PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why bother with the sterile area ?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Why bother with the sterile area ?  (Read 12804 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 01, 2015, 03:49:14 PM »

When there fans pay a quid to enter by the main stand and stand in the home end

Madness may as well change ends
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

Re: Why bother with the sterile area ?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 04:45:20 PM »

Been like that for about 50 years?  What do you suggest we do about it?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 05:15:36 PM »

Stop away fans entering in the home end when you 10 police are present at a high risk fixture
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 05:18:13 PM »

Stop away fans entering in the home end when you 10 police are present at a high risk fixture

Were they wearing colours?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 05:49:57 PM »

Yes they were wearing colours. I'm used to away fans from the stand using the toilets and the catering at the Golf Road end but today you had Chester fans standing in front of the CSH, all friendly OK people but that's not the point. You either segregate or you don't. And what was that with letting them stand in the sterile area just because it was raining? Did the risk get washed away in the rain?

joe

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 05:58:52 PM »

Especially after last year against Chester! Lessons should've been learnt but obviously weren't!

markecky

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 06:04:19 PM »

Yes they were wearing colours. I'm used to away fans from the stand using the toilets and the catering at the Golf Road end but today you had Chester fans standing in front of the CSH, all friendly OK people but that's not the point. You either segregate or you don't. And what was that with letting them stand in the sterile area just because it was raining? Did the risk get washed away in the rain?

Shouldn't have let people with colours through, something to look at for the future.  

Surely though when you continuously criticise the stewarding you acknowledge that they have come a very long way in a very short space of time from handling 7 from Vauxhall Motors to 800 Chester fans. Macc fans and Grimsby fans all with a trouble element amongst them.

When the Alty fans had moved down to the Golf Road end and away from the fence then maybe the Police made the decision to let them go in there?  I am sure I would have been asking why I couldn't stand under that roof when there was no home fans nearby.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 06:13:37 PM »

Especially after last year against Chester! Lessons should've been learnt but obviously weren't!

Pete said there were about 30 police at the game including 6 outside the Golf Rd turnstiles, bit unfair to say lessons were not learnt.

joe

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 06:20:17 PM »

Pete said there were about 30 police at the game including 6 outside the Golf Rd turnstiles, bit unfair to say lessons were not learnt.

Fair enough then mate,maybe lessons were learnt from last year but questions still need to be asked how so many Chester got in the home end especially with so many police present!

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 06:22:42 PM »

The club have learned there lesson because of the police no problems and as for th being moved to the popular end lets be fair how many clubs supply uswith no shelter
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:06:33 PM by Jimmy »

markecky

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 06:29:38 PM »

It was discussed on here at the time but I spoke to the chairman after Chester the first time round about the lack of police.  He advised that the police had advised them they would not be needed but would be a "around the area" if needed.  That turned out to be very poor judgement.

Now we have our own Police Liason Officer and are in the Conference it seems to be a totally different kettle of fish.  The best things these "lads" can do is keep piling off the train leathered and being a nuisance around the town.

As has been said, fans stood outside the CSH in colours needs looking at but I am sure it will be.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 07:19:01 PM »

As said defore.
We were told that the Chester fans in the bar were from the stand.
That was not the case.
 They did stand in front of the new CHC, but no problem
Yes they did have colours on as well.
What I don't understand is , why do they want to stand with the opposition supporters, and not their own!!!!!!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 08:33:49 PM »

There are some Alty Fans I wish I didn't have to stand with. Truly cringe worthy.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 08:45:42 PM »

The only turnstiles open early where the main stand ones for people to get into the bar to watch the early match on tv,
Do u expect the turnstile operator to ask away fans are you going in the bar?
When these turnstiles were first opened no stewards seemed to be on duty.
Always been the way with big games the seated areas never get segregated even though it has
been suggested and explained how it would work {They don't want to move the sponsors).
Basically there is no control over how many are let in the 2 stands yes the steward has a clicker but do they know
how many seats available less sponsors/season ticket holders seats? So the ones that had gone in the bar
returned to find the main stand full hence why they were outside the CSH.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:53:46 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »

From what I heard at the game;

Police said the fence could not be moved due to H&S
It appeared to be police who decided and had final say on opening the section of the Pop Side for Chester fans.

Just what I heard, so not official.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team