PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We've got to learn and quickly
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: We've got to learn and quickly  (Read 18772 times)

Alty-J

Re: We've got to learn and quickly
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2014, 05:34:32 PM »

How many times do we have to lose to the sh*t in this league before we'll learn? Beating big boys all well and good but means nothing if we don't win the winnable games-
Alfreton 1 point from 6
Beat by Telford
Nuneaton 0 from 6
Hammered by Welling
Loss vs Southport
(And Blyth)

We could be in play offs if we had won under half of the points lost in those games, it's like the players (and us) know they are going to slip up against the teams around us "teams always end bad runs against us" "we always lose when we are favourites" like it's an excuse.
Were not going to consistently beat the big teams, we need to sort out this "superiority complex" of not being able to get up for the smaller games. Striker and winger needed, Gillespie and Wilko not up to it. Contrast that with points taken off Grimsby, Kiddy, Macc, Halifax  Wrexham and Lincoln and that's the frustrating part.

Badly missed Richman, Dens and Cav today, especially Dens on that right side.
On the bright side, we'd have to seriously fudge it up to go down now, just need to iron out some issues and we'll be a decent side. And bring in some support for Reeves, who himself is somewhat hot and cold! We were excellent at Chester, same again on NYD

brian1925

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2014, 07:19:46 PM »

It's happened far too often now to be coincidence and also I'm not sure that it's simply a psychological thing either. I just don't think we are good enough to take the game to an opposition who lack quality and set out to defend. We don't seem to have any issues at all playing against pretty passing sides. It seems to be a case of 'bring it on and we'll pick you off at leisure' against those sorts of sides, but when we actually have to work for it, we just can't!!! I'm pretty sure this will continue, starting with Chester on Thursday. In fact, thinking about it, there's a fortune to be had at the bookies predicting Alty results - Barnet, home win, Telford, away win...

RocketDan

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2014, 07:29:14 PM »

First time I've seen us in a couple of month and apart from the scoreline, I thought there was a lot to take from the game. Our attitude and style of play was very encouraging, and on another day Reeves would have taken his chances or Marshall would have been onside and we could have won by a some margin. It's disappointing not to get points from teams in the relegation zone but over the season I think it averages out.

Can't say Crowther or Gillespie impressed today or in the handful of games I've seen this season. I'd be tempted to bin them both off in favour of an out-and-out old fashioned number 9 to play upfront with Reevesy. It's a shame we couldn't keep James Walshaw as we'd midtable with him in the team.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2014, 10:32:50 PM »

How many times do we have to lose to the sh*t in this league before we'll learn? Beating big boys all well and good but means nothing if we don't win the winnable games-
Alfreton 1 point from 6
Beat by Telford
Nuneaton 0 from 6
Hammered by Welling
Loss vs Southport
(And Blyth)

We could be in play offs if we had won under half of the points lost in those games, it's like the players (and us) know they are going to slip up against the teams around us "teams always end bad runs against us" "we always lose when we are favourites" like it's an excuse.
Were not going to consistently beat the big teams, we need to sort out this "superiority complex" of not being able to get up for the smaller games. Striker and winger needed, Gillespie and Wilko not up to it. Contrast that with points taken off Grimsby, Kiddy, Macc, Halifax  Wrexham and Lincoln and that's the frustrating part.

On the bright side, we'd have to seriously fudge it up to go down now, just need to iron out some issues and we'll be a decent side. And bring in some support for Reeves, who himself is somewhat hot and cold! We were excellent at Chester, same again on NYD

I don't often post to say I agree with people, in fact it annoys me when people put 'This' as a post and clog the threads up a bit, but I think all the point made here are excellent.

bighairedmike

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2014, 12:49:23 AM »

Alfreton 1 point from 6
Beat by Telford
Nuneaton 0 from 6
Hammered by Welling
Loss vs Southport
(And Blyth)

I don't often post to say I agree with people, in fact it annoys me when people put 'This' as a post and clog the threads up a bit, but I think all the point made here are excellent.

This.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2014, 07:37:27 AM »

Congratulations. I was wondering which basic T**t would do the obvious.

Dear me.

bighairedmike

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2014, 11:12:39 AM »

Dear me.

Don't make a point that I agree with then. You've done exactly what you hate with your post anyway, just clogging up a thread with a long-winded version of "this". 

Dear me.

Jenga

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2014, 11:27:52 AM »

This forum. Completely clogged up. It is a wonder the internet has not crashed.

andrewflynn

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2014, 01:02:15 PM »

This forum. Completely clogged up. It is a wonder the internet has not crashed.

Sinnott doesn't rotate the posts enough.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2014, 03:50:27 PM »

Dear me.

Don't make a point that I agree with then. You've done exactly what you hate with your post anyway, just clogging up a thread with a long-winded version of "this". 

Dear me.

We'll just have to agree to agree then in this case.

Hamilton

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2014, 06:58:21 PM »

Dear me.

Dear me.

We'll just have to agree to agree then in this case.

This

Robin Reliant

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2014, 07:04:52 PM »

"This" is the new Goodwin   ;D

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »

ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil