PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great result
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Great result  (Read 12394 times)

Jimmy

Re: Great result
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2015, 04:09:17 PM »

I was never worried about griffin but I was worried about a few others who have proved me wrong

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2015, 11:02:33 PM »

The result was nothing less than we deserved.

Some outstanding football was played and never looked like anything other than 3 points until they scored.

Must say fair play to LS for our recent results. I doubted his ability to keep us up with the squad he kept this season but I was wrong. Barring the Blyth nightmare and a handful of league games, we have looked very impressive.

While I'm eating humble pie special mention to Adam Griffin. I thought he would be real weak link at Lb, but he's been my player of season.

I used to fear for us when a team of giants walked out against us, but now I rub my hands.

Well done to all concerned.

On to Bath and lets get to Wembley.

Aggborough Cottage variety?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:04:10 PM by Brian Flynn »

GB Alty

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2015, 09:47:02 AM »

I am not sure anyone is proving anyone wrong, the players (and management) now performing to the level we knew they could - so they proving us right!

That is why there was so much annoy after Blyth and other disasters - we knew they could do this

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2015, 12:36:20 PM »

I was helping Brian out with the Twitter commentary at the top of the main stand on Saturday; interestingly I was sat next to a scout from Hemel Hempstead taking a look at Torquay for their Trophy game next Saturday.

Although he echoed what we already know, he was astounded by our willingness to play it on the deck, and in particular how our 3 CM's were running rings round their 2 terribly immobile CM's, which he saw as their most obvious weakness. He described the quick ball Marshall fired into Damian for the second goal the 'best he's seen for a long time'. As a Watford fan, he described LS as a 'bit of a legend round his neck of the woods'.

Will be interesting to see how Hemel get on; understandably he fancies their chances.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2015, 01:16:42 PM »

As depressing and awful as the day at Blyth was the response to it by the players and management has been fantastic and that's all that could've been asked of them in that situation.

Rightly the team were berated and criticised from top to bottom after Byth and now, rightly they're being praised in the same way.

Personally that defeat at Byth now seems a very long time ago and is starting to become less and less hurtful given recent results.

Keep it up!!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2015, 01:17:55 PM »

I am not sure anyone is proving anyone wrong, the players (and management) now performing to the level we knew they could - so they proving us right!

That is why there was so much annoy after Blyth and other disasters - we knew they could do this

I think that's it in a nutshell. Those performances away at both Grimsby and Lincoln before the Blyth nonsense showed this team are very capable of grinding out results in difficult circumstances without playing the excellent football that is plainly Lee Sinnott's hallmark. The results at Kidderminster and Eastleigh underline this and that both came after Nuneaton, means I think we can file that under 'bad day at the office' as opposed to 'didn't fancy it'. We all thought Barwell had laid the Trafford ghost, but along came Blyth. Come on Alty let's get at Bath from the off, no sheepishness but no laziness either - we're the form team in the Conference at the moment - go out and show it on Saturday.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2015, 07:59:15 PM »

You can only take one game at a time, but with our form as it is, we have a real chance of trophy progression,let's get bath beaten on Saturday, we know are capable.

Jimmy

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2015, 08:12:44 PM »

See you bright and early Saturday figgy

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2015, 08:35:40 PM »

Has the boy Taylor arranged the travel, I've been away

Jimmy

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2015, 09:52:49 PM »

Yes

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2015, 11:24:38 PM »

Astounding that it's cheaper to get to bath going via a foreign country than going direct, Thatchers Britain
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great result