PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Seven points offf the play offs
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Seven points offf the play offs  (Read 10168 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 04, 2015, 05:31:06 PM »

Is it a reality ?

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Seven points offf the play offs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:35:36 PM »

Only 3 behind Torquay who we play next. More realistically it has been suggested that 52 points should be enough for safety. That's just 13 in 16 games. Surely not even we could cock that up. Could we? (Yes I know we've done it before!).

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:00:35 PM »

I don't think it's possible personally. Too many good sides + we aren't consistent enough to beat the relegation threatened teams.

Top 10 is a (slightly more realistic) and ambitious goal IMO. Would be a great achievement.

First and foremost I want to see us get the magic 52 points or whatever it is that'll keep us up for the season.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 06:09:40 PM »

If you had told me after the first game of the season that at this stage we would be six points ahead of Aldershot I wouldn't have believed you

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 06:13:24 PM »

Lee said before the season, let's roll the dice and see where it takes us.

A small squad, no loan players and now you are seeing the benefits of stability and keeping faith with players who have the ability even though not always showing it.

Where are those moaners when you need them?

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 06:31:20 PM »

Originally i would have settled for 20th this season, now i feel that 15th is a target that would we should realistically be hoping for.

However....

With the form we are in, the squad we have and dare i say it the management team, i firmly believe the play offs are possible. That sounds crazy i know, but it is distinctly possible, although improbable.

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 06:53:00 PM »

A small squad, no loan players and now you are seeing the benefits of stability and keeping faith with players who have the ability even though not always showing it.

The moaners are on a train back from Eastleigh are you?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 06:57:14 PM »

The moaners are on a train back from Eastleigh are you?

Well said Jimmy

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 07:01:16 PM »

Just got back from Liverpool and put the BBC football results page on the internet.......what a result that is - I had to 'refresh the page' to make sure it correct...looks like we deserved it as well

Hats off as well to those who have traveled down there on a Sunday to support their team - that result must make the journey home more tolerable.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 07:01:38 PM »

I am back from Easyleigh myself, and continuing not to moan.  I have no idea how we won that today - desperate defending and bodies on the line.  Proud of the boys today!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 07:57:40 PM »

Also just got back from Eastleigh. A great performance and brilliant result. I thought we were under the cosh for nearly all the game. We defended brilliantly and I think Stu only had two great saves to make. They must have had around 30 corners? Our first goal had a hint of luck but Dens free was a beauty. I dont think Eastleigh have lost at home for a few seasons?

The attendance of +1200 was not what it seamed as they include all 700-800 season tickets they have sold even if those holders dont turn up - and most of them were certainly missing today.

brian1925

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 09:00:47 PM »

Well done to everyone who made it to Eastleigh today, moaners or otherwise - that must have been some trip, as well as some win against a team very difficult to beat at home! Will we make the play offs? Let's not pretend the general standard of teams in this league has been that great this year, but the play offs is a mighty big call for a part time team with a modest budget and a small squad. Of course it should be a target and if we take the Southport and Telford home games out of the equation I suppose in theory we could win the rest! Let's just enjoy it while it lasts though.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 09:06:42 PM »

Just got back from the game, excellent win and performance, defensively outstanding, (what has happened to the Tom Marshall of Early season) had another stormer! They were an experienced physical side and they didn't play badly at all, tremendous result.

Great turnout from the fans as well, must have been 100 at least there.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 10:56:58 PM »

That was a fully deserved 3 points and another textbook away display.

Similarities with Chester on Boxing Day in that the home team had a lot more of the ball than us, but we defended excellently and used the ball much more intelligently when we had it. Our first goal was a fluke but still they all count, a poor corner by Crowther but if they don't defend it properly then that's not our problem. Second half we had to withstand a lot of pressure but in the way of clear cut chances Eastleigh had sweet FA. The red card was a clear shove and second booking on Reeves in a needless position but he had clearly beaten his man, and our fans behind the goal had by far the best view in the ground, so any Eastleigh fan saying otherwise hasn't got a leg to stand on IMHO. The second goal was a cracker from Densmore, great to have a player who has that in his locker.

The way the team has come on since the opening day at Aldershot is top class. That is a credit to the management and all the players and it's clear from reading other teams forums that we are now finally beginning to get some credit for our style of football and our players rather than the northern hoofball team that most of the big boys assume we are.

Note on Eastleigh, an odd ground with a huge Woking style new stand behind one of the goals completely dominating the other 3 sides. Bit of a pain in the arse transport wise though a decent boozer called the Cricketers just down the road. As for their team it reads like a who's who of southern mercenaries from Crawley/Oxford/Stevenage/ Ebbsfleet et al over the last 5 years, we've all seen them. Jai Reason, Ben Strevens, Yemi Odubade etc and managed by an utterly classless T**t in Richard Hill. The gate announced of 1250 was a work of fiction as well. 850 tops. Their fans present seemed a decent bunch but on and off the pitch they are sadly doing their best to be another Crawley or Rushden and Diamonds.

altyazz

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 11:01:35 PM »

Is it only me that believes we can reach playoffs
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team