlights !

We all like to think that we are providing a decent quality service for any exiled Alty fans and any feedback, whether good and bad, is always noted and welcome.

Thank you to all our listeners for your support throughout the year and have a Merry Christmas, and we look forward to your continued support.     

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 11:29:42 AM »

do you think you could do any better?

Unfortunately I don't know the names of any non-league footballers.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 12:08:25 PM »

As both a commentator and a regular listener, I think Bath Alty is spot on. That wait to find out what's happened when clearly something's happened is agony - it was particularly bad for the two Dover goals yesterday because you couldn't hear much crowd reaction to guide you.

It's something we're all guilty of at times but it's also a simple thing to put right. If we all got into the habit of saying 'header, gone wide' or 'goal for Dover' or whatever as soon as possible, that would I know make a huge difference to the listeners' experience.

Hamilton

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 01:27:48 PM »

Thanks chaps

Thanks for the detailed & constructive feedback BA, which we also picked up via the chatroom.As you state,we have had similar comments on one or two previous occasions & it does help, particularly as you are one of RR's biggest advocates, regularly feeding back very positively on the commentary.Having missed a couple of games recently & listened to them live, I can appreciate the importance of simple clear communication & the principle of delivering the headline event, followed by the description of what has happened.

Like players, all commentators make mistakes.I got the goalscorer wrong for the winning goal aganst Kidderminster, which was an easy one for me  to identify without any feedback, but things like this sometimes only get picked up if we are told.....so please keep the comments coming....good & bad.

I don't think anyone noticed!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 11:00:40 PM »

Thanks chaps

I don't think anyone noticed!

Stitched myself up again ;D ;D ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team