PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great result today
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Great result today  (Read 10336 times)

ForeverAlty

Re: Great result today
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 07:26:56 PM »

Perry may not have deserved mom but he was great today along with the rest of the team

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 07:32:51 PM »

It wasn't a classic by any means but very much job done against a very limited outfit.

Throughout Chester had a lot of the ball but looked clueless as to what to do with it. We also defended excellently and how one of Marshall or Havern both scoring and keeping a clean sheet didn't get MOTM I do not know. Conditions utterly horrendous in the second half when the rain turned into snow and blowing into our faces too so to keep our first (i think?) away clean sheet this season excellent under the circumstances. Also to do without Reeves running up front worth noting too.

Amusing to read Chester 's forum that we've been compared to an Evo Stik outfit. I very much got the impression they all thought they just had to turn up to win today. Given we've beaten Macc, Bristol and Halifax in the league this season they clearly have just looked at the league table and put 2+2 and made 5. They'll be having a long hard winter, their meccano set ground deserted by full time.

Ha, AGM Cup winners Chester stating that we are of lower league standard, beggars belief
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »

It wasn't a classic by any means but very much job done against a very limited outfit.

Throughout Chester had a lot of the ball but looked clueless as to what to do with it. We also defended excellently and how one of Marshall or Havern both scoring and keeping a clean sheet didn't get MOTM I do not know. Conditions utterly horrendous in the second half when the rain turned into snow and blowing into our faces too so to keep our first (i think?) away clean sheet this season excellent under the circumstances. Also to do without Reeves running up front worth noting too.

Amusing to read Chester 's forum that we've been compared to an Evo Stik outfit. I very much got the impression they all thought they just had to turn up to win today. Given we've beaten Macc, Bristol and Halifax in the league this season they clearly have just looked at the league table and put 2+2 and made 5. They'll be having a long hard winter, their meccano set ground deserted by full time.

They were conference north two seasons ago, hung on by a thread last season and are right by us in the league so far this time. They are also part time so when the talk about the likes of Alty etc. then it's pretty ironic. Great win nonetheless today.

Red robin

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 07:39:20 PM »

Another 3pts in the bag,could end up with 40 pts by the end of the holiday period, come on ALTY NEW WAVE.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 07:44:46 PM »

Lee has judged the game really well again today and made the right calls.

From bringing Stu back in and he makes a wonderful save at 0-0
Playing Kyle on his own and not trying to play our normal game in the atrocious conditions
Playing Jake who battled so well and gave us a platform.

It wasnt a day to play the pretty stuff (that we usually do) and Chester didnt play to the conditions. How often has the boot been on the other foot in the past?  ;D

bumble

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 08:11:57 PM »

Grimsby we kept a clean sheet

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2014, 08:16:22 PM »

With Reeves and wiliams out the only outfield call was crowther.or clee
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2014, 08:29:48 PM »

Can you here the boo boys sing no no, can you hear the boo boys sing noooooooooo. noooooooo, can you hear the boo boys sing, i cant hear a f.............   thing woooowooo wooo woo
Yes but they did turn up

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2014, 08:33:29 PM »

The back 4 and moult and cav for me won the game alround excellent performance leather is are top defender shows how well Luca and masha are playing deservedly keeping him out quality save by stu at 0-0
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 06:32:41 AM by Jimmy »

markecky

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2014, 08:50:14 PM »

Looked like a team today, everyone working hard for each other in terrible conditions.

Cav ran the first 20 mins virtually on his own and was everywhere, Luca and Marshall did well.

Chester were poor but we ratted them and didn't give them much time on the ball.  They have a great home record so delighted with a 2-0 win.

Great results around us as well, another couple of wins and we will be looking at results above us and not below us.

Decent day out and enjoyed it.  Credit to our coach driver for getting us home safely in those conditions.

bumble

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2014, 09:03:01 PM »

The back 4 and moult and cav for me won the game alround excellent performance leather is are top defender shows how well Luca and masha are playing deservedly keeping them out quality save by stu at 0-0

Spot on Jimmy.

Moult was my motm

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2014, 10:09:07 PM »

Excellent team performance overall, I thought Stu's save was world class as he saw the ball late. Two excellent goals. And the snow on the  way home was awful to drive in. But our car was happy because we won.

DavidP

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2014, 11:30:17 PM »

Great win
Against city city city noooo you went bust not that anyone in prison block H cared as they do what they want is sing no songs and leave early. What a day so proud of the alty boys.
One last thing well done Lee sinnot he deserves some credit.
Alty till I die

ripleym

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2014, 11:49:40 PM »

Photographer's opinion: most of the play, both halves, was in the opposite half to where I was shooting.  Possession-wise, Chester nailed it.  There were some beautiful runs out of defence and midfield, by Crowther, Richman, Lawrie and even Densmore on occasion.  All broke down because we were defending deeply, and therefore had no support.

Our two goals came from set pieces.  Towering headers from two stalwart defenders.  Has to go to our defence today, they got us the points.  Chester were woeful, but we weren't great.

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2014, 12:19:54 AM »

Perry's MOM award demonstrates that the sponsors understand the use of irony better than some of our Forum contributors.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great result today